Suggestion for new base module, Jump-Gate

DARKHUNNTER
DARKHUNNTER
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 46
edited 17 Apr 2019, 12:41AM
Not everyone has a luxury to own an jump-ship like Javelin, very useful ship especially for farming. Some event fleets are way too fast and hard to catch, and this is exactly where jump ship would be very useful. Also not to mention the fact jump-ships show up rarely. I wont even try to suggest to introduce Javelin or any other jump ship again, since I am ready to bet its going to be in vain.

Instead, I will try to suggest something different, that will tremendously help players who do not own a jump ship.

My solution would be to introduce the new base module, Jump-gate, module that uses most advance, state of the art technology allowing fleets of certain mass to jump anywhere in the sector from the base. However, jump is only one way and fleet has to make its own way back to the base.

Jump gate would have a mass limit, dictating how many ships can pass in one go. Each new level of jump gate would increase the maximum mass that can go through the jump gate in one go.

Also, since module like that would require tremendous amount of energy, it would require antimatter and He3 for each jump to operate. The price of a jump would be calculated based on ship mass going through, the distance from the base and the jump gate level. Higher the level of a jump gate, more energy it needs to operate therefore increase in the price of operating the module.

I really think something like this would be very useful for everyone, especially for those who do not have a jump ship. Also, since using the jump gate costs, and it has to cost aLoT, it is unlikely that people who already have a jump ship will use this module.

One more downside of such module would be huge collateral damage upon destruction, further discouraging people with jump ships to even have such module.

Like i said, this module would be mostly for low and mid lvl players, before they can afford their own jump ship.

• Phantom Hunter
    Phantom Hunter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 17

Not sure if you are aware of this, but we currently have 3 available flagships that jump. The javelin, the Prophet Flagship, and the Harvester. The harvester was available in two main events and the prophet is available every alliance war

• Mezotis
    Mezotis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 166
    He does have a point though.  Although the Harvester was offered for 2 main events, some players dont have the fleets required to get 15 mill points (ie. low-mid lvl players)  Same thing with the Prophet.  Not everybody can participate in these events and get the points required.  And yes, you can research the javelin with the workshop now, it crafting times are ridiculously high. (Plus you need a pattern just to get an mk 1 and im not sure if those are still offered.)  
    BLOOD RAVEN SPACE MARINES!!!!!!!!
    Image result for blood ravens
  • cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 255
    Mezotis said:
    He does have a point though.  Although the Harvester was offered for 2 main events, some players dont have the fleets required to get 15 mill points (ie. low-mid lvl players)  Same thing with the Prophet.  Not everybody can participate in these events and get the points required.  And yes, you can research the javelin with the workshop now, it crafting times are ridiculously high. (Plus you need a pattern just to get an mk 1 and im not sure if those are still offered.)  

the pattern was only collected via a javelin crafting box.

the prophet isn't a stretch for farming an entire alliance war for a mid level player.  in fact, its a lower intel cost than the javelin was each of the times it was offered (three that I can think of to date).

what would be better, is if the jump drives weren't locked to faction, which would allow more players with prophets to use them similar to javelins, and it would then become a player based decision:  quick jump times in sector, or ability to traverse sectors on a long jump time.

having all three, I find the harvester is more useful than the prophet for farming due to its short jump warmup/cooldown in sector.  prophet is better for main events getting fleets to the pve spawn points and my javelin rarely gets used anymore, and only gets called into use when one of the others is down for repairs.
  • Phantom Hunter
    Phantom Hunter
    Greenhorn

From my experience, the prophet doesn't require an alliance or captain permit. I'm not sure about the harvester, I don't use mine for jumps that much.

• Phantom Hunter
    Phantom Hunter
    Greenhorn

@Mezotis said:

I can agree with this.

• cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 255

From my experience, the prophet doesn't require an alliance or captain permit. I'm not sure about the harvester, I don't use mine for jumps that much.

only one that requires a permit is the javelin.  that's because its sector level icon is 3 dimensional and not 2-d like the harvester or prophet, so they wanted to limit how many could be flying around at once.
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 271
    I still want the Javelin to make a comeback.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,509

The Harvester does not require an Alliance/a Captain's Permit.
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• LeonardoW9
    LeonardoW9
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2019 Posts: 5
    Also bare in mind the prophet has lvl 70 minimum
  • Phantom Hunter
    Phantom Hunter
    Greenhorn

@LeonardoW9 said:
    Also bare in mind the prophet has lvl 70 minimum

This is true, almost forgot that. I don't think the harvester has a lvl minimum, does it? I don't remember it having one, but I use my prophet most of the time.

• VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 271
    It does not, which is one of the many features that makes it a better cargo hauler. 
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,679
    the javalin needs drastic build and research reductions and the limit increased lol, are the players who dont have it awayre of how long before its even functional?
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • DARKHUNNTER
    DARKHUNNTER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 46
    Ok first of all, ty to all of you for sharing your comments and feedback :)

Second of all, I would like to kindly ask all of you to stick to the topic. The topic here is to discuss whether or not such module would be useful, not a jump ship discussion topic :smile: 

Also since I see this topic got quite a bit of attention, is there anyway for a CM to give us his feedback? Would the game development team even consider such an idea? If the game team has not intention to take this idea into consideration, than all of us are just wasting time here and the topic can be locked in that case.

Again, ty to all of you for your comments :)

See you all in space
    o/