RESISTANCES: Tactical Field, Slow, & Stun: What's the Difference?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,679
edited 27 Aug 2019, 5:55PM
What are the differences and similarities, or overlap, if any, between Tactical Field Resistance, Slow Resistance, and Stun Resistance, etc. 

EDIT (add): I want to understand primarily for the purpose of selecting what Specials to put on hulls.

• ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,449
    What are the differences and similarities, or overlap, if any, between Tactical Field Resistance, Slow Resistance, and Stun Resistance, etc. 
    Tactical Field: Produced by Ships or Structures. It can do various things. Cause a Ship to Slow down or speed up, Take Damage of some kind, or other things.

Slow: Reduces the Speed of Ships Affected. Slow Resistance makes it less effective. If you have 75% Slow Resistance, for example, the Slow Down would only be 25% of what it should be. In the real world. KixEye maths could work different.

Stun: Totally stops a Ship from moving or firing while Stunned. Stops a Turret from Firing. Again, Stun Resistance would decrease the duration of the effect. 
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Is there a slowing from a structure that is different than slowing caused by an Ice Field?

If so, does Tactical Resistance resist and/or Slow Resistance resist both?

• ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,449
    Is there a slowing from a structure that is different than slowing caused by an Ice Field?

If so, does Tactical Resistance resist and/or Slow Resistance resist both?
    The Ice Field would be a Tactical Field, I think? Structures can either do a Slow Debuff with a Weapon {which Slow Resistance would affect or with a Field created when the Structure is destroyed {Cryo Field}  which would need a Tactical Field Resistance,  I think. 

hard to give accurate info here sometimes. KixEye Rules are not always obvious or simple. 
  • Tatay Pinoy
    Tatay Pinoy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 111
    edited 28 Aug 2019, 4:55PM

EDIT (add): I want to understand primarily for the purpose of selecting what Specials to put on hulls.
    If you're refitting conquerors, save the special slot and use the TA armor and SL armor to gain the resistances you just mentioned but if you rather use a special then Shielded Circuitry is your all in one solution.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 12 Oct 2019, 12:44PM
    Tatay Pinoy said:   If you're refitting conquerors, save the special slot and use the TA armor and SL armor to gain the resistances you just mentioned but if you rather use a special then Shielded Circuitry is your all in one solution.

By Shielded Circuitry, do you mean Shielded Tac System III ?    (There are several specials with similar and partially overlapping names.)

Right now, I'm looking at finishing off the build on some Silverfish.    For armor, I'm looking at several other options.   

Interestingly, Shielded Tac System III is only a Tier 1.5 special, and Hydrofoil Tac Shield is a Tier 7 special.    But at Rank 8, with room to up-rank:

Special        Tier     Rank     Tac Field Resistance %       Slow Resistance %      Explosive Resistance
    STS III          1.5      8           40                                        58.5                              None
    HTS              7        N/A        40                                         50                                360

The much lower Tiered STSIII seems better than the Tier 7 option.    HTS does add 360 Explosive Resistance, but that is not that much; and it is a Limited, whereas STSIII is a no-cost blueprint.   They both add the same 9% to Total Weight.

I wonder if I'm missing something, or if the lowly tiered option is just as good or better?   
    And in general, are lower tiered specials sometimes better than the newer, higher tiered ones?

------------------
    AGILITY SYSTEM IV
    Then there's Agility System IV, a limited Tier 4.5 special, which at Rank 15 gives a lot more Slow and Stun Resistance (74.3%), and adds a very nice 49.5% Evade.      It gives up Tactical Field Resistance to only provide Stun; but since Fish are a Skirmish Fleet, and likely to go up against other ships rather than Buildings, would it be true that it won't run into Tactical Fields?

• Tatay Pinoy
    Tatay Pinoy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 111
    edited 13 Oct 2019, 8:15AM
    Tatay Pinoy said:   If you're refitting conquerors, save the special slot and use the TA armor and SL armor to gain the resistances you just mentioned but if you rather use a special then Shielded Circuitry is your all in one solution.

By Shielded Circuitry, do you mean Shielded Tac System III ?    (There are several specials with similar and partially overlapping names.)

Right now, I'm looking at finishing off the build on some Silverfish.    For armor, I'm looking at several other options.   

Interestingly, Shielded Tac System III is only a Tier 1.5 special, and Hydrofoil Tac Shield is a Tier 7 special.    But at Rank 8, with room to up-rank:

Special        Tier     Rank     Tac Field Resistance %       Slow Resistance %      Explosive Resistance
    STS III          1.5      8           40                                        58.5                              None
    HTS              7        N/A        40                                         50                                360

The much lower Tiered STSIII seems better than the Tier 7 option.    HTS does add 360 Explosive Resistance, but that is not that much; and it is a Limited, whereas STSIII is a no-cost blueprint.   They both add the same 9% to Total Weight.

I wonder if I'm missing something, or if the lowly tiered option is just as good or better?   
    And in general, are lower tiered specials sometimes better than the newer, higher tiered ones?

------------------
    AGILITY SYSTEM IV
    Then there's Agility System IV, a limited Tier 4.5 special, which at Rank 15 gives a lot more Slow and Stun Resistance (74.3%), and adds a very nice 49.5% Evade.      It gives up Tactical Field Resistance to only provide Stun; but since Fish are a Skirmish Fleet, and likely to go up against other ships rather than Buildings, would it be true that it won't run into Tactical Fields?
    I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

For Sliverfish Build

Use Hyper-30 Installation instead of Agility system.