How to fix VXP in a fair way

BuckMeatmissile
BuckMeatmissile
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 106
First off, tack 2 or 3 zeroes onto the end of all existing VXP and tokens, as well as the XP levels needed to level up so you have room for different levels of points awarded.

Starting with the tiniest ships, such as lvl 1 cargo, make each ship killed worth 1pt. The bigger the ship killed, the more points. 

Next, ACTUALLY MAKE KILLING LAND BASED TARGETS WORTH SOMETHING. Same with ships, scale it depending on threat level.

To address the issue of people suiciding zombie fleets to collect death VXP, that will need reworking as well. Make every 1000 or so POTENTIAL damage worth 1 pt. This should apply whether or not the damage was taken, evaded, reduced by Survival, or Countermeasured. Additionally, if the ship counters damage intended for another ship, the ship firing the countermeasure should get the XP for that damage.  These changes would alleviate the suicide payoff and properly reward support ships such as tanks and countermeasure support ships for contributing to the battle. 

I believe this would reward players more for participating in higher stakes battles to gain VXP.

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,496
    Are you saying you want ships to earn VXP when they cause damage, and not just when they take damage?

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 106
    LOL, yeah.  Now that i think about it, the VXP formula for damage received can be used for damage dealt as well, that way it doesn't matter which ship delivers the kill shot, it will be the damage it deals that counts.  The caveat there being the VXP award would have to be based on actual HP removed from the target so blow through damage of weakened ships doesn't award extra VXP

• Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 249
    edited 3 May 2019, 4:49PM
    BuckMeatmissile said:  How to fix VXP in a fair way
    WHAT?
    How about just have it working again.
    Anything new causes more issues than solutions.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,496
    Alexa the BAE said:  How about just have it working again.
    How is it supposed to work?

What about it is not working right?