A Suggestion For Kix Management

Moon Pie
Moon Pie
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 206
The whole focus of the game since the buyout seems to have become outpacing a player's ability to build new fleets in time for the next event by releasing a constant flood of new hulls, armors, weapons,and specials necessary to compete in those events. In that way it appears you hope to force players into spending more money in order to keep pace. As someone who spends roughly $150 per month playing BP, I can assure you I won't spend more and if $150 won't allow me to keep pace I'll simply stop playing and find another online game. I'm hearing this same attitude from other longtime BP players. They agree it's one thing to give your customer base the option of spending money in order to speed up their play. It's another entirely to try and bully them into it. You need to rethink your marketing strategy. 
  • Damon Skilling
    Damon Skilling
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 15
    If one is willingly spending $150/month on a browser game...maybe one should look at picking up a healthier habit: Methamphetamine works
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,523
    If one is willingly spending $150/month on a browser game...maybe one should look at picking up a healthier habit: Methamphetamine works
    anyone who spends a hundred fifty bucks a month not to play strong but to just keep up needs help.  I spend zero dollars building ships an dtwen dollars on raids  and have every hulll.  What soes everyone else who spende  a hundred and fifty put their money or time building?
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,523
    In the last few months player population has been declining.  3-4 months ago these events would have 31,000 players right now there are only 23,000.  The prize lists are horrible, there really is no incentive to even compete in the event.
    I think the prizes lists are boring is due to kix not wanting to come out with stronger base fleets and stalling with th esupport ship stuff and interceptor hulls. My belief is that people crying about basers being too strong is stalling the game.
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • someonehere
    someonehere
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,273
    The listening to players appears gone,,,, did not fill out the survey as felt it was a waste 
    I Enjoy meeting New People !!

• dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 149
    Players shouldn't have to spend $150 a month to keep pace. They should be able to spend $5-10  a month and feel they have value. That doesn't sound like much money for kix but when you spread it across 1000s of players it adds up. What deters lots from coining is the fact you have to spend $150+ a month to keep pace. And as $5-10 a month gets soo little in this game there is no point even spending that.
    I agree. As a lower level player, I considered buying some coin to help me along - didn't/wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

What stopped me was a fellow player, saying wait until I reached level 30-35ish....the reasoning they gave was the pace changes. I was unsure what they meant, but listened as they were a high level player (from memory about 50-60ish, which is high when you are sub 20) 

They were right..sadly. Things started taking a lot longer to do, and literally it stopped being fun, and become a chore. Over the last few months I've levelled up quite a bit, mainly due to the free fleets, and upgraded base (for free - mainly the dock) but I remember and still struggle/grind the FM...

Current thoughts of this raid, from a low tech and level player, the 40's are too big, they take forever to complete, yes I hit them with my bats, at a reduced amount, so back to grinding. I am tired of grinding...I don't mind working for things I get, but what's not fun is never really leaving that "position" get the new hull, finally get a fleet built, and then back to grinding again.....eg the new armours in the FM - haven't got them, just got the Dragon from the FM...so building a fleet of them, but may stop and try again for the Praetorian....

Why I still play, I like the game play aspect, and keep hoping that it will get better, but currently I am not seeing it, so gameplay for me has dropped off quite a bit, not complaining or anything (enjoying RL) but it would be nice to have a fun game to play again...
  • XIIIth Fleet
    XIIIth Fleet
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 369
    edited 12 Sep 2019, 2:39AM
    What these bozo's don't get- it's cheaper to keep clients than it is to get new clients. But slick Willey Harbin knows more than the average kangaroo doesn't he...
  • In the last few months player population has been declining.  3-4 months ago these events would have 31,000 players right now there are only 23,000.  The prize lists are horrible, there really is no incentive to even compete in the event.
    Do not look at the player count on the top left corner, these are players logged in on the kix site, nothin else and doest take into account facebook and and steam browsers.

But you are right that player have been declining. But the numbers are much worse then those you stated. Roughly a year ago when the new team took over, player activity in events was around 60k ish (5k ish in bounty) and now, roughly 12k ish player participate in event(2-3k ish in bounty). 

