IMPRESSED with this raid!

finnMccool23
finnMccool23
Potential Threat
Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 44
Ok, I guess my title may be slightly misleading....

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
Shrike - NOPE
Buccaneer - NOPE
Cannoneer - NOPE
Ironclad - NOPE

Do this raid?  HELLZ NOPE!

ENOUGH of this hull-specific BS already!  I can't even do the 40s.... how's that for taking care of your players!  

Time for somebody, PLEASE, anybody at the coin-grabber company to get a freaking clue!  
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,324
    Honestly, I would love to **** and wh!ine about the difficulty of th!s raid except it's not that difficult. It is important to keep perspective and so far so good.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,260

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

ENOUGH of this hull-specific BS already!  I can't even do the 40s.... how's that for taking care of your players!  

Time for somebody, PLEASE, anybody at the coin-grabber company to get a freaking clue!  
    Eradicator:  instant repair in base on auto for 80's = 2,200,000
    Eradicator: 3 hours dammage for a T9 set = 10,000,000

And these build are easyly available in facebook.

If you have eradicator with the lead ship , no reason not to succeed in this raid.
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,655
    edited 14 Feb 2019, 8:30AM

you're a level 58... its not your time yet
    Better not wait until it is your time and think about finding another game with a good company that listen to ALL players and not the sound of banknotes only. Thereby is it still a game full of lag for many during any event. even the big reduction in sectors not made things better and kix admits themselves that lag and performance goes down on events. Maybe they are better off with 1 big sector where all the remaining payers and some players are in. Maybe then they listen to their customers instead of only see them as players and payers.
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • obelixxxx
    obelixxxx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 538
    i do 104-106 sets for 6-7 coins (no gm crew) with 3 shrikes where one had to have 3 squall launchers because of weight issue( upgrading dock)..im impressed they work so good
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,255

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

When will it be his time? 
    currently high lvl players advise is for low lvls to do the FM and get tech from that to progress into raids;  BUT when the FM will soon need our old raid fleets to do; IF he can't do the raid then soon how will he be able to do the FM with old raid fleets if he hasn't got any?
    you are right, all players should be able to do the raid at level one.  Or maybe new players should try for the raid and maybe learn tactics from the raids. Who knows?
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 240
    James Leon said:
    you are right, all players should be able to do the raid at level one.  Or maybe new players should try for the raid and maybe learn tactics from the raids. Who knows?
    You shouldn't have to do the raid at level 1, but you shouldn't have to wait until lv75 either. These days low levels are being gatekept; you need to own a fleet of (at least) Icebreakers in order to obtain the 'poverty fleet' for the current raid cycle.

In the past, you could assemble your own poverty raiding fleet in your first 2-3 weeks of the game via Seawolves and it wouldn't put a strain on your low level protection.
    In my opinion the way to bring this back would be to move the minimum expectation of the small targets to Punisher fleets instead of Cannoneers. Any new player can get a full fleet of these with 4-5 weeks of play, which to me sounds like a fair enough time investment towards doing the lowest end targets in the raid. (41/43)
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,167

@James Leon said:
    carl.wear.3 said:

TRUCULENT2 said:

finnMccool23 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

currently high lvl players advise is for low lvls to do the FM and get tech from that to progress into raids;  BUT when the FM will soon need our old raid fleets to do; IF he can't do the raid then soon how will he be able to do the FM with old raid fleets if he hasn't got any?

When I 1st kicked off this account, I quickly got Battle Barge As via base campaign.
    With those in the old FM 22-27s I got the Battle Cruiser and I think I had D51Z missiles.
    With those in my 30s I was hitting my own level bases with ease. (And never got hate mail for it either)
    Doing Recon in IIRC the 2015 August hull-tech store raid which I ground like a ****, I picked up the new D52R Harrier, a Frostburn Interceptor (good old Frosty for 15 million points) V2H and SS3.
    This was at about L40 or so.
    By the time I was about L44-46, I had that fleet fully completed and was doing L65 FM targets, which was before the introduction of the 85s. That's top FM targets, if you forgot.
    The game has evolved significantly, and that's just outright not possible to do now.
    If FM targets are to change to the point of becoming a turned version of previous raid targets because Kixeye believes that we're not using our raid fleets enough (player base awaiting the changeover of chore targets) then yes, lower levels are going to struggle a lot.
    A L50 or so pirate SHOULD be able to compete to some level in raids. There is so much excitement by the general player base, and lowers get caught up in that, see the prizes and yet they can't get anything decent without significant help. Unless they coin.

