What kind of logistics do you want to see in future Holdouts?

MX36
MX36
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,252
Hello everyone!
Holdouts are my absolute favorite mini events in WC. they're challenging, rewarding, and have no limits to what you can do and what you can get.
In this post I'm not going to talk about the event itself or how to improve it, but I will add a few suggestions about one of its cool features, Logistics.   

Notes:
♦ Just to be clear from the start, I'm not asking for a logistics surge or anything that would break the economy of the game.. all I hope to see is new ways to get them, while keeping the rarity and drop rates at reasonable levels.  ;)
♦ All numbers, percentages, and limits of the types listed below are just an example.. KIX can adjust them as they see fit.

We currently have 1 type of logistics (Faction & Unit Repair), which can only be obtained from Holdout events & special offers. 
Suggestion #1 Make some of the logistics part of the loyalty rewards for faction allies. So, for example if you're a Corpus player, you have a chance to get a random logistic token related to your Corpus faction every week on Medals payout day.

Repair All should be super rare, as it's possible to repair all omega units in one platoon.

Suggestion #2  New logistics to speed up faction upgrades
Similar to repair logistics, these will accelerate the upgrade progress of faction units by a standard +25% in addition to other bonuses to unit types depending on their faction's specialty.

• You can't use more than 2 logistics per level. and the reduction is based on the current upgrade time on screen (if you've already started the upgrade)

• To take full advantage of these logistics, use them on true uniques during their highest upgrade time (Omega levels)

• These logistics should be hard to find and only drop from the toughest of bases. Holdout events and Boss chests should have a good chance to drop them, while weekly PvP payouts have a small chance to drop one related to your current faction and a very slim chance to drop one related to the other 2 factions. 

Suggestion #3 New logistics to speed up Production & Construction:
Advanced Production works on any unit and can accelerate the process by a standard +30% in addition to a bonus of +10% for units of your current faction. 

Advanced Construction
This one accelerates building upgrades (now you have one and a half Dozer :D
• Rare drop rate with a high chance to get as an End-of-Season reward
• Best used on major upgrades like Command Center and Tech Center. (can save daaays!!)

Questions:
• Are you guys satisfied about the current inventory limit of 6 slots?
• Which unit-repair logistics do you keep \ scrap?
• What kind of logistics do you like to see added to the game?
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,938
    Standard should be Corpus/Survivors/Sentinels repair platoon.
    Rare should be repair any platoon. 
    The other should be eliminated because they're redundant - if I want to repair my Romero I can use a Survivors repair.
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,407
    i always wanted a repair reduction over all on a system like this but the more rare ones boasts them by 35% while the weaker ones can do 10 -15 %  but a heavy advance one could be it completes what ever your base is building upgrading  production ect all at once but these can only be given in a super hard event like a boss rush hold out or something  once every 4-6 months so it won't be freely given to everybody and abused  if this was more of a high tech game i would also put in a alincne logistic set as well that can not be turned off but only 1 active at any one time so it wont be so broken also it will be some what weaker then the single player ones that you have mentioned  so it gives meaning to be in a alliance even more and if the alliance was disbanded you lose all your  logistics you have gained over  the years ( now some things may be needed to be put into place incase the leader and a lot of the officers wanted to quit or was banned for what ever reason accounts lost ect )   now how you would earn these is in a raid event where you need a good chunk of your alliance to take part in like 10 or so ( it can be less but 10 will help ) and  you try to meet score quotas  by killing bases the harder the base the higher your points this way if a lower account wants to take part they can still help you could go nuts with this idea if you want but its just an idea 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,744
    MX36 said:
    Advanced Construction
    • Best used on major upgrades like Command Center and Tech Center. (can save daaays!!)

Questions:
    1-
    6 is an ok amount, though holdouts are fairly thin in the year so it would be nice if we could store more [maybe 12]
    or at the least make some secondary way to obtain them

2-
    I agree with @FBHO that the specific unit repairs should be scrapped from redundancy 

3-
    the advanced construction logistic in your post seems like it would be a nice addition.

im not sure if its possible with a code but a logistic that acts as a combat modifier for that platoon might also be neat [like special ops but for that specific platoon instead of an army wide effect]
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,934
    You always offer decent ideas, and never Cry posts

but this one, is the cream on top ...... well thought out, fancy graphics, and more

I am impressed, and Thank you for your thoughts and work on this

/me *tips his hat to you*
  • DisclosedBarrel
    DisclosedBarrel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 505
    I was thinking incresing the capacity and adding common, uncommon and rare logistics.

