captaindirty
captaindirty
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 46
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    Somebody either copied info wrong, or it is going to be very useless......

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,619
    When the hull bonuses and special's boosts are factored in, the weapon's sliver of range will thicken. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,231
    When the hull bonuses and special's boosts are factored in, the weapon's sliver of range will thicken. 
    This.

It is basically limiting the usefulness to the Basilisk. Same with the Dark Cloud Mortar.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    This.

It is basically limiting the usefulness to the Basilisk. Same with the Dark Cloud Mortar.
    Funny how some act like its a doomsday hull and then think that built-in limitations are errors. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 562
    This.

Funny how some act like its a doomsday hull and then think that built-in limitations are errors. 
    It sure speaks volumes for the average game knowledge across the forums.  Might go with sad over funny though, but that's just me. 
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    This.

"Limitations"
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,869

75 and 76. It might be 2 range values. But a difference of 1

Add your 30% missile range special and it should increase

75 + 30% = 97.5
    76 + 30% = 98.8

97.5 - 98.8 is difference of 1.3.

As templar said.. it did thicken. By 0.3 from 1. From 1 to 1.3

If you want to use pen scope as well that will be an increase of 0.39. From 1 to 1.39

75 + 39% = 104.25
    76 + 39% = 105.64

105.64 - 104.25 = 1.39

Still precision attacking. Blitz a channel without being able to kill whs and turrets as they will all be inside minimum range and be untargetable.. so wont bubble base. Great bounty strategy. Go striaght to op without worrying about doing enough damage to cause a bubble.
    I know one or 2 specific top alliance players that will take advantage of this.
    As ive now given the secret away i might as well build 2 like this and 1 mortar one to kill op from the rim if the missile ones fail hehe.

• Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 562

75 + 30% = 97.5
    76 + 30% = 98.8

If you want to use pen scope as well that will be an increase of 0.39. From 1 to 1.39

75 + 39% = 104.25
    76 + 39% = 105.64

105.64 - 104.25 = 1.39

Still precision attacking. Blitz a channel without being able to kill whs and turrets as they will all be inside minimum range and be untargetable.. so wont bubble base. Great bounty strategy. Go striaght to op without worrying about doing enough damage to cause a bubble.
    As ive now given the secret away i might as well build 2 like this and 1 mortar one to kill op from the rim if the missile ones fail hehe.

Range increases don't increase the minimum range though.  So in actuality you end up with a fairly decent size donut.
  • Templar614
    Templar614

75 + 30% = 97.5
    76 + 30% = 98.8

75 + 39% = 104.25
    76 + 39% = 105.64

105.64 - 104.25 = 1.39

The minimum range stays at 75. It does not increase when adding range extending buffs.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,869

Aah. Oh course. Ty templar.

Was typing that at 2 am. Uk gmt lol. Tired brain i spose.
    I forgot minimum doesnt extend.

75 - 76 with no specials
    75 - 98.5 with a 30% special
    75 - 105.64 with scope as well.

That should visualise it for the community

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord

Aah. Oh course. Ty templar.

Was typing that at 2 am. Uk gmt lol. Tired brain i spose.
    I forgot minimum doesnt extend.

75 - 76 with no specials
    75 - 98.5 with a 30% special
    75 - 105.64 with scope as well.

That should visualise it for the community

Hull is equipped with a 35% pen range boost too...
  • HARDLAND
    HARDLAND
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 320

Anti mortar evasion??

• Templar614
    Templar614
    HARDLAND said:

Anti mortar evasion??

It is a redundant stat and is being removed.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

75 + 30% = 97.5
    76 + 30% = 98.8

75 + 39% = 104.25
    76 + 39% = 105.64

105.64 - 104.25 = 1.39

Range increases don't increase the minimum range though.  So in actuality you end up with a fairly decent size donut.
    This. In the old days, it was a thing. Minimum used to increase too. But it got changed. IIRC, any way. I think it used to be a thing. 

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    HARDLAND said:

Anti mortar evasion??

It is a redundant stat and is being removed.
    Wrong Stat, actually. Redundant would be if it listed the same thing twice. 

Just saying.

Sorry for the Grammar Nazi impulse!!!!!!!