Food for thought.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might. I will pick you up & break you in half, then throw you in the gutter where you belong.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    edited 15 Feb 2019, 1:36AM

@Kalidor55 said:
    finnMccool23 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

If you have eradicator with the lead ship , no reason not to succeed in this raid.

You're a L112.
    You have probably got all the bells and whistles to make those fleets that are proven performers.
    The OP does NOT have all the bells and whistles, he's caught between creating his FM fleet (which you've probably got 3 of, unless you scrapped your Zelos/Mono and IB fleets) and trying to build his raid fleets.
    You've forgotten how hard it was at that level unless you coined or got help.

I'd LOVE to see someone ask where the OP is in order to offer him some help in this raid instead of trolling him or bragging how easy it is because YOU have top raid tech.

(Edited as I couldn't edit via phone, had to correct something)

I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might. I will pick you up & break you in half, then throw you in the gutter where you belong.
  • Barkus Tyler
    Barkus Tyler
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 347
    no ones going to miss this game when its gone.... 1.5billion points = hacks,cheats,or a deep pockets and that guy is a joke... new hull is BS and a handful to people got them early, nice breaking the game.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician

@Barkus Tyler said:
    no ones going to miss this game when its gone.... 1.5billion points = hacks,cheats,or a deep pockets and that guy is a joke... new hull is BS and a handful to people got them early, nice breaking the game.

Good builds and deep pockets.

Hacks are gone. Long gone.

Get over yourself.

• Barkus Tyler
    Barkus Tyler
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 347
    edited 14 Feb 2019, 12:27PM
    good builds dont exist cause they dont add the parts to make them decent until 50% thru the month
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,016
    edited 14 Feb 2019, 3:13PM
    James Leon said:
    You shouldn't have to do the raid at level 1, but you shouldn't have to wait until lv75 either. These days low levels are being gatekept; you need to own a fleet of (at least) Icebreakers in order to obtain the 'poverty fleet' for the current raid cycle.

In the past, you could assemble your own poverty raiding fleet in your first 2-3 weeks of the game via Seawolves and it wouldn't put a strain on your low level protection.
    In my opinion the way to bring this back would be to move the minimum expectation of the small targets to Punisher fleets instead of Cannoneers. Any new player can get a full fleet of these with 4-5 weeks of play, which to me sounds like a fair enough time investment towards doing the lowest end targets in the raid. (41/43)
    The player-accepted (well, for those who have been through it) level for fully entering the raids has always been after being able to reliably reach the top level of the FM.  Not only does this give you access to useful PvE tech, it also gives you experience driving your fleets in targets

If that takes a player to level 75 to do, so be it.  If they can do it by level 40- same.  Players advance at different paces based on a number of factors, therefore there is no set level for entering raids.

The OP cites eradicators as not being able to do this raid.  The OP is wrong.  If his aren't able, then his build is really, really bad.  At his level, he might not have the armor he needs, the specials - whatever.  He shouldn't be angry at Kix about that.  This game isn't an instant gratification endeavor - never has been, even with coin.  It is the OP who needs to get a clue.
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,107
    Honestly, I would love to **** and wh!ine about the difficulty of th!s raid except it's not that difficult. It is important to keep perspective and so far so good.
    difficult? nope
    boring ? oh ya
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

You've been playing for 2.5 years, and did not get the GiftRays? GiftRays led to Eradicators and Shrikes for the Raid Cycle.......
    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 50

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

I'm 100% with you on this! and I'm a level 98!!! This RAID is BULL!! Use the hulls specified and get sunk quicker than the Titanic!!!! 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,580

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

I get what you are saying. However If the player builds a good FM fleet now that fleet will be the stepping stone for getting into raids when garrison is put back in the cycle.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 488
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

and what if you dont have it or the armor required ........just because the info is on facebook and utube does not mean it can be done if you cant get the parts

• Mors Pawlit
    Mors Pawlit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 78
    Im level 98 and i have over 200 million 0 coin, kill some sets, slow repair.... repeat..

