[UPDATED] Extra Note on March CM Diary

Cyrus Leung
Cyrus Leung
VC Mod
Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,602
edited 11 Apr 2019, 12:23PM

Here is a clarification from @DevLeonis :

Note that the changes to ship resistance also apply to Oligarchs - the red Altairian counterparts exclusive to NPCs - that came before the Renascence Battlecruiser.

EDIT: Only Nebula resistances have been applied, not normal damage resistance.

Update Hull Resistances
Previous hulls released in the RPS cycle currently have inconsistent resistances for Alien, Blight, and Plasma damage types. In an effort to keep hull resistances consistent in the RPS cycle, the following damage types will be applied universally to Altairian, Umbra, and Pharmakon hulls.

Altairian = Alien, Alien Nebula, Plasma, Plasma Nebula
Oligarch (except Renascence) = Alien Nebula, Plasma Nebula
Umbra = Blight, Blight Nebula, Alien, Alien Nebula
Pharmakon = Plasma, Plasma Nebula, Blight, Blight Nebula

The full breakdown of the Ships and Resistances can be found below:

Oligarch

Name

Faction Resist

RPS Resist

Sovereign Carrier

Alien Nebula

Plasma Nebula

Bastion Cruiser

Alien Nebula

Plasma Nebula

Cavalier Cutter

Alien Nebula

Plasma Nebula

Paragon Battleship

Alien Nebula

Plasma Nebula

Inquisitor Destroyer

Alien Nebula

Plasma Nebula

Renascence Battlecruiser

Alien/Alien Nebula

Plasma/Plasma Nebula

• fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 292

So oligarchs will have alien resist?

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,679
    wut?is this about
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,602
    edited 6 Apr 2019, 12:42PM
    fatcoiner said:

Yes, as well as Plasma damage resistance, and resistance to nebulae of both damage types.

I have updated my OP to better get the point across.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,509
    fatcoiner said:

Yes, as well as Plasma damage resistance, and resistance to nebulae of both damage types.

I have updated my OP to better get the point across.
    Then the Altairian Targets MUST have their damage changed to Alien.
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Batu Terkeras
    Batu Terkeras
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 11

Yap, rhis is crazy. This is not rps while altarian do massive plasma to umbra. It just make umbra easy to wipe out with altarian

• Kifty
    Kifty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 35
    congrats kix, you f*cked it... again.

• Hydra Reborn
    Hydra Reborn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 274
     Batu Terkeras said:

Yap, rhis is crazy. This is not rps while altarian do massive plasma to umbra. It just make umbra easy to wipe out with altarian

altairians can't use plasma based weapons..only Pharmakon can
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

Aye. I get modifying older event targets is a risk, but I think this is a case where it's necessary. Altarian ships do not need to deal Plasma damage. If the devs intend to keep T7 structured around RPS, this change MUST be applied.

who says they do?

They don't follow their own rules  [ when and how they want] also do as they see fit..
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,246
    edited 7 Apr 2019, 12:28AM
    How are we supposed to deal with oligarchs now? Almost all of them have energy shells and an energy resistor, now they will be as resistant to alien as umbra, yet dealing plasma damage at insane ranges piercing the whole fleet? How are player umbra ships supposed to fight such fleets?

It all had to begin with reworking all of the original oligarch fleets and only then messing with resistances. Umbra is the most abandoned faction now.

DoT stacking on ablative is still bugged and nobody seems to be fixing it, this makes trojans useless too.

I just want to fall asleep and wake up when the next season begins to skip all of this weird nonsense.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 947
    edited 7 Apr 2019, 3:01AM
    Sequestor said:
    How are we supposed to deal with oligarchs now? Almost all of them have energy shells and an energy resistor, now they will be as resistant to alien as umbra, yet dealing plasma damage at insane ranges piercing the whole fleet? How are player umbra ships supposed to fight such fleets?

It all had to begin with reworking all of the original oligarch fleets and only then messing with resistances. Umbra is the most abandoned faction now.

DoT stacking on ablative is still bugged and nobody seems to be fixing it, this makes trojans useless too.

I just want to fall asleep and wake up when the next season begins to skip all of this weird nonsense.
    Well luckily the only Oligarchs that deal Plasma are the older ones, so it's mostly players who are catching up and don't have full Altairian fleets yet that are suffering. Who cares about those guys, amiright? o.O

With the introduction of Pharmakon, the game turned to crap. PvE became boring, PvP became stupid, and the devs showed time after time that they have no idea what they want to do with this.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    the high level fleets all deal plasma damage is isn't only mothership fleets.

