FLASH PLAYER PHASING OUT BY 2020, By Matter of Fact already disbaled by default for War Commander.

rockvocli
rockvocli
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1
War Commander - Kiyexe have been enabling a FLASH PLUGIN for FLASH disabled instances on WAR COMMANDER.

Recently, we have seen also this Plugin disabled.

For a Low Stress Level, accesable Wargame,  War Ciommander now sees itself blocked from Wargamers Platform by GOOGLES' decision to Phase out
FLASH PLAYER.

Waiting for Generalised Open Web Sourcing is just ANEW loosing TONS of Wargamers by the inoperability of War Commander Online.

We, proactrive War Commander Wargamers urgently need a consistent solution by KIYEXE, NOT some kind of SoftwareSweetie like theIn

Flash Plugin Link provided with by KIYEXE Platform.

Basically, it comes down to  balancing and aligning IT Solutions Divison to a Re - implementation strategy of KIYEXE WARGAMES ONLINE to

Effectuate a Realistic Public PR and Online Outlook Management.

Kind Regards,

Peter Donné, Donnea en Conings, rrn 66072501390,
US, EUR ARMY Counter Espionage Service Etld Connection.

and Wargamer Vet,

• THE_RAYMAN
    THE_RAYMAN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 37
    Just curious, is Kixeye's flash player plugin literally a shortcut to WC and other kixeye games? I see no difference when playing WC with and without the plugin. I still get flashplayer crashes either way. 
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,605
    wait, what?

/me just stares

so ... basically, you are writing that you want to see some info on the progress to another platform?

or have I read this several times and still not understand?
  • Powerful man
    Powerful man
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 16
    Flash player/plugin works just fine for me...with the odd crash here and there. The rest of what you have posted does not really make much sense to me. Actually it makes no sense to me.  :/
  • Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1,165

War Commander is confirmed to be ported to HTML5 soon, if that is what you seek..

Porting is expected to end in early 2020, info is confirmed by WC's Lead Engineer, Friend Fixer.

@THE_RAYMAN said:
    Just curious, is Kixeye's flash player plugin literally a shortcut to WC and other kixeye games? I see no difference when playing WC with and without the plugin. I still get flashplayer crashes either way. 

Flash Player is the game engine used to run War Commander. Flash is horribly outdated and unstable, excluding the fact that WC sometimes pushes the engine to the max, leading to crashes.

• Lord of Cinder
    Lord of Cinder
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 18
    I would definitely love to hear something concrete about the future of WC, other than "it will be ported to HTML5 soon, they are working on it".   It seems fishy to me to wait until early 2020, that's when flash will end, so why wait until the very last minute to make a change? 
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,605
    support for flash will continue until the End of 2020, yes Chrome has added a block to flash that the addon helps with, also note that Chrome has their own versions of Flash, and I have net read about them stopping it, at least not yet

converting a simple video stream to the html5 type format is easy enough, but for a Robust, interactive game like WC, many many things need to be done, it is not just a simple switch, games like WC use all kinds of different 'program languages', database connections, authorizations, realtime interaction, that standard html5 video does not need to use

we still have a year and a half to go, before we should be 'concerned' , and even then, it will not be a dire as many think it will be, flash will still exist, it will not just disappear from the internet, it will linger for a very long time

have patience
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 850
    I would definitely love to hear something concrete about the future of WC, other than "it will be ported to HTML5 soon, they are working on it".   It seems fishy to me to wait until early 2020, that's when flash will end, so why wait until the very last minute to make a change? 
    Yes its almost like they are stringing us along doesnt it.I guess time will tell right.Until then i will invest no more money in the game thats for sure.
  • Essayon
    Essayon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,245

the problem with flash is adobe is discontinuing support for their product. every month there is a security update, and that will stop. this means if the game is still using flash at that time, it will be completely on the company's' shoulders to keep the flash itself in the game secure as well. honestly, if it will save kix time, just scrap the legacy units and broken buildings(like merc camp) and they could be redesigned and reintroduced in events. kix invented this kind of game so I can imagine how hard it will be to convert/port. I really would like to see a thread from them where we could interaqct and offer suggestions on what to keep/chuck, etc.

Yes its almost like they are stringing us along doesnt it.I guess time will tell right.Until then i will invest no more money in the game thats for sure.
    That's why I've said before, I think it's important to separate. it think the devs are doing a bang-up job of producing a fun, balanced experience, but if they get told to do(or not do) something by the ceo then they don't have a choice in the matter. the core code is like 20 years old and was modified almost 10 years ago to work in flash player, and oh yeah, kix also invented the whole "live battle" in internet explorer concept. on top of that, they have been adding on more stuff continually for years. I'm no programmer, but figuring out how to convert all that sounds like an absolute, literal hair-pulling nightmare. all we can do while we wait is attempt to be constructive and give them suggestions for what features we are willing to do without vs what stuff we need.