Land Ho!!!

Sea_Wolf17
Sea_Wolf17
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 200
where is more land tiles and bigger base print with all the "New" stuff coming at us. Haven't had new land tiles for years. WE NEED MORE LAND!!! the 130 land tiles at the Moment are no where near enough to what we now need. Stop the Wrong Thinking and try right thinking.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,679
    we are fine on tiles. the game needs to rotate the grid
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    need more land
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    No, we really don't. even at present base design is not that difficult.
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    we have extra ranges on ships being introduced. Many new buildings also. I think it would be a good decision for Kix to give us more land, so to avoid us having the same base per player. Battle Pirates drew me on with the Fully Customizable Base option. Well its getting to the point where that's not really an option and most players getting bases almost duplicate to each other's, its killing the Dynamic Customizable aspect of base designing with no new land. Yes we need more land. 
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 18 Feb 2019, 12:38PM
     Im sure its in here some where. But heres another example of how space can be optimized more. Allow this for portals would free up 4 Land Tiles. Kixeye Releases to us an additional 6 for a total of 10 new land tiles and rotatable build grid to allow us to flip our bases. Yes that is a great Idea filmbryan1 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    we have extra ranges on ships being introduced. Many new buildings also. I think it would be a good decision for Kix to give us more land, so to avoid us having the same base per player. Battle Pirates drew me on with the Fully Customizable Base option. Well its getting to the point where that's not really an option and most players getting bases almost duplicate to each other's, its killing the Dynamic Customizable aspect of base designing with no new land. Yes we need more land. 
    I understand what you're saying, but I believe that issue is more about members in alliances sharing their builds. With the other players I think it is becoming more about players not wanting to put forth the effort or not learning how to design. This is just an opinion obviously, but when I look at some of the FB pages they are buried in posts from people begging for designs instead of figuring it out themselves. Kix is partially to blame here. If build times were lessened it would allow more latitude to experiment.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    What new buildings are you talking about? Portals have been out for a while, and turrets are an equip click away.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
     Im sure its in here some where. But heres another example of how space can be optimized more. Allow this for portals would free up 4 Land Tiles. Kixeye Releases to us an additional 6 for a total of 10 new land tiles and rotatable build grid to allow us to flip our bases. Yes that is a great Idea filmbryan1 
    This idea is not a bad one.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    The grid is my biggest gripe. if it was rotated 45 degrees I would be content
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    yes absolutely, ive found it angle fixed is only good to point.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256
    edited 19 Feb 2019, 7:52PM
    The grid is my biggest gripe. if it was rotated 45 degrees I would be content
    The base footprint is the square from the screen, because the base will turn 45° from the baseplanner view to the screen view.
    So it makes sense... if we like it or not.

And YES! We need more landtiles, because every OP upgrade should give us more landtiles...which didnt happening with OP 11.
    At least 8 additional landtiles (two for each direction) would be nice.
    There is also the rumor, that we would also get mountain-tiles for our bases. I am still waiting for a surprise...
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame