WHAT CHANCE WILL BASES HAVE AFTER THIS NEW SHIP ISSUED

graham.coel
graham.coel
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2014 Posts: 250
I have just seen vids of the new ship. I fail to see how bases can be defended with the long range this ship has. I would think most players will be as devestated as their bases.
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 979
    Yep, Breachers are bad enough - this is a click and win hull for sure.
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    ParagonD said:
    Only thing a Base can do is have a Defense Fleet that can destroy those Basilisks before they get too many shots off. The Morts have like almost half a minute Reload Time, before Rank Bonuses and other Reload Reduction. 
    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • allanhaglund
    allanhaglund
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 25
    have already watched a base get hit with prize haul kix better come up with more land for people or it is going to be a joke 
  • Balrog-NH
    Balrog-NH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 466
    eeyup
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,016
    yup

the sky is falling

again
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    yup

the sky is falling

again
    Next month there will be a Turret or Defender that eats up the Basilisk, and that will be the big "the game is ending" issue.......
    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 215
    Could you use a Basilisk with the missiles to defend against itself?
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 850
    ParagonD said:
    Only thing a Base can do is have a Defense Fleet that can destroy those Basilisks before they get too many shots off. The Morts have like almost half a minute Reload Time, before Rank Bonuses and other Reload Reduction. 
    after rank/reload bonuses somewhere around 4 seconds I believe

Snoopy
  • klington
    klington
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 871

@Nick Heath said:
    d.scott.hewitt said:

ParagonD said:

after rank/reload bonuses somewhere around 4 seconds I believe

With the new siren crew 2sec. Lol

• TIMBERWOLF82
    TIMBERWOLF82
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 5
    have already watched a base get hit with prize haul kix better come up with more land for people or it is going to be a joke 
    sorry...it is going to be a joke ...have been for a very long time   
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,016
    bases will probably have the same chance as they did right after the <fill in any conqueror ship name here> came out
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • KrozeR
    KrozeR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 199
    Repair button is free  B)
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 102
    Saw one in FVF go against 3 arbalest II breachers and one witch doctor with emp module, basically froze and roasted the basilisk and 2 wardens with it, so it can be beaten in close range combat.  
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 726
    edited 14 Feb 2019, 8:40AM

You guys need to calm down it can be defeated. When a missile variant comes along i will update but for a spotter it isnt effective until we see a new sloth replacement.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,039

You guys need to calm down it can be defeated. When a missile variant comes along i will update but for a spotter it isnt effective until we see a new sloth replacement.
    Its not the common basehitting, where that hulls would have a big impact...thats the Bounty events, where you will have a significant advantage
    with that ships. You doesnt need to flatten a whole base to get the bounty. With the Basilisks, you get less damage as with Breachers only.
    Expect a increasing from the necessary bountypoints for the top items on the bounty prizelist...
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,167

@BadVenomHurricane said:

L114 pirate who redacts his guard fleet details vs a fleet that has 2 Tier 8 hulls in it.
    And what turret tech do you have?
    I'd like to see your battle reports next week where someone with 2 or 3 Breachers and 2 or 3 Basilisks visit.
    Hopefully by a top alliance.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might. I will pick you up & break you in half, then throw you in the gutter where you belong.
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 726

@BadVenomHurricane said:

L114 pirate who redacts his guard fleet details vs a fleet that has 2 Tier 8 hulls in it.
    And what turret tech do you have?
    I'd like to see your battle reports next week where someone with 2 or 3 Breachers and 2 or 3 Basilisks visit.
    Hopefully by a top alliance.

Sure will love to post a hit with 3 of them and some dreads :) You need to realise this hull has similar issues to msc. the salvo rate for the two using the missiles built for each is about the same thus you can practically shut down the missiles from landing unless you boost the projectile speed by a huge amount which lowers the damage making it ineffective. 
    The morts again can be shut down also similar fashion. 

I will post when i i get hit by 3 of them but from what i have seen they die easy and cant output enough to be effective. Best hits I have seen with them are sniping things from outside.