Holdouts are my absolute favorite mini events in WC. they're challenging, rewarding, and have no limits to what you can do and what you can get.
In this post I'm not going to talk about the event itself or how to improve it, but I will add a few suggestions about one of its cool features, Logistics. Notes:
♦ Just to be clear from the start, I'm not asking for a logistics surge or anything that would break the economy of the game.. all I hope to see is new ways to get them, while keeping the rarity and drop rates at reasonable levels.
♦ All numbers, percentages, and limits of the types listed below are just an example.. KIX can adjust them as they see fit.
We currently have 1 type of logistics (Faction & Unit Repair), which can only be obtained from Holdout events & special offers. Suggestion #1 Make some of the logistics part of the loyalty rewards for faction allies
. So, for example if you're a Corpus player, you have a chance to get a random logistic token related to your Corpus faction every week on Medals payout day.Repair All
should be super rare, as it's possible to repair all omega units in one platoon.Suggestion #2 New logistics to speed up faction upgrades
Similar to repair logistics, these will accelerate the upgrade progress of faction units by a standard +25% in addition to other bonuses to unit types depending on their faction's specialty.
• You can't use more than 2 logistics per level. and the reduction is based on the current upgrade time on screen (if you've already started the upgrade)
• To take full advantage of these logistics, use them on true uniques during their highest upgrade time (Omega levels)
• These logistics should be hard to find and only drop from the toughest of bases. Holdout events and Boss chests should have a good chance to drop them, while weekly PvP payouts have a small chance to drop one related to your current faction and a very slim chance to drop one related to the other 2 factions. Suggestion #3 New logistics to speed up Production & Construction:
Advanced Production works on any unit and can accelerate the process by a standard +30% in addition to a bonus of +10% for units of your current faction. Advanced Construction
This one accelerates building upgrades (now you have one and a half Dozer
• Rare drop rate with a high chance to get as an End-of-Season reward
• Best used on major upgrades like Command Center and Tech Center. (can save daaays!!)Questions:
• Are you guys satisfied about the current inventory limit of 6 slots?
• Which unit-repair logistics do you keep \ scrap?
• What kind of logistics do you like to see added to the game?
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.