Need to know how to unlock units

kmann14
kmann14
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2019 Posts: 6
I have been out of game for a long time. The units I have are old and useless. All of my platoons could not even take down a single infantry unit. I just payed cash to get a few units and a base upgrade. I need to know how to unlock the units. And how to raise there max amount of that unit I can train.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,744
    edited 19 Mar 2019, 2:56AM
    there are several ways to unlock a unit

A) the gear store you can trade "medals" for units

payout is every Monday at some point (dont know your time zone so cant say exactly when) and is based on infamy which is generated from attacking other players on the map

A round is a week and a season is ~2 months

medals can also be obtained through challange bases though they arnt easy unless you already have some units.

B ) in the event store you can trade "event xp" for units

C) on the map are usually several unit bases many of them will grant you units on completion and repeats of the base will give you tech

[note unit always dropps first then tech and resets either weekly or biweekly]
    {also note unique units drop in parts Standard needing 8, elite 40 and omega 80
    while hero bases only drop training tokens currently}

D) there are 4  missions in the top of the box on the bottom right of your HUD, those missions will give medals,thorium and units when you finish [mission will say what and how much of each prize given]

E) early missions in events will give some free units to build.

First few missions in every event there will be a building that will let you destroy it to unleash allied units that will complete the base for you and give you free units to build as a prize. similar to this base

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • kmann14
    kmann14
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2019 Posts: 6
    Thanks so much. This will really help. 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,744

You may also want to upgrade your thoriu. Vaults early, your going to need them

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly"