What does the small silver drone flying behind Leonard do?

MajorAzhole
MajorAzhole
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,140
edited 19 Apr 2019, 6:00AM
It just seems to follow him and turn around back and forth a lot.  No shots fired. No indication of some kind of targeting like a Bishop shows.  Is it just there getting good combat footage? lol
Image may contain: 8 people, text
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,072
    LOL ..... I was thinking the same thing ... a gopro maybe?
  • Charles6744
    Charles6744
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,411
      It is an aerial drone.  Leonard spawns both ground and air drones. 
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,072
      It is an aerial drone.  Leonard spawns both ground and air drones. 
    yes, this is true, but if you look closely, there is one, that is flying, but different from the other flying drones, and it is in the artwork for him as well
  • Luis Carlos
    Luis Carlos
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 374
    2 cool options, maybe it absorbs damage of Leonard(like a caretaker) or possibly it just sticks close him meaning if anything comes from behind it will still target it instead of the leonard
  • DisclosedBarrel
    DisclosedBarrel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 506
    The only benefit I see is that if tehre are any agressive anti air they will come out. Normally something like a Hades wouldn't do anything to a Cerberus but with Leon they will come out to to play and die.
    Please be silent as we reflect upon our company motto. Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power. Power is LIFE
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 265

This drone according to storm chaser is a drone controller which explains Leonard not having a backpack like his fellow Cerberuses so destroying it might cripple his protection capabilities, I didn’t test this yet because my go go bar isn’t maxed so if anyone can test and say that would be appreciated

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before