chaos

Red-Bull3
Red-Bull3
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 3
Has the chaos been fixed? It was supposedly not working correctly.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,679
    I do not agree with the not broken statement. However the second part is correct.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952

Which means the Chaos will just do zero damage per projectile.

In view of this is there going to be a fix?

I had heard somewhere that a fix had been applied so immediately started a BDN with all Chaos. Can you imagine how disappointed I'm going to be when it comes out of the oven and I discover that it does zero damage.

So a fix would be nice.

Can you please ask what the intentions are, if any, regarding the Chaos going forwards. Thanks.
    May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,599

I had heard somewhere that a fix had been applied so immediately started a BDN with all Chaos. Can you imagine how disappointed I'm going to be when it comes out of the oven and I discover that it does zero damage.

So a fix would be nice.

Can you please ask what the intentions are, if any, regarding the Chaos going forwards. Thanks.
    What kind of "fix" are you looking for? Whether or not it is working right, the numbers and stats equal the fact that "the choas will just do zero damage per projectile." You aren't asking for a "fix" - you're asking for an unprecedented buff to a weapon that has been surpassed by new tech and features. The chaos was essential in the days of passthrough, and those days are past. 

I'm sorry.... you "heard somewhere"? Yes, I can understand your disappointment, but can you also understand how silly that sounds? Can you imagine the disappointment of everyone else who scrapped their chaos ships because they understood the statements on passthrough and the direction of the game if it were suddenly changed to pacify the few who are under the impression it should be effective despite deflection values far surpassing its offensive capabilities?

Kix hasn't even officially acknowledged it being broken, and I think Templar's breakdown that even if it were working giving you the full damage output it'd be useless in today's game, so I can't imagine kix putting out any kind of buff that would suddenly revitalize an old weapon or any kind of statement regarding an antique weapon. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    Supposedly some of the damage types were not being applied. I think it was more a misunderstanding of damage values being displayed as double what they actually are, or some of the damage buffs not showing as being applied in the shipyard. However every time I checked it the numbers added up in combat, so I don't think it was ever broken.

The problem now is that it isn't any good. It was great when passthrough damage was still a thing because it was able to do 6 instances of passthrough with each projectile. The Chaos never broke deflection and with the removal of passthrough zero damage is possible. Which means the Chaos will just do zero damage per projectile.
    Except I did see it not work in Combat and reported as much........
    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

So a fix would be nice.

Especially since it was just offered in the Pillage Raid. 

And doubtful it was fixed, since they are now saying it was never broken, even though it was witnessed to be so in VXP Weekend Targets TWO CYCLES AGO
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

So a fix would be nice.

What kind of "fix" are you looking for? Whether or not it is working right, the numbers and stats equal the fact that "the choas will just do zero damage per projectile." You aren't asking for a "fix" - you're asking for an unprecedented buff to a weapon that has been surpassed by new tech and features. The chaos was essential in the days of passthrough, and those days are past. 

I'm sorry.... you "heard somewhere"? Yes, I can understand your disappointment, but can you also understand how silly that sounds? Can you imagine the disappointment of everyone else who scrapped their chaos ships because they understood the statements on passthrough and the direction of the game if it were suddenly changed to pacify the few who are under the impression it should be effective despite deflection values far surpassing its offensive capabilities?

Kix hasn't even officially acknowledged it being broken, and I think Templar's breakdown that even if it were working giving you the full damage output it'd be useless in today's game, so I can't imagine kix putting out any kind of buff that would suddenly revitalize an old weapon or any kind of statement regarding an antique weapon. 
    If they are not going to acknowledge it was ever broken, and thus never going to fix the problem, then it absolutely should NOT have been offered in the Pillage Raid just over a week ago........
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord

So a fix would be nice.

If they are not going to acknowledge it was ever broken, and thus never going to fix the problem, then it absolutely should NOT have been offered in the Pillage Raid just over a week ago........
    If you KNEW it was "broken" and KNEW they hadn't said anything, then it should have been an easy decision to avoid the prize altogether. It was a prize offered - near the bottom of the list - in a catch-up event, in a an event where "collectors" could purchase chests that could award them with any number of completely outdated hulls. It wasn't the main prize or billed as a must have. 

For argument's sake, if the chaos chaingun did exactly what it's blueprint said it does - it still does not change the fact that the 'per projectile' damage does not surpass most deflection values currently in the game.  
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

So a fix would be nice.

If you KNEW it was "broken" and KNEW they hadn't said anything, then it should have been an easy decision to avoid the prize altogether. It was a prize offered - near the bottom of the list - in a catch-up event, in a an event where "collectors" could purchase chests that could award them with any number of completely outdated hulls. It wasn't the main prize or billed as a must have. 