So ya, huge decline and numbers arent stabalizing, they are still dropping. And image, this is one of the 2 featured game by kixeye on stillfront page, and yet, no player increase. If i was the team, heck CEO of kixeye, id be worried when one of the two featured game your owners are betting on is still losing DUA/WUA and a continous basis.

And hte worst part, is that it the team/management decision to overly monetize this game that is leading this trend. Players who use to coin have stopped because they no longer see value in there spending, and yet, management continues to push and push and push any remaining coining player. Is there intent to keep this game going or shut it down in the next 6 to months ? Sadly action is not following words, and players can see it with there own eyes, hence why so many call the BS the team is dishing out weekly.

But hey, it up to them to either fix it or kill it, and monetization is not the way to go, this game is already overly monetized, and more of it will only continue the trend and the exodus of players, Hence either they lift there foot of the gas, swallow the lost and hope player stay around, or they keep up and get ready to look for a new job in 2020, up to them.

One thing is sure is that the CEO of Stillfront wont be happy with the CEO of kixeye if DUA/WUA keep dropping which will affect theyre overall number at stillfront. Pretty sure in 12 month they ll be sorry they ever paid 90 mill for this studio if there 2 featured game continue to tank like they are. Maybe revenue are still stable, but how long will that last if player keep falling like flies in winter. What happens when whale decide they had enough and mass quit.

Food for toughs
    This is not just your thought, this is 死馬's plan:

Why does everybody always forget it?
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Minor Nuisance
    Players shouldn't have to spend $150 a month to keep pace. They should be able to spend $5-10  a month and feel they have value. That doesn't sound like much money for kix but when you spread it across 1000s of players it adds up. What deters lots from coining is the fact you have to spend $150+ a month to keep pace. And as $5-10 a month gets soo little in this game there is no point even spending that.
    Players should not "HAVE" to spend anything. They should be able to choose what to spend, Choice, many would be surprised to hear, IS our right. BEING FORCED to spend to stay behind in a game is a LOOSE - LOOSE situation. I am not doing it. The current Raid cycle is INSANE. You cannot get a fleet build in place in time to catch the end  of the cycle making your fleet obsolete before you get is built. 

STOP the INSANITY.  I have heard of players leaving in droves.... Guess what YOU (KIX) had to make sectors and worlds smaller due to lack of players. I can remember when you had to WAIT sometimes days to Move base to a specific sector as they were FULL.... NOW there are sectors barren, void of players active or otherwise, and this after Sectors were reduced? Can you see the writing on the wall. YOU ARE LOOSING your player base
    Yeah. And then they say the FM is for Siege hulls only. But try your Bucs or a few other of your Siege hulls. You'll find they're not allowed either. Only Seige hulls KIx calculates a goodly portion of  players haven't yet built or are in the process of building. That's all hull specialization in events amounts to. Another attempt to box in and bully players into spending more money. I suspect the buyout put the original owners of Kix on an incentive bonus program. If they hit certain revenue bars they get bonuses. This would account for the game design becoming so obviously manipulative and over-the-top greedy.
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Minor Nuisance

Just ignore him. He's one of the multitude of BP trolls. Nothing of substance to contribute to the thread. Just insults and vaporous bullshit.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,638
    I coined repairs in Pillage because I could get a lot of stuff for the damage taken on Praets and the time put in.    When my (admittedly incomplete) fleet of Erads got defeated in one 62 in this Bronze Rage raid, garnering 17k points for 6.5hrs damage, I just quit.   

I'm not going to coin that much, so I'll coin nothing.

• Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 185
    Seige raid, Im using SKRIMISH cuz my seige is not ready (shock surprize?) used my FISH fully ranked, Fully Upgraded and took 3 hrs damage for 200k points.   Nuff Said.