There could be one for EVERY SINGLE unit. Repair all Spartan ZKs, all detonators and all Purifiers. Even the air. (Common)
    Then there could be one for all Gen 1,2 and 3 for Survivors, Corpus and Sentinel. (Uncommon)
    Then something for rares.

There is room for many applications. I wouldn't mind one for Spartans or Phalanxes myself.

Please be silent as we reflect upon our company motto. Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power. Power is LIFE
  • dumbldor
    dumbldor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 786

Remove glitches logistic

• insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    How about ones that actually work.Lost a repair toon logistics a while back.Tried to redeem it on a plat,took the logistic and no repair was made.I tried to get comped for it but didnt happen.Things like this always make your day dont they.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    FBHO said:
    The other should be eliminated because they're redundant - if I want to repair my Romero I can use a Survivors repair.
    I completely agree with this point. also, tokens for units that are not used frequently or in large numbers like Bishop and Cerberus were as waste of space.

drag0nsun said:
     i would also put in a alliance logistic set as well that can not be turned off but only 1 active at any one time so it wont be so broken also it will be some what weaker then the single player ones that you have mentioned  so it gives meaning to be in a alliance even more 
    Interesting! if you were to create a new alliance logistic, what benefits would you add?
    drag0nsun said:
    now how you would earn these is in a raid event where you need a good chunk of your alliance to take part in like 10 or so (it can be less but 10 will help) and  you try to meet score quotas  by killing bases the harder the base the higher your points this way if a lower account wants to take part they can still help you could go nuts with this idea if you want but its just an idea 
    Could that be classified as a permanent War Effort type of boosts?
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    1-
    6 is an ok amount, though holdouts are fairly thin in the year so it would be nice if we could store more [maybe 12]
    Yeah, I was thinking 9 ~ 12 like the spec op inventory..at least there will be enough space to store some of the unit-specific tokens (if they're still available)
    nametagg0 said:
    im not sure if its possible with a code but a logistic that acts as a combat modifier for that platoon might also be neat [like special ops but for that specific platoon instead of an army wide effect]
    I'd like to know more about that.. could you post some details about the possible perks and how they work? :smiley:
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    You always offer decent ideas, and never Cry posts
    but this one, is the cream on top ...... well thought out, fancy graphics, and more
    I am impressed, and Thank you for your thoughts and work on this

/me *tips his hat to you*
    Thanks for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it :blush: 
  • skachtje
    skachtje
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 7
    im happy with all and yes its awsome this mini event but its kinda crappy you can earn only 6 logistics at least it should be 10 or more ,just the same like medals only 1 mil why not unlimited 
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    I was thinking incresing the capacity and adding common, uncommon and rare logistics.

There could be one for EVERY SINGLE unit. Repair all Spartan ZKs, all detonators and all Purifiers. Even the air. (Common)
    How about adding the common & unit-specific ones as a rare drop to faction unit bases?
    So when you attack a Phalanx base for example, there's a small chance to get a Phalanx Repair token instead of tech :|
    That way, Holdouts & boss caches won't clutter your inventory with common ones, and you only get them when you attack their specific bases.

dumbldor said:

Remove glitches logistic

Class: impossible  :D

How about ones that actually work.Lost a repair toon logistics a while back.Tried to redeem it on a plat,took the logistic and no repair was made.I tried to get comped for it but didnt happen.Things like this always make your day dont they.
    That worries me every time I use logistics.. is that bug still happening? 
    Try to take a screenshot before\after using the important ones.. just in case something goes wrong
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,407
    MX36 said:

drag0nsun said:
     i would also put in a alliance logistic set as well that can not be turned off but only 1 active at any one time so it wont be so broken also it will be some what weaker then the single player ones that you have mentioned  so it gives meaning to be in a alliance even more 
    Interesting! if you were to create a new alliance logistic, what benefits would you add?
    drag0nsun said:
    now how you would earn these is in a raid event where you need a good chunk of your alliance to take part in like 10 or so (it can be less but 10 will help) and  you try to meet score quotas  by killing bases the harder the base the higher your points this way if a lower account wants to take part they can still help you could go nuts with this idea if you want but its just an idea 
    Could that be classified as a permanent War Effort type of boosts?
    ill start with the 2ed question yes you could say that but much weaker then the other logicgistic bonuses you  even i suggested  to put in place ( atm ) witch leads to  the number 1 question

