How to have toxic-free discussions on this forum?

MajorAzhole
MajorAzhole
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,139
It would be great to have relevant discussions and suggestions about the game without all the "this game sucks etc etc" bs that pops up in so many threads.   Maybe there could be some kind of optional No Whiny Little B_tches mode we could implement at the start of a thread that would let everyone know this is an on-topic thread only.  Allow mods to delete all the irrelevant toxicity.  Kixeye might actually look at and consider those threads. 
Image may contain: 8 people, text
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,760
    careful, ideas like that will get you deemed a troll around these parts.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • CaptaiNHowdY55
    CaptaiNHowdY55
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 389

@MajorAzhole said:
    It would be great to have relevant discussions and suggestions about the game without all the "this game sucks etc etc" bs that pops up in so many threads.   Maybe there could be some kind of optional No Whiny Little B_tches mode we could implement at the start of a thread that would let everyone know this is an on-topic thread only.  Allow mods to delete all the irrelevant toxicity.  Kixeye might actually look at and consider those threads. 

What do you expect after all the greedy, incompetent, morally bankrupt BS Kixeye has done to the players over the years? Are we supposed to come here and pretend we're happy. As the saying goes, you reap what you sow.

• it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,946

@MajorAzhole said:

What do you expect after all the greedy, incompetent, morally bankrupt BS Kixeye has done to the players over the years? Are we supposed to come here and pretend we're happy. As the saying goes, you reap what you sow.

what exactly have they done to make you say these things? these are harsh accusations

keep in mind, just because they change a base, lengthen or shorten an event, set times on some single hit bases, does not make it a direct attack on the players (as you are insinuating)

• ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 490
    edited 11 Jun 2019, 9:30PM
    well all dedicated war commander players always have good idea like me namettag, majoras$@#$,adel,erwin and others. the truth its  many players only say toxic things that don´t help the game and that why many true war commander players moved to discord and discuss thier ideas and suggestions on the discord
  • JackBenton
    JackBenton
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2019 Posts: 5
    hi guys
  • Charles6744
    Charles6744
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,405
        No matter what the topic of the post is some player always has to ruin it.  They post on how the game is not running right.  So until game can run smoothly I don't see any topic from staying non-toxic.
  • Battle208
    Battle208
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 368
    People usually come to the Forum because they're frustrated with the game and this is a place they can let that frustration out lol 
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    edited 12 Jun 2019, 4:33PM

@MajorAzhole said:

THIS is exactly the type of post I am talking about in the OP.  
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,243
    Inherit the Wind ... but do you really want a forum with only hypocritical glorification?

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,760
    Inherit the Wind ... but do you really want a forum with only hypocritical glorification?
    no, his goal is a forum that goes beyond "kix sux" or "game sux"
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Luis Carlos
    Luis Carlos
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 265
    edited 12 Jun 2019, 6:14PM

@MajorAzhole said:

I am 100% f2p, I have been playing over the years(since hellstorm was a top unit till a bit after dante came out, then returned 3 months ago). There are hard parts in the game but nothing in this game screams greedy you can do everything as f2p(obviously p2p speeds up things). Play castle clash and you'll know what greedy game creators are.
    The 3 main problems I could have with this game is:
    -Bugs:Lancers mostly for me
    -Flash Player disconnections
    -Grind:Most bases are fine to grind but bases you have to do too many times is a bit of a pushover(omega bases mostly). Some like screamer base pose a challenge and doing it 8 times for scream seens fair to me. This part is a bit more subjective.

Other than that this game is actually a pretty nice game even through some times it feels grindy. I'd say the only thing the makers really need to focus more on is the bugs/disconnections
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader

@MajorAzhole said:

I am 100% f2p, I have been playing over the years(since hellstorm was a top unit till a bit after dante came out, then returned 3 months ago). There are hard parts in the game but nothing in this game screams greedy you can do everything as f2p(obviously p2p speeds up things). Play castle clash and you'll know what greedy game creators are.
    The 2 main problems I could have with this game is:
    -Bugs:Lancers mostly for me
    -Flash Player disconnections
    -Grind:Most bases are fine to grind but bases you have to do too many times is a bit of a pushover(omega bases mostly). Some like screamer base pose a challenge and doing it 8 times for scream seens fair to me. This part is a bit more subjective.

Other than that this game is actually a pretty nice game even through some times it feels grindy for the most parts. I'd say the only thing the makers really need to focus a more is the bugs/disconnections

Here is an example of well thought out constructive criticism.  
  • SnowStrike32
    SnowStrike32
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 221
    I'm also a f2p player and quite enjoy myself in the game. I know that I'm not going to get the very top most units and whatnot because I don't put in the time to grind them out. Elite is fine for me, I don't need omega, and that's my choice. Doesn't stop me having fun in the game. 

Biggest thing wrong with the game for me are the disconnects and flash crashes, which I hate, but I'm willing to put up with them because Kixeye, now under Stillfront, have said that they are actively working on moving the game to html5 which will fix a huge majority of such issues. Till then, have fun, put as much time as you want into the game, and keep reloading.