WEEKLY DISCUSSION/Q&A POST (9/9)

CM_Ghillie
CM_Ghillie
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 431

Ahoy Pirates!

Reminder: this weekly Discussion/Q&A post is open to discuss everything related to Battle Pirates for this week. 

• Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 329
    Ghille, if you're going to be making a points adjustment in Pillage, could you extend the prize redemption period?   My remaining points spending may change depending on your course of action.
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 388
    edited 11 Sep 2019, 8:39PM
    Can we get an update on older blueprints moving to research labs? Still no word on this after the last CM announced it months ago.
    There's items from the old Draconian bases that have value and aren't possible to obtain (such as Alloy Panels CM&XM) and the feature would make these available to everyone.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • dm vc
    dm vc
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 815
    Could you please tell me when the next Basilisk and Breacher update kits will be available to get?
    Bounty 24, most likely. They were also just available in Bounty 23. (May be able to put them in Shipwrecks, but not 100% yet.) 

This was what you posted as a reply before it was closed last week

By the way we have been informed on many occasions that shipwrecks and bounty were unnecesary events

When you only allow breecher and downburst cannons in shipwrecks and bounty and not in the raids and pillages - that totally goes against what has been stated several times, it says it would take a couple of months before the items become available in non pvp events, but things like the aforemention are still required even if you don't participate in pvp - because they are required for base defense but regaurdless, all items were supposed to be available in pve events a short time after initial release - re-offering it in bounty or shipwrecks is not always a reasonable answer for all 

Please take the time to respond to this post
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 86
    edited 9 Sep 2019, 6:48PM
    Some questions about the FM after this coming raid:

1) Adjustments to most of the old blueprints in the tier 5 list, anytime these are not only dropping down prize pools since they are little to no use, least the tier 5 & 6 techs, but also prices reduced, including the tier 6 armors and the tier 4.5 resistors? ( note the D6-CT armor has already dropped from Prize Pool 5 to Prize Pool 4 about last 2 or 3 months ago, why not the other ones? )

2) Anyway to claim more than 2 D7 Armors and the New Z1-X armors? it is better than one a week, but still not enough armors to put on all the ships in a fleet before raid or pillage event.

3) Will we be getting a capacity boost from certain ship specials such as the most importantly the Syncdrives, which currently can only get 10 of each syncdrives? Will we be also getting the explosive, ballistic and radioactive syncdrives soon? Siege ships still dont have any syncdrives to use yet...

4) Will we be getting ship tokens for the dragons in the FM anytime soon? or an idea to shift hull - specific ship tokens (ex. citadels, icebreakers and monoliths --> icebreakers, monoliths and dragons)? Citadels are too old, and almost never used...

5) I see that we have a tier 7 turret, the aftermath launcher, in our prize pool 5 list of prizes. Will we be getting the other tier 7 turrets in the FM as well, soon? Would make sense to add the other turrets since we are able to claim one of them, one or two a week is totally ok with me either way...

6) Anyway we can get at least 1 Missile Defense System 3 and a Gale Defense System 4 in the FM per week? Pretty frustrating to try and earn them in the raid when most players aren't prepared for the raid nowadays...
    Related image
  • Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 185
    So just curious how KIX will compensate for all the issues on saturday? There was a lot of chaos caused by that issue
    We have WAR, We have Aggression, Let us do it with Pride and Honor Without disgracing our parents by showing how badly they raised their kids. That's all it is, Poor Parenting and lousy attitude.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Captains: Due to the unforeseen downtime experienced over the weekend, we will be sending 40,000 Pillage points to all Pillage participants by end of day. 

Also, an investigation into mass points accrued by certain players during the battle issues revealed no intentional wrongdoing, and we have found the source of the issue. Apologies again for the confusion!

Thank you again for your understanding and patience, and thank you for being part of Battle Pirates. 
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 149
    Captains: Due to the unforeseen downtime experienced over the weekend, we will be sending 40,000 Pillage points to all Pillage participants by end of day. 

Also, an investigation into mass points accrued by certain players during the battle issues revealed no intentional wrongdoing, and we have found the source of the issue. Apologies again for the confusion!