repair building speed ( overall ) stronger turrets units the basics but you could put in a faster movement speed on the world map get faster reso gathering both from your production and from depos ( need to add something to them )   or a bonus to reso theft from bases 1 for basic metal and oil and the 1 for thor and it stacks if they use other means like a personal logistics but these go could go from 2-3 % to about 10 %  

but now that i think about it this could work well with an older idea you could earn more then 1 active bonus no more then 3-5 like we have now ( with the 12 hour 1s )  and how you do this is rank up your alliance by earning pvp points or honor points ( not permanent ) the raid points to unlock these in the first place  ( permanent until the ailince gets disbanded )  and how many active members you have ( they need to log in once a month at lest and will be auto kicked if not )    so it can make it more interesting overall if this gets added ( iam betting it wont but it could be fun for another game or when this one gets upgraded)  
  • AzertWarrior
    AzertWarrior
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 33

Very Nice ideas i would like to see them in-game also increasing the slots would be great and maybe add more specific unit logistics

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,744

@MX36 said:
    nametagg0 said:

1-

Yeah, I was thinking 9 ~ 12 like the spec op inventory..at least there will be enough space to store some of the unit-specific tokens (if they're still available) nametagg0 said:

I'd like to know more about that.. could you post some details about the possible perks and how they work? :smiley:

Most likely would be small things like the platoon having 1 or 2 more chances to fail missions before moral kicks in or a higher resistance to a certain damage type in the next attack.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • KT-1spot
    KT-1spot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 170
    2 think wrong with kixeye 1. they dont offer nothing to big lvl with max base,if my base is max way they dont give me offer to lvl my omega nova on hold out,sure make the base extreme hard....2. kixeye doing wrong with low lvl players offer by making lot of base 1 hit so high lvl cant help grow up low lvl,also to build unit for low lvl is way to much thor 
  • KT-1spot
    KT-1spot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 170
    MX36 said:
    Hello everyone!
    Holdouts are my absolute favorite mini events in WC. they're challenging, rewarding, and have no limits to what you can do and what you can get.
    In this post I'm not going to talk about the event itself or how to improve it, but I will add a few suggestions about one of its cool features, Logistics.   

Notes:
    ♦ Just to be clear from the start, I'm not asking for a logistics surge or anything that would break the economy of the game.. all I hope to see is new ways to get them, while keeping the rarity and drop rates at reasonable levels.  ;)
    ♦ All numbers, percentages, and limits of the types listed below are just an example.. KIX can adjust them as they see fit.

We currently have 1 type of logistics (Faction & Unit Repair), which can only be obtained from Holdout events & special offers. 
    Suggestion #1 Make some of the logistics part of the loyalty rewards for faction allies. So, for example if you're a Corpus player, you have a chance to get a random logistic token related to your Corpus faction every week on Medals payout day.

Repair All should be super rare, as it's possible to repair all omega units in one platoon.

Suggestion #2  New logistics to speed up faction upgrades
    Similar to repair logistics, these will accelerate the upgrade progress of faction units by a standard +25% in addition to other bonuses to unit types depending on their faction's specialty.

• You can't use more than 2 logistics per level. and the reduction is based on the current upgrade time on screen (if you've already started the upgrade)

• To take full advantage of these logistics, use them on true uniques during their highest upgrade time (Omega levels)

• These logistics should be hard to find and only drop from the toughest of bases. Holdout events and Boss chests should have a good chance to drop them, while weekly PvP payouts have a small chance to drop one related to your current faction and a very slim chance to drop one related to the other 2 factions. 

Suggestion #3 New logistics to speed up Production & Construction:
    Advanced Production works on any unit and can accelerate the process by a standard +30% in addition to a bonus of +10% for units of your current faction. 

Advanced Construction

Questions:
    all this offers on holdout is that mean we can get % off on gold upgrade also? or just by time