Weekly Discussion / Q & A (9/9/19)

CM Dade Murphy
CM Dade Murphy
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined May 2015 Posts: 373
Rebels,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts, questions, and concerns for the week of September 9th. Let us know what you think!
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,782
    What is the back story on new  management removing ship riots and the use fullness of blood-amber

These moves are viewed as "bad"  by   probably  every player ....

Like wise  the lack of new commander boosting speed of drivers [ its  most important  stat]
     "He is for basing" is not a good argument as basing is easy enough as it is..

EN  gets  Range  a  key modifier
    EX  gets AOE a key modifier

KI gets..?
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • rafaelbortoletto
    rafaelbortoletto
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 1
    You guys should consider keeping ship riot event on mondays since it is a good days of lowering down the ship building process for those ones who can't buy coins all the time.

Cutting off the ship tokens off the time token market was not good also since it encourages people to do the daily mission and only a few people will spend blood amber in a base since it is hard to hold.
  • UGA_Morlok
    UGA_Morlok
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 145
    Over the years people have asked to be able to defend bases with an actual fleet within the base itself, not as a guard the way its done now. If that is not possible how about having defense modules that spawn zealots or myrs?  That could be a nice compromise that will help base defenses. Hope this will be considered in the future.  
  • YaYeetBeet
    YaYeetBeet
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 10

Why exactly were the ship tokens removed? Not having access to them brings us back to the same issues we had before. Long build times make the game unfun. Despite lowering build times, some ships (Specifically carriers) still cary very long build times. My plexus carrier carries a 10 day build time at mk1. With the progression of new tech, it would be greatly appreciated to have the ship tokens return. Removing them decreases enjyoment of the game. Please reconsider your choices. Thank you.

• sarus.nazca74
    sarus.nazca74
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 4

I did play vega since it starts on Facebook, did give up of it at least 2 times, and I'm sure these sort of bad moves will never end, do they forget about its own creation, old tech was thrown to oblivion like there wasn't time/work spent from designer and programmer team.
    Dev team otherwise work now only to make us frustrated enough to spend real dollars to make these game bearable.
    Forget ship tokens it was a bandage to hold some players to leave and to make them use these tool, now if you want to play "decently" pay to not spend a month only build/fit only one fleet like i did in xeno/axis season.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Over the years people have asked to be able to defend bases with an actual fleet within the base itself, not as a guard the way its done now. If that is not possible how about having defense modules that spawn zealots or myrs?  That could be a nice compromise that will help base defenses. Hope this will be considered in the future.  
    I can see BL and PL  Myr/zealots types being pretty useful. Especially the zealots with their  shields  hp and speed is what makes them more effective  vs  the non dangerous drones we have now.

Like wise nebula cannons/generators that spawn all the different nebula types
  • Johnathan Cole
    Johnathan Cole
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 9

There no more ship token

• Wenosan
    Wenosan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 2

Why did you remove ship tokens? Now the blood amber is bassicaly worthless to the players with maxed bases because the only things that you can buy now is base upgrade/refit tokens, and void tech. With blood amber, you could shorten the time of building and refiting ships, which everyone playing the game does. Now that i have all modules upgraded to the point where i can build altairian, umbra and pharmakon, the base tokens are uselles to me, since i dont want to upgrade my base anymore, but everyone, whether they are a new player or advanced player, builds and refits ships. And we all know that carriers take a shitton of time to fully build even after the build/refit times rework. You could shorten the time by buying the ship token, but now ship tokens are gone. And since i dont want to buy anything for blood amber, now that ship tokens are no longer availible, i dont feel motivated to do the daily missions, one of the methods to get blood amber.

• Johnathan Cole
    Johnathan Cole
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 9

Bring back ship token

• CM Dade Murphy
    CM Dade Murphy
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 373
    @UGA_Morlok I don't think I've asked the game team about defensive fleets in base defense since I became CM, so I'll ask!

In regards to the Ship Token Riot, this change aligns with the 80% Refit Discount, Xeno/AXIS Tech Build Time Reductions, and the massive Ship Build reductions more recently - while there are currently no plans to reintroduce the Ship Token Riot, I'll be able to bring up these concerns with the team.
  • UGA_Morlok
    UGA_Morlok
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 145
    @UGA_Morlok I don't think I've asked the game team about defensive fleets in base defense since I became CM, so I'll ask!

That has not been a topic in forum for a few years and it may have balance implications. Now that there's a concept of myrs and zealots though that should be pretty easy to implement and a more balanced approach.  So that would be my ask... "adding a few modules that could spawn zealots or myrs." 
  • Rodrigo Lobo
    Rodrigo Lobo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1
    only one word can describe this event: Ridiculous 
  • RedFish2525
    RedFish2525
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 70
    If the BA time tokens are gone can the Game Team please look into other BA offers for useful equipment? I have a full bank of BA, no need for old Resistors, no need for pre-Xeno equipment, and no interest in Marauder tech (outdated Marauder tech at that).

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
      other BA offers for useful equipment?

that to kixeye is  a not good combination