Suggestion for better Battle pirates game

Dreaded_Old-Crow
Dreaded_Old-Crow
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 106
I have been playing this game since just after the start many years ago. I lost a base during the change from black water days due to me being off line for several months at time of change(reason for higher id number). When I came back it showed no account. But BP has more issues with lag now then it ever had before. This lag is cause problems like not being able to target, getting more damage in battles, not being able to move map around to different areas, losing things you purchase from Raids and FM etc..

My suggestion is to first add another 100 sectors and spread out people some(add more servers). Then do away with some of the chores and some of the targets. Do not put on so many different type campaigns at same time. All this would reduce lag. 

The put back in sniping. PVP in FVF so you can fight others again without having to base hit only. I am not talking about just being able to hit a flt attacking bases but head to head battles between to players using flts. This is fun or used to be. Catching another player hitting you alli bases is also fun but you have taken out all the real fun and put in chores.You want BP to continue do something the majority of players want.

But I figure like most Kixeye will not even do the smallest thing to remove the lag Problem or put back in the fun parts.
  • Samost
    Samost
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 66
    Like I've said many times over my many years playing BP- get a Mac and have fun listening to all the crying about "Lag" :)
  • kenneth.wyatt.904
    kenneth.wyatt.904
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 3
    kixeye will never do any thing to help !!! except take your money !! been here since blackwater was a fun game at the start !! but not now 8=(
  • Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Minor Nuisance
    Samost said:
    Like I've said many times over my many years playing BP- get a Mac and have fun listening to all the crying about "Lag" :)
    That would not help when you have to have a microsoft OS to do other things that you can not do on a mac. I can not afford 2 computers to do separate things or to use hard drive space for dual operating systems. Besides I have friends with mac os and they have same issues with lag you may be in a big city where you have fiber optic internet but the general population does not have fiber optics. My system on fiber optics would not have lag either. The game itself is where the issue. The problem in a nut shell is KIXEYE has redesigned the program so much that if you don't have the top of the line pc, top of the line internet (which the majority of people don't have the program lags). Reducing the number of sectors has reduce their operating expense by reducing the number of servers this has in turn increased the communications on the servers that is left. Then adding a bunch of different targets, campaigns, special campaigns has increased the communications traffic to the point that the system is becoming unstable.  You can only have even with the fastest system for a server a max bandwidth, that bandwidth is only capable of a certain amount of data being transferred per second so when you go over that data transmission rate you get lag. It has nothing to do with your computer or OS. Wish I had an application to show the amount communications kixeye servers log over a period of a day it would prove my point. Kixeye has done this because they are trying to maintain a certain profit level but they went wrong way back by targeting the big spenders and not targeting the average user this has brought the game to this.

• Tom Caswell
    Tom Caswell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 93
    Samost said:
    That would not help when you have to have a microsoft OS to do other things that you can not do on a mac. I can not afford 2 computers to do separate things or to use hard drive space for dual operating systems. Besides I have friends with mac os and they have same issues with lag you may be in a big city where you have fiber optic internet but the general population does not have fiber optics. My system on fiber optics would not have lag either. The game itself is where the issue. The problem in a nut shell is KIXEYE has redesigned the program so much that if you don't have the top of the line pc, top of the line internet (which the majority of people don't have the program lags). Reducing the number of sectors has reduce their operating expense by reducing the number of servers this has in turn increased the communications on the servers that is left. Then adding a bunch of different targets, campaigns, special campaigns has increased the communications traffic to the point that the system is becoming unstable.  You can only have even with the fastest system for a server a max bandwidth, that bandwidth is only capable of a certain amount of data being transferred per second so when you go over that data transmission rate you get lag. It has nothing to do with your computer or OS. Wish I had an application to show the amount communications kixeye servers log over a period of a day it would prove my point. Kixeye has done this because they are trying to maintain a certain profit level but they went wrong way back by targeting the big spenders and not targeting the average user this has brought the game to this.

