MOLTEN FURY: What's the Minimum Fleet Required to Play?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Master Tactician
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,343
edited 14 Feb 2019, 5:18AM
What the least powerful fleet required to make any progress whatsoever in this Raid? 

If I'm not mistaken, it must be a Siege Fleet.

I have a fully outfitted Cannoneer fleet, a few outfitted Punishers that are not currently engaged in a Base Parts Expedition, and a fully outfitted Punisher fleet that is;  and a couple of Buccaneers built but barely outfitted with anything beside Thuds.  I had a fleet of Hammerheads, but I scrapped them because I thought they were useless. 

I tried playing a raid a few months ago, and gave up shortly after it became immediately apparent I didn't have the fleets necessary to compete at the lowest level.

I just tried a new fleet I fully built out:  Cannoneers, in a 63.    I figured since this was a recently awarded fleet maybe I didn't have to start at the lowest level.    My fleet was destroyed within a few seconds after it approached the first defensive position of the base. 

How are Cannoneers properly built?   I put the Millenium cannons on them which seem to have been made for them.   Should I have put Particle of Phased Attack cannons on them?

• InSidious_66
    InSidious_66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 513
    I do expedition just fine with these. 
    I have better fleets for raid, so dunno how they'd do in those targets.

Live Long and Prosper
    - WitchKing (''Star Wars'' 1978)
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,122

Cannoneers are 2 years old
    They're only good for the 40s series.
    Buccaneers for the 60s

You could try asking for help in the last 36 hours of the raid, you might be surprised.

And yes, good move scrapping your Hammerheads.
    They are well and truly junk in today's game.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might. I will pick you up & break you in half, then throw you in the gutter where you belong.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    edited 15 Feb 2019, 7:50AM
    Something seems wrong.    Are Cannoneers not good enough even for a 41base?

Are hulls supposed to have different specials or armor for this raid?   Anti-radiation or anything?

I just tried Cannoneers in a 41.    It defended against the first ship or whatever it was.  Came in from 6 o'clock.   As it approached land, it took 33% damage vs the first volley.   I retreated.      Is there supposed to be some other specials or armor on these Cannoneers or something?

I built mine with the recommended Millenium Guns, 7 each hull.  I got good Specials on them: Spd Sys 6, Siege Batt4, Nuclear2, High Vel Rounds.   Agility3 on two of them, with a Phalanx2 and Hail D.   On three, I put Explosive4 and they have a Phal3 and Hail B.     Only got 1 each of light C*, X and M armor as that's all I could fit to stay under weight.

*EDIT: 1 each C armor

• kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 199
    ahhhhh X and M armor are the wrong armors

X = explosive armor
    M = penetrative armor

the siege raid is throwing out ballistic + radiation damage

you nee C and R armors
  • kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 199
    take out your agility2 special and add CL2 or 3 or 4 special
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    edited 15 Feb 2019, 7:53AM
    Oh, OK.    I got CL3 and can put in some R armor.   I have one C in there now, which I didn't mention above.    I probably won't have time to do this before the raid ends though.

Is the Phalanx and Hailstorm useless in this raid?    Should I take them out for future setup, or might they serve some future purpose?

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Oh, OK.    I got CL3 and can put in some R armor.   I have one C in there now, which I didn't mention above.    I probably won't have time to do this before the raid ends though.

Is the Phalanx and Hailstorm useless in this raid?    Should I take them out for future setup, or might they serve some future purpose?
    There is no need for anti in this cycle, previous cycle there was
    Rip them out & put more cannons on
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might. I will pick you up & break you in half, then throw you in the gutter where you belong.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane said:  There is no need for anti in this cycle, previous cycle there was
    How does one know how to setup their hulls before a Raid starts?

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 70
    How does one ask a question here without first looking at the Raid briefing before the event starts? How about going to www.youtube.com and typing in, "battle pirates siege fleet build" and see what comes up as far as information? Still amazed at this point and almost 8 years on this game.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    edited 15 Feb 2019, 8:15PM
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane said:  There is no need for anti in this cycle, previous cycle there was
    How does one know how to setup their hulls before a Raid starts?
    TFC on FB is the best way to get info

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TFCBP/
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    edited 15 Feb 2019, 10:37PM
    Xevian said:  How does one ask a question here without first looking at the Raid briefing before the event starts? 
    Would you care to point out exactly what in the Raid Briefing provides the information that Ballistic and Radioactive armor is advisable, and that Explosive and Penetrative Countermeasures would be of no use?

Xevian said: How about going to www.youtube.com and typing in, "battle pirates siege fleet build" and see what comes up as far as information? 
    I just did that.    I had to scroll down a long way and about the 30th result was a Cannoneer build (by RenP).     It talked about a Scourge Raid from Feb 2017.      I had actually watched that video 1 month ago, and left a question in the comments, which to date is unanswered. 

That video did mention CL3 and no need for countermeasures.

Are all Raids the same as described in that video?

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Xevian said: How about going to www.youtube.com and typing in, "battle pirates siege fleet build" and see what comes up as far as information? 
    I just did that.    I had to scroll down a long way and about the 30th result was a Cannoneer build (by RenP).     It talked about a Scourge Raid from Feb 2017.      I had actually watched that video 1 month ago, and left a question in the comments, which to date is unanswered. 

That video did mention CL3 and no need for countermeasures.

Are all Raids the same as described in that video?
    The Cannoneer & Ironclad hulls were top tech in 2017, 1 being an auto hull, the other being a skill hull.
    The targets were very laggy, with walls rising out of the target, & these targets were tuned after the raid to become base parts targets, which, by the way, remained laggy until the Legion targets cycled in last year around May

https://www.forsakencouncil.co.uk/single-post/2017/01/05/January-Event-Tips-Tricks-AKA-Facing-the-Scourge

Those targets had just radioactive & ballistic weapons only, unlike last years targets.
    Two year old hulls yet still capable of choring, albeit not so effectively, limited to base parts expeditions
    A "good" build wll still take damage in the lowest tier targets this raid, but it's possible to get enough points for an upgrade I believe, if you're prepared to grind a bit

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    edited 16 Feb 2019, 5:03AM
    WORKING OK NOW

I refitted my Cannoneers with CL3 and R armor, and it's working pretty good now.   I just did a 40 set with about 25% damage, so I should be able to do 4 of them before needing repair. 

Thanks.

EDIT: Wound up being able to do 3 sets, letting them run largely on auto.

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Which are better: Buccaneers or Hydras?

Should they both be built like Cannoneers?  i.e. with CL3 and no countermeasures?

• MERC MAN
    MERC MAN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 411
    Which are better: Buccaneers or Hydras?

Should they both be built like Cannoneers?  i.e. with CL3 and no countermeasures?
    I am using Hydras with the Blood flag, I've never built Buccs, so don't have an opinion on them.

The Hydras even with last years tech work really well in the 60 sets, CL3 or 4 are important, and you don't need counters for this raid. However I also use the hydras to collect base parts, so have sprints and Phal 4's fitted to them.

The Blood Hydra flag is quite important to the fleet, as its fitted with the healing CIC, this maintains the rest of the fleet at 75% health, so you anly need to repair the Flag. Although up to now in the 60 sets I haven't seen it have to do any healing at all.

My fleet does multiple 60 sets without repair, although I haven't been keeping count, I would say 10 mill points is easily achievable before repair, I tend to just keep plugging away until I get bored, then put them in to repair, whilst I do something else.
    It takes me, 3 minutes to do each target, so that = 1.4 mill roughly every 15 minutes allowing for finding and engaging them.