We have WAR, We have Aggression, Let us do it with Pride and Honor Without disgracing our parents by showing how badly they raised their kids. That's all it is, Poor Parenting and lousy attitude.
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Minor Nuisance
    Well, everyone should breathe a sigh of relief. Dragoons and everything you need to do this FM is now being offered for sale. Ahahahahaha! I ain't spending a **** dime on it. 😂
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 425
    Moon Pie said:
    The whole focus of the game since the buyout seems to have become outpacing a player's ability to build new fleets in time for the next event by releasing a constant flood of new hulls, armors, weapons,and specials necessary to compete in those events. In that way it appears you hope to force players into spending more money in order to keep pace. As someone who spends roughly $150 per month playing BP, I can assure you I won't spend more and if $150 won't allow me to keep pace I'll simply stop playing and find another online game. I'm hearing this same attitude from other longtime BP players. They agree it's one thing to give your customer base the option of spending money in order to speed up their play. It's another entirely to try and bully them into it. You need to rethink your marketing strategy. 
    I agree 100%, plus they do nothing to help the smaller player to grow.. Without players coming up through the lvl's, a game dies.. I been at this since the blackwater, and have seen allot of the players I started with leave.. To top it off they have the stones to let you "Have your say",  "Rate the Game".. If they seriously listened to Player Feedback, I would be shocked.. Oh and even if you do manage the get the fleet finished, they have the targets so overpowered that they shred your flt.. So I ask myself, What is the point...….
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531

In case folk wanted to know participation

I fired up a defunct account & killed a 40 with it, resulting with 5k points, & placing 12,***th globally on the leader board.
    There were 2 in that sector with less points, so let's say 13k have participated.

That's 20k less than December last year with the Kixmas Bat fleet release & raid, with a tally of 33k who took part.

Don't use the numbers on Kix site as a reflection of how many are raiding, that's how many are online in any Kix game at that time, it doesn't reflect other players on other platforms.

Off topic a little, I know.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 540
    I have a suggestion fo kix management,
    Resign and go find another job, because you will all be out of a job soon, when the game gets shut down, thru lack of players (coiners).

Remember this is a game for us, one of many available to us, this is a job for you, it pays your bills.
    We can leave this game and go play another one, you need your job to live.
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 329
    edited 13 Sep 2019, 11:51AM
    Remember the big investment Kixeye got last year for AI Development?  That's why Stillfront made the purchase, not any long-term potential of BP - it has none.   Look at the recent changes to the game that continually defy the will of the community.  This isn't planning for the future, it's rapid development to gain whatever remaining profit there is to be had.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Remember the big investment Kixeye got last year for AI Development?  That's why Stillfront made the purchase, not any long-term potential of BP - it has none.   Look at the recent changes to the game that continually defy the will of the community.  This isn't planning for the future, it's rapid development to gain whatever remaining profit there is to be had.
    What's the term?
    They purchased "intellectual property" & that's all they were after?

Pretty expensive if you ask me, must be something pretty hot that they hope will generate a lot more profit for them than a "measly" 120 mil..
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 542
    Look at the recent changes to the game that continually defy the will of the community.  This isn't planning for the future, it's rapid development to gain whatever remaining profit there is to be had.
    We been saying this for literally years, and the game is still here. Doesn't make sense, yet here we are.
    Level 119

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210...wait 24...nope..45...
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Look at the recent changes to the game that continually defy the will of the community.  This isn't planning for the future, it's rapid development to gain whatever remaining profit there is to be had.
    We been saying this for literally years, and the game is still here. Doesn't make sense, yet here we are.

Because it's still profitable.  If they can pay developers and graphic designers to pump out content and enough keep paying into this game to be profitable at all, it will keep going like this.  We can complain all day about fairness and balance and chores and bugs.. and how they're ruining the game.  The game is already ruined.  They're just stringing us along until the income thins out and they shut it down.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord

@Blitzfinger44 said:
    (Quote)
    Because it's still profitable.  If they can pay developers and graphic designers to pump out content and enough keep paying into this game to be profitable at all, it will keep going like this.  We can complain all day about fairness and balance and chores and bugs.. and how they're ruining the game.  The game is already ruined.  They're just stringing us along until the income thins out and they shut it down.

Pretty much & there'll be no warning, not even a reach-around either

• Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    I suspect when it gets to that point they'd announce it ahead of time.  They wouldn't keep processing payment transactions right up until it goes offline...  would they?