The OP needs to find an Alliance that can support him or pay a merc to get some points to get the stuff he needs.
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

and what if you dont have it or the armor required ........just because the info is on facebook and utube does not mean it can be done if you cant get the parts

It just mean that you are not ready for these tagerts.  Aim lower, pick up points, get better for next raid.

Now at level 100 if you can't even do the 40's the problem is not with the game , sorry.

And for the record, i,m far for being a Kixeye fanboy.  But hell, i,m seeing level 70-80 players performing pretty good, piking up nice poin ts with no coin.  
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    edited 16 Feb 2019, 6:55PM
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

It just mean that you are not ready for these tagerts.  Aim lower, pick up points, get better for next raid.

Now at level 100 if you can't even do the 40's the problem is not with the game , sorry.

And for the record, i,m far for being a Kixeye fanboy.  But hell, i,m seeing level 70-80 players performing pretty good, piking up nice poin ts with no coin.  
    Level means nothing--when folks leave the game for more than a year, @ x level, & they were reasonably current, & they return, they're behind, vs a L70 or 80 as you mention being current in the game because they didn't take a 1 or 2 or even a 3 year break.
    So it's VERY possible for a L100 to be behind simply because they're a returning player

Perhaps you need to step back & examine that issue before you spout a load of brown dribble from your mouth

Yes, Kix has run a TLC for Cannoneers last raid & is running it again this raid, but if you don't have a fleet to do THAT with (no guarantee that a returning player will have a fleet of IBs given to them) then you're SoL
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

Level means nothing--when folks leave the game for more than a year, @ x level, & they were reasonably current, & they return, they're behind, vs a L70 or 80 as you mention being current in the game because they didn't take a 1 or 2 or even a 3 year break.
    So it's VERY possible for a L100 to be behind simply because they're a returning player

Perhaps you need to step back & examine that issue before you spout a load of brown dribble from your mouth

Yes, Kix has run a TLC for Cannoneers last raid & is running it again this raid, but if you don't have a fleet to do THAT with (no guarantee that a returning player will have a fleet of IBs given to them) then you're SoL
    First, i think i stayed polite all along my message.

Second, If he was out that long and is completely behind what is his point of coming in here and whining?  It was his choice to quit.
    I did it for 7 mounths.  Had to catch up .  Never blamed qkix for it, it was my choice to quit.

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

First, i think i stayed polite all along my message.

Second, If he was out that long and is completely behind what is his point of coming in here and whining?  It was his choice to quit.
    I did it for 7 mounths.  Had to catch up .  Never blamed qkix for it, it was my choice to quit.

I think you'll agree with me that.. Let's say 4 years ago, if you quit for say 6-12 months, it wasn't THAT bad. You could come back with a little help.
    NOW.. The content introduction rate is a lot higher. You've also got events occurring every 2 weeks at the least & then some.

Sometimes a player also needs to really take stock of their account, and ask themselves should they just take a reset, vs trying to come back into the game with a nothing base (look at the L100 who quit 2 years ago, he'd be a total farm now, right? If he got a tag and a helpful alliance, he's going to get farmed for alli points for how long until his base has caught up in turret tech & other?)