Thank you again for your understanding and patience, and thank you for being part of Battle Pirates. 
    So, thanks for the extra 40k points, however it would have been nice to get a heads up or something before that it was coming....the timer said 24hrs so I spent my points before...was trying for the flag of the praetorian....managed to get 22k points....

With that I got 2tyrant guns and some resources......now I have 40k in stock which I could have got the flag... 

Frustrated much?!?!? I know I am! But thanks for the points anyway

PS fix the countdown timer to say you have 2 days not 24hrs unless it IS 24hrs...
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,681
    So this new hull.  What is it?
    The Scoundrel, a new tier 8.5 Experimental hull designed for speed and agility 

Is it a siege hull; conqueror, assault; garrison; skirmish???  the briefing doesn't say.
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    So this new hull.  What is it?
    The Scoundrel, a new tier 8.5 Experimental hull designed for speed and agility 

Is it a siege hull; conqueror, assault; garrison; skirmish???  the briefing doesn't say.
    If it is anything like the suppressor it will be a one raid wonder.....
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    Does anyone know what the upgrade times are for the Silverfish? U1, U2 and U3?
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    dlaw001 said:

That can depend on your Lab upgrades, but to ballpark it I'd say...

U1: 1.5 days

U2: 4 days

U3: 9-10 days

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Ghille, if you're going to be making a points adjustment in Pillage, could you extend the prize redemption period?   My remaining points spending may change depending on your course of action.
    We extended the store for an additional 24 hrs. :) 
  • graham.coel
    graham.coel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 285
    Question Are we going to see extra tiles for base, or anything for extra/new base defense.

This question has been asked by pirates for last three weeks STILL no reply
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    We extended the store for an additional 24 hrs. :) 

Yeah at the last minute.  I already spent my points; couldn't wait any longer and risk losing them.  Oh well.  Bought some more kits, so thanks for that.
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 187
    dlaw001 said:

U1: Dragoon flagship is 22 hours with all necessary buildings upgraded, Dragoon is 19 hours and change
    U2: 3 days plus for both
    U3: 6 days plus for both

Total of 10 days added to your build time and no upgrade tokens/build tokens offered in Pillage, what a crock but is now the normal way of thinking at Kixeye, if you want to call it thinking.
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    dlaw001 said:

Thank you
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,330
    ahoy @cmghillie please will you remove the white range thing on fleets. we cannot see where morts etc land. we knew what the range was before you did not need to break it. not a good improvement to be put at a disadvantage. 
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,330
    play the game ghillie see how you like it

you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,681

It would be nice if information like this was communicated within the game; either in the popups when the game first loads or across the top of the screen like how you give us other info. Alto of players are forum banned so miss out on this type of important information.
  • whatever11
    whatever11
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 304
    glad i spat the dummy on day 1 of pillage & not logged in till now, missed a lot of stuff ups by looks :) , now will i start fm & do raid or logg back off.
    that is the question !!!
  • novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 130
    Let's see how many unfinished dragoon fleet out there trying to finish of mere targets :) 
    No token? Nobody whose not a whaler had half-beaten good enough fleet.
    At least put token at the raid, kix. What the heck happened to ur brain?
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 878
    what a totally uninspiring raid prize list,    gonna be a very short lived event for me
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 878
    edited 11 Sep 2019, 6:48AM
    bladed pinion missile NOT in prize list that I can see;   intentional screw up or not

disregard; 
    these are limited drop shards so won't be getting them either
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 767
    Any chance of adding some Shrike upgrade tokens and kits ?  They seem to have been forgotten about as they were not in Pillage either.
  • NATO20
    NATO20
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 1
    prize list is stupid, sync drives should have been in the FM, another kixeye 'screw players first'

when the top 200 players coin all the time then it will be a case of when the rest drop out and not play.

then you won't have pretty much a game anymore. keep it up. pillage was probably the best place to put it.
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 290
    only interceptors being offered for hulls-wow anybody playing interceptors these days lol,nope another failed experiment.
  • evgenik2
    evgenik2
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1
    could you tell me please how many now raids in series of ?
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    evgenik2 said:
    could you tell me please how many now raids in series of ?

Two.  The way we're going it will soon be just one, with the Flag and tech released the day it starts.
This discussion has been closed.