Unlock Cyclotron & Hammer Missile to Dreadnoughts

cderalow
cderalow
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 242
So now that we've got another T7 carrier coming out, with another non-squadron carrier weapon, why are we still unable to add those weapons to the dreadnoughts?

you can use drones or squads on them. 

the range and DPS of the carrier weapons is comparable to drones.

what gives?

personally i'd rather have cyclotron on a behemoth or segfault than a drone.

Keep them locked to T7 and it should be a non-issue.
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 393
    Because Dreadnought have already ....  his Weapon Slot ....
    Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 266

They have 5 to 8 weapons, 2 to 4 squadrons, 3x the dps of all of that, more armor than an entire fleet, and can rush into anything without problem, and you still think you need cyclotron or hammer on them?

• Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 393
    edited 11 Apr 2019, 8:37PM
    He need the HYPABEAMLAZAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    20.000DPS/SEC of PURE BRUTAL PHASED LIGHT DAMAGE !!!
    AT 299.792.458 m/s Speed ! (Last Thing You See is the Zero of the Contdown.....)

Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 926
    edited 12 Apr 2019, 7:45AM
    fatcoiner said:

They have 5 to 8 weapons, 2 to 4 squadrons, 3x the dps of all of that, more armor than an entire fleet, and can rush into anything without problem, and you still think you need cyclotron or hammer on them?

Why not? What's wrong with ships we spend a metric #&%$ ton of time farming for being a bit OP? You realize they can only PvP each other, so this would just make farming a bit easier, right? I don't really see why people complain about buffing Dreadnought; seriously, what's the downside?
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    fatcoiner said:

my point was more about why are they limiting the squadron slots to just drones or squads?

why not allow any weapon that can be equipped to a squadron slot be allotted into it?

including the ill fated mercury beam.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,587

Drones can be shot down; weapons cannot. I do not want to see segfaults infinitely kiting and destroying every other ship in the game (harvesters can't fit T7 carrier weapons).

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,432
    I don't think we need Cyclotron Behemoths, especially with the Increased Damage modifier on the Behemoth itself...
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    I don't think we need Cyclotron Behemoths, especially with the Increased Damage modifier on the Behemoth itself...
    the thing is, at the top end, it's not that much of a dps increase over the drones.

Yes you can't shoot the weapon down, nor can you dodge the beam, but if you kept the faction tech locked, you'd actually be right on track for the same as the drone dps at level 2 cyclotron, and youd be sacrificing range compared to the usual builds.

it doesnt seem unreasonable to me.

cyclotron beam:
    range 0-8000m
    dps 600-722

hammer missile:
    range 2500-8000m
    dps 618-743

fury drone:
    range 0-9000m
    dps 569-683

bluetail:
    range 0-9000m
    dps 493-592

redhawk:
    range 0-8500m
    dps 519-623

yellowjacket:
    range 0-8000m
    dps 536-644

nightingale:
    range 0-9000m
    dps 569-683
  • ironspam
    ironspam
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 113
    Also, release Cyclotron turrets. Nova Cannon turrets, Nova Missile turrets, and Ablative Plates for bases.  By my reckoning, the latest tech available for base defense is the Altairian Sai missile turret, which cannot hold a candle to the destructive power that an attacker can bring from the Umbra and Pharmakon tiers. 

To Kixeye: What is the time table for releasing Umbra and Pharmakon technology for bases?  Is there even a plan?
  • Ka Dosh
    Ka Dosh
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 33

Dear Ironspam: we never will see a weapon for bases that could attack and defend them, nor plates, nor shields nor nothing! Bases are abandoned because nobody cares about them. The medals concept is useless except you want your name in a planet... And trust on me! That's an horrible experience you don't want to have! Especially when you have a base nobody can defeat successfully.

Recently, I've posted something related to your issue for the last recent event. Some people instead of raise their hands in favor of help the low/medium players attacked my petition. I felt like I was the main character in that Ibsen's famous work: An Enemy of the People...

• Harry Dresden
    Harry Dresden
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 258

Before thats done...can we get a nerf? Make it useless. Kixeye style

• Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 367

Before thats done...can we get a nerf? Make it useless. Kixeye style

First we need to know which hull is your second favorite LOL

Back to sniffing tears! Cry down like a river uuwwiieeeeeeeeeee!
    Immagine correlata
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    ironspam said:
    Also, release Cyclotron turrets. Nova Cannon turrets, Nova Missile turrets, and Ablative Plates for bases.  By my reckoning, the latest tech available for base defense is the Altairian Sai missile turret, which cannot hold a candle to the destructive power that an attacker can bring from the Umbra and Pharmakon tiers. 

To Kixeye: What is the time table for releasing Umbra and Pharmakon technology for bases?  Is there even a plan?
    New Base Tech will probably only be added after the base revamp...

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Why not? Seriously, high level Dreadnoughts can only attack other Dreadnoughts, so what's the harm in giving access to these weapons when all the ships that the Dreadnoughts will be fighting will have access to them too?
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 367
    Why not? Seriously, high level Dreadnoughts can only attack other Dreadnoughts, so what's the harm in giving access to these weapons when all the ships that the Dreadnoughts will be fighting will have access to them too?
    He has a point.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    If you think about it, people can leave their Dreadnoughts un-upgraded/at mk1 and fit in Cyclotron Beam, whilst staying within player fleet-attackable range.

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    If you think about it, people can leave their Dreadnoughts un-upgraded/at mk1 and fit in Cyclotron Beam, whilst staying within player fleet-attackable range.
    Behemoth only gets a Squadron slot at Mk4, which empty is level 120, and the Segfault will have trouble effectively using a Cyclotron beam because phasing will disrupt the firing cycle. And 1 Cyclotron beam isn't going to do that much.