If said player says to his crew "Hey, I really like the crew, I appreciate all the help, but in my current configuration I can't handle the game, do y'all mind if I take a reset & some nice folks can help me with base parts & U so I can grow properly without getting smashed 4 times a week..?"  (Yes, he can grow in the bubble, but got to replace all that res he lost blah blah blah)

If you had an alliance mate who said that in your crew, what would be your reply?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm pointing out some harsh realities that many players face when they return to the game-even with help, they still have to BUILD stuff, & until the have a fleet for FM, raid & maybe something for chores, they're going to be behind. (Not forgetting that all essential current turret tech, portals & so forth)
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 309
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

You don't have to leave the game for more than a year to get woefully behind. I was in the hospital for three months recently and I'm pretty far behind already, and I was usually able to get in the hundreds of millions of points in raids before that. Now I'm stuck with Hydras and will be fortunate to break 60 mill.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:

Here is the truth:

Eradicator - NOPE
    Shrike - NOPE
    Buccaneer - NOPE
    Cannoneer - NOPE
    Ironclad - NOPE

You don't have to leave the game for more than a year to get woefully behind. I was in the hospital for three months recently and I'm pretty far behind already, and I was usually able to get in the hundreds of millions of points in raids before that. Now I'm stuck with Hydras and will be fortunate to break 60 mill.
    And this is what I was referring to in the last comment, the constant events & stuff that are "must do" or fall behind

And welcome back, Jeff
  • RYAN_BS12
    RYAN_BS12
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 51
    This cycle of raid is actually the best cycle i have seen in a long time, alot of players whining because they dont put the time into the game to get the good stuff. I dont spend alot of money on this game, infact the only thing that i coin is fleet repairs and that is only during raid, i still had a complete fleet of eradicators fully ranked for this raid. I have found that alot of the complaining players are those who dont do their fm each week for tokens, dont do the camps that pop up and simply dont put enough effort into the game to be up to date and then complain that everything is too hard for them. I can agree however that some builds for erads and shrikes simply dont work as well as others but we are only on the 2nd of 4 raids in this cycle and there is ample time to fix those builds. 
  • MERC MAN
    MERC MAN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 430
    James Leon said:

The player-accepted (well, for those who have been through it) level for fully entering the raids has always been after being able to reliably reach the top level of the FM.  Not only does this give you access to useful PvE tech, it also gives you experience driving your fleets in targets

If that takes a player to level 75 to do, so be it.  If they can do it by level 40- same.  Players advance at different paces based on a number of factors, therefore there is no set level for entering raids.

The OP cites eradicators as not being able to do this raid.  The OP is wrong.  If his aren't able, then his build is really, really bad.  At his level, he might not have the armor he needs, the specials - whatever.  He shouldn't be angry at Kix about that.  This game isn't an instant gratification endeavor - never has been, even with coin.  It is the OP who needs to get a clue.
    I would agree with you totally Carlos,

Up until now I would always advise newer players forget about the raids, and just put all of their efforts into the FM, once that is nailed and they are getting all of the build tokens, then start thinking about the other aspects of the game.

However, now kix has decided to change the FM ship class, every three months (not sure when that starts), the whole concentrate on the FM is blown out of the water.
    Its a potential disaster for new players, or players who for what ever reason, don't have a current fleet that can scrape through the raid.

For myself, I have 4 x Erads completed, and a good fleet of Blood/ Hydras, I am managing to hit 2 x T8 sets before repair (yeh they need some tweeking) then whilst they repair, I am hitting T7 sets with the hydras.
    My goal for this raid is to collect all of the Erad build tokens, plus what ever else I can afford. And then hopefully I will be better prepped for next months raid, and win the hull for the next raid cycle.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    MERC MAN said:
    James Leon said:

I would agree with you totally Carlos,

Up until now I would always advise newer players forget about the raids, and just put all of their efforts into the FM, once that is nailed and they are getting all of the build tokens, then start thinking about the other aspects of the game.

However, now kix has decided to change the FM ship class, every three months (not sure when that starts), the whole concentrate on the FM is blown out of the water.
    Its a potential disaster for new players, or players who for what ever reason, don't have a current fleet that can scrape through the raid.

My view of how new players are welcomed to the game, especially with the FM change coming soon...