Players should be allowed to sell their fleets to other players at a price determined by Kixeye or at a higher price agreed to by both players. Since the transaction would have to go through kixeye, they should get 25% of the selling price and then credit the seller gold with the other 75%. In my opinion, this would be good for kixeye and the smaller players. The smaller players would be able to gain better fleets faster and kixeye would benefit from the sell and the update done to the fleets by the buyer.
Let me know if I am out in left field please!!