For argument's sake, if the chaos chaingun did exactly what it's blueprint said it does - it still does not change the fact that the 'per projectile' damage does not surpass most deflection values currently in the game.  
    I knew it was broken because I already had it, and had VERIFIED it was not working properly. {RIMSF}

GlitchEye refuses to acknowledge it was broken, indicating now it was never broken {through one of the people they have Moderating this Forum posting in this thread nothing was ever wrong with it, regardless of people observing it directly}, and offered it to more people within the last two weeks in a Raid.......

THAT is the problem.........
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord

So a fix would be nice.

I knew it was broken because I already had it, and had VERIFIED it was not working properly. {RIMSF}

GlitchEye refuses to acknowledge it was broken, indicating now it was never broken {through one of the people they have Moderating this Forum posting in this thread nothing was ever wrong with it, regardless of people observing it directly}, and offered it to more people within the last two weeks in a Raid.......

THAT is the problem.........
    Well, a forum Moderator is not an employee and they have been wrong before - and to quote him "I don't think it was ever broken," his opinion based on his own testing, hardly an official statement. 

So are you arguing simply out of principle, refusing to rest until they admit something is off on one of their items? Once again, based on the stats listed on the blueprint - Hypothetically; if it is currently broken and then fixed, it still does not change it is an ineffective weapon in today's game. 
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,231

So a fix would be nice.

There isn't anything to fix.

In the event that a projectile does not break deflection it results in zero damage.

Sure, the Chaos Chaingun does 120,000 damage per damage type. It is also split over 15 projectiles with each doing 8,000 per damage type.
    T7 Conquerors have at least 28,650 against every type of damage, meaning you need a 258% damage buff to overcome that with a single damage type.

So in other words, it will be VERY difficult to make the Chaos Chaingun break deflection against a T7 or T8 ship and ever more so when they start adding armor.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,098

A "fix" implies that something was broken

The chaos cannon was not broken - it was made obsolete by Refactor. 

Remember it fondly, but let it rest in peace

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,498
    In a sense it is "broken"-when they changes the stats on the game it essentially rendered it useless. There are a SIGNIFICANT number of weapons, crews, armors and specials currently in the game that are TOTALLY USELESS. Yet Kix keeps them in-likely for nostalgia. The entire group of researchable hulls have no value yet remain in the game. The GB arguably has SOME value since it can be used as a flagship for subs or other fleets. Sad thing is some of these items are not very old and Kixeye continues to render an increasing number of tech obsolete each month. More items in the game are useless or obsolete than are currently viable in my opinion.

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,196
    Due the min-damage going away the chaos can no longer damage a T8 hull and is no longer a viable weapon. 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,679
    and now there is no ballistic worth a **** that can go on curators...
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952

I FULLY understand the mechanics though it would seem I'm the victim of FAKE news. I just assumed that there must have been some changes made after reading the info from a "reliable source" and since the conquest yard had conveniently just completed latest build, I immediately started the Chaos version. Back to game now to work out the refit. :)

I suspect I'm not the only victim based upon the question being asked by the OP.
    May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Feb 2019, 7:09PM

So a fix would be nice.

In the event that a projectile does not break deflection it results in zero damage.

Sure, the Chaos Chaingun does 120,000 damage per damage type. It is also split over 15 projectiles with each doing 8,000 per damage type.
    T7 Conquerors have at least 28,650 against every type of damage, meaning you need a 258% damage buff to overcome that with a single damage type.

So in other words, it will be VERY difficult to make the Chaos Chaingun break deflection against a T7 or T8 ship and ever more so when they start adding armor.
    Okay. That is like the THIRD TIME. It IS broken. Or at least was. 

Unless the Skirmish VXP Weekend Targets months ago had over 10,000 Deflection......

I used the Chaos Chaingun on Conquerors in the last Assault Target VXP Weekend last Fall, to level them. They were damaging Ships in those Targets, which were vulnerable to Penetrating/Corrosive. As of the first VXP Weekend that had Skirmish Targets, they did ZERO Damage to Ships in those Targets. Indicating that at least Concussive/Explosive Damage was not being applied. Objective real-world testing.

Building a Strawman about the Refactor, and a different type of Target does NOT invalidate that real-world testing.

Regardless of who disagrees 

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

A "fix" implies that something was broken

The chaos cannon was not broken - it was made obsolete by Refactor. 

Remember it fondly, but let it rest in peace

SEE ABOVE
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    In a sense it is "broken"-when they changes the stats on the game it essentially rendered it useless. There are a SIGNIFICANT number of weapons, crews, armors and specials currently in the game that are TOTALLY USELESS. Yet Kix keeps them in-likely for nostalgia. The entire group of researchable hulls have no value yet remain in the game. The GB arguably has SOME value since it can be used as a flagship for subs or other fleets. Sad thing is some of these items are not very old and Kixeye continues to render an increasing number of tech obsolete each month. More items in the game are useless or obsolete than are currently viable in my opinion.

SEE ABOVE 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    The property that made is a desired weapon - passthrough - is no longer relevant to this game
    it is obsolete, as described above.  Kix keeps them in because their continued existence doesn't do any harm.
    obsolete items are a by-product of this game and support the game's business model.
    keeping hulls, weapons, armor relevant as the game moves on doesn't drive revenue.
    lack of revenue means no game.
    rejoice in the obsolescence of the chaos cannon because it is an example of how the game continues to be there for you every day.
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    The property that made is a desired weapon - passthrough - is no longer relevant to this game
    it is obsolete, as described above.  Kix keeps them in because their continued existence doesn't do any harm.
    obsolete items are a by-product of this game and support the game's business model.
    keeping hulls, weapons, armor relevant as the game moves on doesn't drive revenue.
    rejoice in the obsolescence of the chaos cannon because it is an example of how the game continues to be there for you every day.
    RIMSF
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    edited 13 Feb 2019, 8:23PM

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    RIMSF
    lol - does that really make you feel better about being wrong?
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    RIMSF
    lol
    LOL. I guess. Although illiteracy is a bad thing........
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    RIMSF
    lol
    you'll figure it out sooner or later, I'm sure
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    RIMSF
    lol
    Oh, I get you and a Mod are building a lovely Strawman to avoid the ACTUAL thing that IS  broken.

Have a nice day. 

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician

SEE ABOVE 
    It is not broken.
    RIMSF
    lol
    Oh, I get you and a Mod are building a lovely Strawman to avoid the ACTUAL thing that IS  broken.

Have a nice day. 

the chaos cannon isn't broken any more than the mauler hull is broken.
    it is obsolete
    deal with it.
  • Criminal Justices
    Criminal Justices
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 112
    SHUT UP!!!!!! You guys arguing too much that popping up in my notification list... WTF!!!! Stop fighting and GET YOUR D*MN A*S along...... Will you do that, please??? Jesus Christ!!!!
    Lopez
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    SHUT UP!!!!!! You guys arguing too much that popping up in my notification list... WTF!!!! Stop fighting and GET YOUR D*MN A*S along...... Will you do that, please??? Jesus Christ!!!!
    I'm done. People are intentionally ignoring the thing that is broke, by building a Strawman about the Refactor. 

Everyone have a nice day and a nice game.

Also, have you tried Decaf, Drone? 

• XziizX 2.0
    XziizX 2.0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 405
    It is amazing how an old tech been outdated due to updates of the game still is a discussion of been "broken". Does it break deflection "true" or "false". Answer is false, it does not break deflection hence it is not broke statement. It's like a whine of ironcads not able to do the 80 set in the raid. 
    Homesector: Nope. Sector visited: yes, and some more. Drac / Reaver hulls: Won some, some I didn't win. 
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord

So a fix would be nice.

Okay. That is like the THIRD TIME. It IS broken. Or at least was. 

Unless the Skirmish VXP Weekend Targets months ago had over 10,000 Deflection......

I used the Chaos Chaingun on Conquerors in the last Assault Target VXP Weekend last Fall, to level them. They were damaging Ships in those Targets, which were vulnerable to Penetrating/Corrosive. As of the first VXP Weekend that had Skirmish Targets, they did ZERO Damage to Ships in those Targets. Indicating that at least Concussive/Explosive Damage was not being applied. Objective real-world testing.

Building a Strawman about the Refactor, and a different type of Target does NOT invalidate that real-world testing.

Regardless of who disagrees 

Ok, so now we are getting somewhere. I believe you are right, in the sense that the refractor should not be an issue in the situation you are describing: Using chaos chainguns on PVE targets. 

However, just because it worked well against Assault ships in vxp does not mean you will see similar results against Skirmish ships - two completely different animals. I get that chainguns do all the damages but there are other variables at work. We don't know what those enemy ship's defenses were. If you look at the Manticore weapons, going against Assault ships, the damage value is much lower per projectile than the per projectile value of the batray/razortail (when you factor in damage and tact boosts). So it would make sense that the enemy Skirmish ships were designed with a much better defenses AND much higher Evade - both which could contribute significantly to causing the chaos to appear ineffective. 
    Additionally, if you look at the batrays and razortails, the gatling gun does deal similar damage as the chaingun, however there are so many boosts built into that fleet - my bat rays have +666% concussive damage along with inherent hull and flag boosts that would likely far eclipse the boosts afforded to conqueror fleets. 

I bet someone could do the math if you posted your conqueror chaingun build and compared it to the damage output of a fleet of bat rays. I know for a fact, that 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 bat rays sucked in targets - and those targets were designed for 4+Flag and all the boosts involved.