LOL, but if you listen to KIX, they will tell you its your computer. These jerks wouldnt accept responsibility if their life depended on it. Im glad you brought this up. Kix has a lot of folks conned into believing its their machine, so they accept it and coin. The whole game is nothing but a con job.
  • Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Minor Nuisance
    LOL, but if you listen to KIX, they will tell you its your computer. These jerks wouldnt accept responsibility if their life depended on it. Im glad you brought this up. Kix has a lot of folks conned into believing its their machine, so they accept it and coin. The whole game is nothing but a con job.
    Tom I don't think it is as much they won't listen as it is they put themselves into a raveen that can not be climbed out of. See Back years ago they had a choice and had over 1 million players. There was a lot of those players spending small amounts and a few players spending large amounts. These big spenders wanted more power in the game so they could brag how good they were in the game. So the People in charge at that time seen a way to make a lot of money fast. So what did they do, well they gave the biggest spender the first big hull (A dreadnaught) and waited I think it was 1 to 3 months before releasing it to the other big spenders. But it was about 6 months before most of the low coiners got it and by the time they got it and built KIx had come out with something to counter it. Which was fine back then because you had 1 million other players to fight and not just the big coiners. As time went on because kix had catered to the big coiner and seen they could make the quick large amounts along with the small amounts they decide to continue with giving the big boys what they wanted but somewhere along the line kix got to fast with coming out with new stuff and people seen what was happening and could not keep up even with coining small amounts so a lot gave up over a period of about a year. The number got down to less then a couple hundred thousand. Then kix started change game to having monthly raids and weekly FMs along with a lot of chore stuff to do to even play the game. So a lot said nope not going to do that many chores and quit these were mostly low coiners but kix lost a good many big coiners then too. So the game got down to less the 50K users where it is now and they reduce the sector size and number of sectors  to reduce cost. So right now kix is doing everything they can to satisfy the big coiner because it is where the high majority of the money is coming from. There is no way for them to return the game to where it was before the greed took hold. They could do a full reset where everyone started at same level but what good would that do them. They would just have to give the big coiners what they wanted to keep game going. The people that left will most likely not believe them if they said different so the majority would not return. So kix has painted them selves into a corner with paint that never dries. kix will continue this until it comes in that the cash coming in is less then the cost then they say sorry but game over.
  • CAPTAINV7
    CAPTAINV7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 10
    exspand the current server used to accomadate the amount of players
  • dan.ciammaichella.9
    dan.ciammaichella.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 71
    ya...read the forum for starters.....CEOs comment about its for the players...prove it..listen to the players comments stop screwing players and handing out 50 gold coins when its not even a fraction of what some spend, you don't understand our frustration because its the same bullshit blow smoke up our **** responses....raid after raid and NO time to build fleets to do raid, limited hulls...give the BP....spend more time waiting for repairs then playing....changing targets strengths while players need to refit for days.......again  read your own forum or stop asking if your not going to respect the players and not just you high coiners hackers and kixeye staff that are handed every thing and then call it skill......
  • Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Minor Nuisance
    ya...read the forum for starters.....CEOs comment about its for the players...prove it..listen to the players comments stop screwing players and handing out 50 gold coins when its not even a fraction of what some spend, you don't understand our frustration because its the same bullshit blow smoke up our **** responses....raid after raid and NO time to build fleets to do raid, limited hulls...give the BP....spend more time waiting for repairs then playing....changing targets strengths while players need to refit for days.......again  read your own forum or stop asking if your not going to respect the players and not just you high coiners hackers and kixeye staff that are handed every thing and then call it skill......
    The tokens in Fm if they are in some way supposed to make up for the long build times are way to few to really make a difference. The problem is you have to have the previous 1/4s raid's top flts to do the FM and resource targets or you end grinding and getting nothing to help you catch up. To most of us this grinding is no fun at all. It is so boring that you fall asleep playing. Also most of the ship builds require limited specials that are only available in a raid. So you can't get enough of them for a full flt when only 2 are allowed to be taken in a raid. So you end up building a inferior fleet that does not do what is needed.These are limited to two to force the big coiners to buy them from the store but it limits the low coiners to not getting them and in so doing you have all but killed them off.

THIS I SEE AS THE FUTURE IF YOU DON"T CHANGE SOMETHING THAT REALLY HELPS THE LOWER COINERS AND THAT IS NO LOW COINERS FOR THE BIG COINERS TO HIT SO THEY CAN BRAG, TAKE RES AND DO QUOTAS. THEY WILL BE FORCED TO HIT OTHER BIG COINERS FOR THE GRUDGE WORK AND THEN THEY WILL SAY WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING PLAYING THIS GAME NOW AND QUIT.

The fun has left BP and it has become just another you against an AI that has a preset attack method which is boring after about 4 battles. PVP players fleets against another players fleets was fun, Chasing players flts that was hitting a base was fun when you caught him. If you succeeded in sinking him it gave you the low coiner bragging rights. Low coiners have no bragging rights any longer nor do they have any fun because they can no longer hit bases or sink flts.
  • Punkersmurf
    Punkersmurf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 336
    Post after post of whining & complaining.  The "Suggestion for better Battle pirates game" ended a long time ago.

The game will not change, sounds like you really do not enjoy it anymore, possibly it is time to move on??  It's a game, we all log on to have fun, if you are not enjoying the game any longer there has to be one you would enjoy, there's tons to play.  The original point to the post has long been lost, you have lost your temper & are now shouting at a computer :P .... Smile, its only a game (one that will not change)
  • Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 17 Mar 2019, 1:03PM
    Post after post of whining & complaining.  The "Suggestion for better Battle pirates game" ended a long time ago.