What type of shields do the 90/100/110  vanguard fleets have though? Can't tell by looking at them

im just guessing but i bet xeno?
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 271
     Batu Terkeras said:

altairians can't use plasma based weapons..only Pharmakon can
    Altairian player ships can't equip plasma weapons. The NPC Altairian ships currently use them at high levels, which is the problem here.
  • DoooM4U
    DoooM4U
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 134

We have too many weapon damage types...

• BaronVonAlex
    BaronVonAlex
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 10
    remove oligarchs from game lmao

• Ka Dosh
    Ka Dosh
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 69

Dear Moderators and Developers:

Why Altairians vanguard lvl 110 fleets are using plasma weapons? Plasma weapons are exclusive for Pharmakons. My whole fleet that supposedly is resistant to plasma were destroyed in less than a minute! That is unfair!

Ah! BTW: the daemons are now really slow! More than usually we see in another bs...

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Ka Dosh said:

Dear Moderators and Developers:

Why Altairians vanguard lvl 110 fleets are using plasma weapons? Plasma weapons are exclusive for Pharmakons. My whole fleet that supposedly is resistant to plasma were destroyed in less than a minute! That is unfair!

Ah! BTW: the daemons are now really slow! More than usually we see in another bs...

Pharmakon loses to Altairian in the RPS cycle. Also, the Daemons are using regular battleship speeds. You're just too used to it having Cruiser speed stats.

• cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 255
    what everyone seems to forget is kix has an automatic out.

oligarchs are not altairians

while their hulls are visually similar, they were two different factions of aliens, so they dont have to fit kix's rps model.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,830
    cderalow said:

while their hulls are visually similar, they were two different factions of aliens, so they dont have to fit kix's rps model.
    Hmm, good point. That makes me suddenly wonder... does Umbra's Altairian damage bonus also apply to Oligarch? I have assumed it does, but I guess I'm not 100% certain.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    edited 8 Apr 2019, 3:52PM
    cderalow said:

Hmm, good point. That makes me suddenly wonder... does Umbra's Altairian damage bonus also apply to Oligarch? I have assumed it does, but I guess I'm not 100% certain.

Here's your response.

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    cderalow said:

Here's your response.
    Thanks! Good to know, and glad it does apply.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 947
    UPDATE: There has been a communication error: Oligarch ships DO NOT have Alien/Plasma resistances, but they do have the corresponding resistances to nebula damage.
    Good.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• RedFish2525
    RedFish2525
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 64
    So we went for a week thinking that Oligarch had Alien resist, part of that time during the Altarian Event? That's messed up. People used particular fleets against these targets using this information and got extra rep because of it. People refit ships thinking this type of target had these resistances, maybe spending coins to do it. Coins are time, and "time" is the real currency of the game. It is truly, truly bad form to give people incorrect information that causes them to spend, and waste, the currency that you will happily sell them at a premium. That is the sort of thing that causes people to regret buying "time", and that sort of regret is cumulative.

Cyrus, I'm not blaming you here. You can only give us the information they give to you. I thank you for reporting and updating when you get information. However, from here on, perhaps you should be asking Kixeye "Are you SURE?" every time something like this is sent to you to disseminate. They are making you look like a tool with these inaccuracies and random reversals. Hopefully this is the real, accurate, information and they don't reverse it again in a week or so.

• Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 126

Oligarchs still shouldn't deal Plasma damage. They should deal traditional at lower levels and Alien at higher levels.

Them dealing Plasma doesn't fit in with the RPS considering only Pharmakon for players can use Plasma.

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    edited 11 Apr 2019, 5:45PM
    Mateoski said:

Oligarchs still shouldn't deal Plasma damage. They should deal traditional at lower levels and Alien at higher levels.

Them dealing Plasma doesn't fit in with the RPS considering only Pharmakon for players can use Plasma.

While I understand what you're saying about the RPS system, I personally don't see the issue. The Oligarch fleets were designed to be hit by Altairian fleets prior to Umbra, and Altairian ships have both plasma and alien resistance so they'll work just fine. Use Altairian ships if your Umbra fleets don't hold up. Though I used an Umbra fleet against the Brigades (including the top 110 level) last weekend it and worked just fine even without plasma resistance.
This discussion has been closed.