Raid Start/End Times - Ridiculous

PFBG SDS7
PFBG SDS7
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 215
The start and end times for this raid are ridiculous.. It starts 10pm my time today, I'll be at work until 12 and have to get up early for house showings Thursday so that's the early part of my next day gone, so that's already 2 raid days lost for me personally, and for many others in that country that's already getting kinda late in the day for them as well(8-5 jobs)... The raid ends Sunday at 10pm(of course I'll be at work) which means I'll have no Sunday night to work on it and then I'll have no Monday to work on it now because the raid ends Sunday night, same as last raid... I work every day Wednesday through Sunday 4pm-12am/1am which means I'll have some time before I go to work, and some time after I get home, no time Sunday night, basically no time Wednesday/Thursday, and no Mondays now. So I HAVE to do my ENTIRE raid Friday morning/mid-day then at night, and Saturday morning/mid-day and then again at night. I effectively have 2 DAYS to get how many points? What the f*ck is the point in even starting the raid Wednesday at 10pm and ending it Sunday at 10pm? You're cutting off the raid early for a lot of people(US) on the weekend as well? You're screwing with all your American players on 2nd shifts and European players with these weird **** start/end times...
Fork Your Opinion
DEADLY SINNER
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    PFBG SDS7 said:
    The start and end times for this raid are ridiculous.. It starts 10pm my time today, I'll be at work until 12 and have to get up early for house showings Thursday so that's the early part of my next day gone, so that's already 2 raid days lost for me personally, and for many others in that country that's already getting kinda late in the day for them as well(8-5 jobs)... The raid ends Sunday at 10pm(of course I'll be at work) which means I'll have no Sunday night to work on it and then I'll have no Monday to work on it now because the raid ends Sunday night, same as last raid... I work every day Wednesday through Sunday 4pm-12am/1am which means I'll have some time before I go to work, and some time after I get home, no time Sunday night, basically no time Wednesday/Thursday, and no Mondays now. So I HAVE to do my ENTIRE raid Friday morning/mid-day then at night, and Saturday morning/mid-day and then again at night. I effectively have 2 DAYS to get how many points? What the f*ck is the point in even starting the raid Wednesday at 10pm and ending it Sunday at 10pm? You're cutting off the raid early for a lot of people(US) on the weekend as well? You're screwing with all your American players on 2nd shifts and European players with these weird **** start/end times...
    I'm sure many people did the survey last month and addressed that issue. I know I did. Obviously, the Survey was a very important game-improvement tool.......
    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • PFBG SDS7
    PFBG SDS7
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 215
    edited 13 Feb 2019, 8:30PM
    PFBG SDS7 said:
    I'm sure many people did the survey last month and addressed that issue. I know I did. Obviously, the Survey was a very important game-improvement tool.......
     :D  :D :D  very useful tool *clap clap clap* I know I certainly addressed the issue last raid as well.. People were used to the times the raids were set for YEARS. LITERALLY. WHY CHANGE IT?!
    Fork Your Opinion
    DEADLY SINNER
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,016
    Australia!
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    PFBG SDS7 said:
    PFBG SDS7 said:
     :D  :D :D  very useful tool *clap clap clap* I know I certainly addressed the issue last raid as well.. People were used to the times the raids were set for YEARS. LITERALLY. WHY CHANGE IT?!
    Australia!
    This. Apparently Australia is where Support is now or something. So, they can be working and online when the players are asleep that might need them.......
    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 830
    somebody always loses out on start/finish times for raids;  unfortunately for those that have had it good for the last 7 years, now you don't.   STOP WHINING
  • johnshaw666
    johnshaw666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 245
    UK 1 am ,berlin 2 am, so until 3 pm  (13h later)
    a normal worker cant playing BP lol kix fools dont get it

Tired of closed threads and over moderation? Join a new forum where conversation is welcomed!
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php
    its working as intended. (which in Kixeye terms means its broken and they cant fix it) 
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 562
    Oh noes, not the second shift/euro argument!  So, when folks working regular hours in the US, or living in Aus got the shaft, where was your outrage? Sorry, it's your turn to lose out.  Congratulations on the last few years where event times worked well for your schedule.

• SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 353
    edited 13 Feb 2019, 9:30PM
    Australia!
    What he said.   
    I hear Kix support for this game is there now; not sure that was always the case.  We've all experienced the fun during the first 2-4 hrs of many of the Raids. Imagine the grief if nobody was around to support the game when the raid kix'd off ( yes that was deliberate) 
    Besides the top Alliance will be done the raid in a couple of hrs since they have the hull already   

Edit:  Also.. tomorrow is the 14th... I would imagine a few pirates will be doing 'other things' and not raiding.
  • Coventry
    Coventry
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 342
    I heard SDS7 requested the raid time to be adjusted.
    Nope.
  • Rover48
    Rover48
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 22
    Coventry said:
    I heard SDS7 requested the raid time to be adjusted.
    LOL
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,414
    edited 14 Feb 2019, 1:25AM
    Not many people work second shifts.     The Raid starting and ending times, like all times, are set to accommodate as many people as possible.     
    No matter what times are set, there will always be some people it doesn't work out well for.     The best that can be done is to minimize that. 

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,386
    Not many people work second shifts.     The Raid starting and ending times, like all times, are set to accommodate as many people as possible.     

No matter what times are set, there will always be some people it doesn't work out well for.     The best that can be done is to minimize that. 
    ^^This... Nobody seemed to care when other people were inconvenienced by start times all those other years.

I will give Kix a little credit. Giving this start time another chance is a bold move after the seemingly clear dislike expressed by the community. They either didn't see enough of an activity drop off in the last raid, or are gathering a larger sample size.
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • coopers hawk
    coopers hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 103
    why is the raid starting on weds when it normaly starts on thurs where i am 17 hours ahead of normal start time 
  • Bobo of the High Seas
    Bobo of the High Seas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 608
    Why not make the Raid a giant TLC that you can start when you're ready but still has a very finite end time?  Can even make it co-op if you want to allow others to prep for their friends.

Ex. Click Activate and it runs for 72 hours but is available during a 5-day period?  Can't be aborted once activated.
  • GT2610
    GT2610
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 415
    Being a Aussie, I love that support is mostly now based in Australia and we now have a decent start time. Guess you can't please everyone, but pleasing me, works for me :) :) :) 
  • Lady-Owl
    Lady-Owl
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 18
    We are all in different time zones around the world.  Quit complaining and work with what you have.  I work 2nd shift in the USA and the start time is no problem to me.  
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,167

You forget this game has players from around the world
    Previously, players in countries other than the US were out of luck.
    You're not losing any raid time. The raid has exactly the same amount of time to compete in.
    The raid start/finish times were adjusted so the the AUSTRALIAN Kixeye staff members could wake up, have breakfast, commute to work and be available to fix any issues that occurred, rather than all you US bass players cry and moan about broken targets for hours until those Kixeye staffers got in to work.
    You've obviously missed that bit of information, or don't consider Australia a country of any importance. Well, wake up, because it IS a country of importance for Kixeye and that's why the change.

You need to learn time management like other players in other countries had to prior to the change.

By the way, both Australia, New Zealand & the Republic of Korea sent troops to Vietnam to help the US in that police action (it was never a declared war) and with less equipment and support, they did better than US troops man for man.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might. I will pick you up & break you in half, then throw you in the gutter where you belong.
  • carol.roberts.988926
    carol.roberts.988926
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 93
    I am sorry but contrary to popular belief the world dose not orbit the USA