The game will not change, sounds like you really do not enjoy it anymore, possibly it is time to move on??  It's a game, we all log on to have fun, if you are not enjoying the game any longer there has to be one you would enjoy, there's tons to play.  The original point to the post has long been lost, you have lost your temper & are now shouting at a computer :P .... Smile, its only a game (one that will not change)
    Yes I have lost all the fun from game but after playing for all those years and all the friends i have made and some of them still play it was worth a try to get something changed but Kix doesn't listen never has never will. Big spenders bought game and will suffer when there is no one to play against but each other. Oh and just think about when there is 20 k players or less. hit same bases every day and only hitting bases. Is this fun it is almost all automated now. No skill required only coins.

• CAPTAINV7
    CAPTAINV7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 10
    i would like to see a bunch of things change,1) for all the new fleets kixeye is bring out you guys should make a,the shipyard a dual yard,a reg/coun an defender hull yard,B keep things the way they are but make the conguer hull a dual purpose yard with ought use of any more titium. #2,make the titinum payouts larger. An change time starting times in america for fm week,bounty an raids to start earlyier in the day so the people in america dont have to waste have there waiting for theses events to start. An please please reconsider changing the start times for monthly raids back a week,the way it is now one can get a brand new full fitted fleet out an ranked in time for each new raid
  • Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 22 Mar 2019, 10:27PM
    roflmao they would do nothing to help the lower coiners. just like the low targets they don't have enough points to even be able to grind something worth the trouble.

• Sorin MC
    Sorin MC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 4
    Hello Pirates. I have a idea to reduce Lag on game. On world map need a option to show only What you want , for exemple i want to show only FM targets and titanium/uranium and all targets remain hidden.. Hope is a good idea. thank you

• mrbastard
    mrbastard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 15
    how about NOT doing maintenance just before the end of an event , like you are doing right at this minute . if i lose ANY of my winnings , i will be off . could this not have waited 6 hours ? 
  • mrbastard
    mrbastard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 15
    how about ....... some backward steps ..

allow player verses player with fleets .

STOP , huge fleets going into smaller bases , the small guy has no chance of hitting the huge guy back . i don't mind being hit , but when i have absolutely no chance of hitting back , it becomes demoralising to play. huge = up in the 100's ( if you added up ALL my fleets i wouldn't reach the 
     attacking fleet number )

make putting in a ticket easier , i seem to go round in circles when trying to put one in , even i give up after 3-5 attempts .

don't run multiple events at the same time , your system can't handle it. ( no i'm not going to buy a massive computer to play this game )

winding up damage that we take , when hitting your targets , won't make me coin , i'm very selective about coining. 

progress isn't progress if it doesn't work, and makes things harder ,

it's a game , it's supposed to be fun .....make it too hard = people stop playing , this is why you re-jigged the amount of sectors, there were many dead bases , how many do you have now ? is the number growing ? 

• Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Dreaded_Old-Crow
    Minor Nuisance
    mrbastard said:
    how about ....... some backward steps ..

allow player verses player with fleets .

STOP , huge fleets going into smaller bases , the small guy has no chance of hitting the huge guy back . i don't mind being hit , but when i have absolutely no chance of hitting back , it becomes demoralising to play. huge = up in the 100's ( if you added up ALL my fleets i wouldn't reach the 
     attacking fleet number )

make putting in a ticket easier , i seem to go round in circles when trying to put one in , even i give up after 3-5 attempts .

don't run multiple events at the same time , your system can't handle it. ( no i'm not going to buy a massive computer to play this game )

winding up damage that we take , when hitting your targets , won't make me coin , i'm very selective about coining. 

progress isn't progress if it doesn't work, and makes things harder ,

it's a game , it's supposed to be fun .....make it too hard = people stop playing , this is why you re-jigged the amount of sectors, there were many dead bases , how many do you have now ? is the number growing ? 

I agree with you on all the points but have one to add base size does not indicate base defensive capability, or flt sizes all it indicates is how much resources you have used. They need another method of determining base size. Base size is used to determine what campaigns you get to play etc. I believe it would not be much of a problem to size the base by what turrets sizes, buildings and weapons base has.

But kixeye has its eye on big coiners and only big coiners. Kix already knew way back when they first released the first raid that the outcome would in end in a dead game and decide to make as much as they could while appeasing the big coiners. They will continue this appeasing as long as they can. Now the longer they do this the more complex and harder to play the game will get. It will not be long before they reduce the number of sectors again because there is still people quitting and once the number is down they will again reduce size until only coiners and a few diehards are left then game will end. Kixeye does not care about the longevity of the game all they care about is the coins it brings in. They believe well when this game ends we will have another to start and do it again but what they don't realize is they have burned the players that have quit and they know who kix is and would never start another kix game because of they way all the kixeye games are setup in the same manner. I looked at the other kix games and i started playing one of them seen it was based on same principle so quit before i got stuck with a bunch of friends I like and that is only reason i am a die hard player.