Lancers????

insideoutside
insideoutside
Incursion Leader
Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,024
Is there a plan to fix the broken runaway lancers or no? A simple yes or no is all we need to hear please.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Ok i guess this is just something else that will not be fixed and swept under the rug,right?Thanks for the prompt reply,once again.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    So i guess we are getting the silent treatment with this subject.Thanks a lot.This really paints a nice picture doesnt it.
  • jakedee
    jakedee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 92
    This is beyond a joke now, absolutely no control over these units as they wander aimlessly into enemy fire. And still no reply from Kix over a fix. 
    Either fix them,or remove them, a decent unit ruined by an inability, or unwillingness to fix. 
    It appears some things can be put right almost immediately if the will (financial gain/loss) suits Kix.
  • Senior Chief MTCS
    Senior Chief MTCS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 43
    Romero runs away also...
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    edited 17 May 2019, 2:09PM
    jakedee said:
    This is beyond a joke now, absolutely no control over these units as they wander aimlessly into enemy fire. And still no reply from Kix over a fix. 
    Either fix them,or remove them, a decent unit ruined by an inability, or unwillingness to fix. 
    It appears some things can be put right almost immediately if the will (financial gain/loss) suits Kix.
    I know it seems they have gotten worse since i asked for an explanation.I mean really, this so pathetic.And they wonder why players are leaving the game in droves.I appreciate your replies and concerns,but was really hoping to get a reply from a kix official.I know they have read this but still nothing.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Romero runs away also...
    Yes this a separate issue,funny how units that are very beneficial to us are always the ones that are affected by these so called bugs.
  • Senior Chief MTCS
    Senior Chief MTCS
    Potential Threat
    Romero runs away also...
    Yes this a separate issue,funny how units that are very beneficial to us are always the ones that are affected by these so called bugs.
    oh i know....just another example....Lancer are so bad at suiciding in attack toons i only use them in my base now....
  • Senior Chief MTCS
    Senior Chief MTCS
    Potential Threat
    what really needs to be fixed is when a toon catches a bullet the automatic response shouldnt be drive towards it till you die or kill it or both.... Not sure how many of Kixeye been in a gun fight but that is about the exact oppisite behavior you would expect....charging into an unknown combatant situation is just dumb....and suicidal.... 
  • Senior Chief MTCS
    Senior Chief MTCS
    Potential Threat
    was just attacking Main 6....and one min my ENova was charging inside the DS cloud to kill a bishop next next min jumps to middle of base all alone getting major damage :(
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    was just attacking Main 6....and one min my ENova was charging inside the DS cloud to kill a bishop next next min jumps to middle of base all alone getting major damage :(
    We dont stand a chance do we lol.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 173

@Senior Chief MTCS said:

That is a dsync issue and not a problem with the Nova

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • Biggredddog
    Biggredddog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 79
    Just came on to rant a bit about my Lancers  AGAIN !      Just had 4 of them randomly take off in 3 different directions in Main 11, as I was doing a separate part of the base.  Seriously Kix,  you need to fix these.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Adel-Tech said:

@Senior Chief MTCS said:

So whats the deal with the lancers?We arent going to get any explanations are we? If this is the case then be straight up with us,instead of ignoring us.And you wonder why you have so many as you guys like to call them (crybabies).Its real easy just be truthful and dont leave people hanging.It comes across as like they are trying to hide something.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 173

@insideoutside said:
    Adel-Tech said:

@Senior Chief MTCS said:

So whats the deal with the lancers?We arent going to get any explanations are we? If this is the case then be straight up with us,instead of ignoring us.And you wonder why you have so many as you guys like to call them (crybabies).Its real easy just be truthful and dont leave people hanging.It comes across as like they are trying to hide something.

The issue is clearly an AI issue due to the setup/tear down mechanic the lancer has and when it comes to AI stuff you can look at the boss base videos and see how we do them most of the time so I would say it will take a long time for the bug to get fixed

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,631
    edited 19 May 2019, 12:32PM
    Hello Commanders

The Lancers are a known issue and that they are not working as intended..  This may take a while to fix as so many players have different issues they have found or are describing the same issue multiple ways.  Please be patient as the Kixeye team works through the bugs and issues with the Lancers. 

Cybertoad [Moderator]

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • Ralgof
    Ralgof
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 111
    Here's an idea, maybe then STOP releasing new content (units) until ALL the current issues are fixed! Otherwise Kixeye is just wasting our time and getting themselves deeper into this hole that they currently find themselves! But then again, I don't think Kixeye understands the concept of QUALITY vs QUANTITY...

Lancers have so much potential, but are pretty much useless as they are by being so unpredictable and hard to control! Then this thing where units charge in the moment they take fire is utter nonsense, but we pretty much all know where that idea comes from. In the real world, nobody is going to run into the line of fire the moment they get hit, if anything they will retreat to a safer location. The only solution currently is to routinely put all units on hold when you don't want them to be potentially baited like this.
  • Yasu fumi
    Yasu fumi
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 51
    Dear Kixeye, you wont get a tim from me now on if you dont fix **** bug..... the lancer is just cause too much of damage and delay the game play, end attack restart.. again and again... still the fking same.. this is the only event i give up. GO PLAY YOUR OWN GAME.... stupid. 
    Yasu
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,713
    lancers, just like the caretaker, are not a 'set it, forget it' unit .... they need to be watched and cared for, with patience

I rarely have issues with them, when I take my time
  • DCFIREMAN
    DCFIREMAN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 827
    While they try to fix the Lancer... I HOPE they take a look at the BISHOP, just like the Lancer, it will stop moving and remain stuck when you have it with a platoon!! It ss by far one of the most frustrating things one can go through trying to get that unit to re-join your other units.  

The same with The CareTaker.... another frustrating unit to use with its 'wondering' mind of its own.... THIS GAME IS GOING DOWNHILL FAST!! While Kixeyes units work just perfectly....
  • Turbo11
    Turbo11
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 371
    CyberToad said:
    Hello Commanders

The Lancers are a known issue and that they are not working as intended..  This may take a while to fix as so many players have different issues they have found or are describing the same issue multiple ways.  Please be patient as the Kixeye team works through the bugs and issues with the Lancers. 

Cybertoad [Moderator]
    these have been like this since release,,,,,,,,,,,,,,say again since release,,,,,,,,,,
    so we can expect no fix as they,ll be out of date way before that !!!!!
  • ssaine72
    ssaine72
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 13
    Here is the problem with Lancers:
    strong DPS with 630 range (with workshop)

I believe that Kixeye realized that this was a mistake and screwed the unit, by setup before attack and after attack, trust me they will never fix this unit when it comes to behavior, wondered why many players had crashes when deploying lancers!!.

just like Jericho (R) HH-2 targeting Tech, they dont release (R) anymore, just the (U) version to cap the range.