Third Transcode (M3 Segfault Grind Targets)

Playmaker1
Playmaker1
VC Mod
Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,995
edited 8 Apr 2019, 11:53AM
The M3 Segfault Dreadnought targets are now live! They're distinguished by their L120 tag, whereas the previous levels will continue to drop their respective fragments. The M3 upgrade provides access to a second Squadron slot, boosting it's destructive capabilities. It also adds another 10% BL resistance to the Segfault, while boosting up its other stats. The M3 Segfault credit consumes 320,347,171 Ore and takes up 2D 8H 30M of your time.

Each of the targets drop 6-10 M3 fragments. Two of these fleet are more or less the same, but one is substantially different. Tread carefully.

• The Pharmakon DDOS target contains six M6 Trojans and one M2 Segfault which move in all at once. You'll want to act fast, so as not to get wrecked by the Segfault's power. 
  • The Pharmakon Hardwired target contains three M5 Trojans, three M5 Daemons and two groups of two M6 Trojans and three M6 Daemons. The twin M4 ship groups begin to move in once a Daemon takes a hit. If you're familiar with farming end level Hellions or Abysses, then this target is for you.
  • The Pharmakon Matrix target contains four M5 Trojans, two M6 Trojans and two M5 Daemons, one M1 Segfault, two M6 Daemons and one M6 Trojan, split into three sections. The second and third sections remain inactive until a M5 Trojan in the first section and either M5 Daemon in the second section each take a hit, respectively. If you're familiar with farming the more recent L120 Overwrites, then this target is for you.

Please be aware of the new fragment system that will be in place from here on forth, hardlocking the total amount of fragments you can obtain to 1000. This also includes the Behemoth. For further details, refer to the March CM Diary post

Statistics on Segfault owners will be posted here on a regular basis, by asking the KIX devs. Happy hunting!
Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Ore no Na wa Pureimēkā...
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,432
    Still too fast...
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,211

Each mark up should be monthly

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,110
    MK3 completed it less than 3 days, good balance with these fleets

DDOS, are now very doable with FULL PLASMA Bastions/Sov fleet, for reasonable damage

Matrix, are very doable with an ELITE Behemoth for reasonable damage

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    edited 17 Apr 2019, 6:10AM
    latest dreadnaught numbers

• arcadia808
    arcadia808
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 36

@Criminal Phillip BV said:

Lol, it should be called segfail

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician

why they are just as doable as the the behemoth targets, some might even say these Mk3 targets have been the easiest of them all

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,795
    edited 17 Apr 2019, 1:25PM

why they are just as doable as the the behemoth targets, some might even say these Mk3 targets have been the easiest of them all

While I am working my way up the segfault, I disagree that they are as doable.
    - Some of the behemoth targets could actually be kitted (or partially kitted) resulting in minimum repair so I could farm for hours. This is mostly not the case with Segfault targets - it's all about gearing for these to minimize damage.
    - Most of the behemoth targets could be farmed with a fleet that cost at most 12-16 hours to repair (fully dead). Segfault targets require an elite Altairian fleet that is over a day to repair fully dead (I usually stop when I'm around 16-18 hours). 

These two reasons alone have resulted in drastically slower progress on farming for the Segfault compared to the Behemoth. I'm still on mk2 so I haven't tried the mk3 yet.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician

- Some of the behemoth targets could actually be kitted (or partially kitted) resulting in minimum repair so I could farm for hours. This is mostly not the case with Segfault targets - it's all about gearing for these to minimize damage.
    - Most of the behemoth targets could be farmed with a fleet that cost at most 12-16 hours to repair (fully dead). Segfault targets require an elite Altairian fleet that is over a day to repair fully dead (I usually stop when I'm around 16-18 hours). 

These two reasons alone have resulted in drastically slower progress on farming for the Segfault compared to the Behemoth. I'm still on mk2 so I haven't tried the mk3 yet.
    i am gathering that you did not watch either of my videos as i showed how to farm 2 different targets for less then30 minutes of repairs.

the 100 and 110 DDOS fleet could be very hard and painful due to the EX damage that the segway does, but once again this can be minimized by strategic planning
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,795

i am gathering that you did not watch either of my videos as i showed how to farm 2 different targets for less then30 minutes of repairs.

the 100 and 110 DDOS fleet could be very hard and painful due to the EX damage that the segway does, but once again this can be minimized by strategic planning
    Yeah, I watched them. For some reason my experience has been inconsistent, though I'm still working on it. It really depends on what the Segfault targets sometimes. And not sure how your behemoth is fitted, but mine didn't do so well :/

But on the DDOS 110s, yeah, the EX damage can make a big difference. If I mess up and that causes the shields to go down on a ship, that ship then takes massive damage from the DoT. I expect the 120s might be easier since that got switched to plasma like the rest.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
This discussion has been closed.