Players should be allowed to sell their fleets to other players instead of scraping them

Denton Snider
Denton Snider
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 81
Players should be allowed to sell their fleets to other players at a price determined by Kixeye or at a higher price agreed to by both players. Since the transaction would have to go through kixeye, they should get 25% of the selling price and then credit the seller gold with the other 75%.  In my opinion, this would be good for kixeye and the smaller players. The smaller players would be able to gain better fleets faster and kixeye would benefit from the sell and the update done to the fleets by the buyer. 

Let me know if I am out in left field please!!
  • Sewer_Shark_AT
    Sewer_Shark_AT
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 4
    Maybe even leasing a fleet to a fellow Alliance member.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,152
    You cant sell ships, because they are the property from KIXEYE. You own nothing.
    You only have the permit to play with the pixels from KIXEYE.
    You only pay to get things faster...you are paying for TIME.

So that idea is against the TOS.

Time to read the TOS...
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • Sewer_Shark_AT
    Sewer_Shark_AT
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 4
    yeah, kixeye seems to own a lot of it's players, all the smart ones have left
  • Denton Snider
    Denton Snider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 81
    You cant sell ships, because they are the property from KIXEYE. You own nothing.

Time to read the TOS...
    Time to read the comment again -  It says kixeye will determine the price and they take 25% of the price. Nothing can be done without kixeye permission. IF you don't think I can sell my base, you would be sadly mistaken. A person could buy it and I let them run the game from my log in. I wouldn't do that, but it can be done.

Time for you to think outside of the box and join the 21st century BlackShark
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 43
    edited 4 Feb 2019, 11:36PM

Time to read the TOS...
    Time to read the comment again -  It says kixeye will determine the price and they take 25% of the price. Nothing can be done without kixeye permission. IF you don't think I can sell my base, you would be sadly mistaken. A person could buy it and I let them run the game from my log in. I wouldn't do that, but it can be done.

Nope.  Sure, you could do that, but you'd be breaking Kix's TOS and therefore subject to how they deal with such things.  Bold mine, to highlight the relevant excerpt:
    Your Account. In order to access certain aspects of the Service, You may need to create an account (an "Account") on the Site or on Facebook, Google+, Apple iTunes, or another third-party platform authorized by us. If You access or download any portion of the Service through a third party, You will be subject to such third party's terms and conditions in addition to this Agreement. To create an Account, You must select a password and provide certain user information that may contain personally identifying information and payment account information ("User Information"). All User Information You provide us from time to time must be truthful, accurate, current, and complete. You agree to promptly notify us of any changes to Your User Information. Our Privacy Policy governs our collection, use, and storage of Your User Information. You are solely responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of Your Account credentials (i.e., Your Account password and login information) and maintaining the security of such information. You agree not to authorize any other person to use Your Account credentials to access the Service. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES AUTHORIZED OR PERFORMED USING YOUR ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS, WHETHER AUTHORIZED BY YOU OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACTUAL OR ALLEGED FRAUD, TRANSACTIONS INVOLVING VIRTUAL CURRENCY, AND UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS. You must notify KIXEYE immediately at [email protected] if: (1) You believe any of Your Account credentials have been obtained or used by any unauthorized person or (2) You become aware of any other breach or attempted breach of the security of the Service or Your Account. In order to use certain aspects of the Service, You may need certain equipment and/or hardware and You may need to download and update certain third-party software for which certain third-party fees may apply. You are solely responsible for any and all third-party fees that You may incur in connection with Your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, any fees for cellular data usage or Internet use. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT STORED OR HOSTED ON OUR SYSTEM AND THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO SUCH ACCOUNTS SHALL AT ALL TIMES BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF KIXEYE.
    Time to read the TOS, Denton.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,152
    edited 6 Feb 2019, 6:52AM

Time to read the TOS...

You remind me on the "supersmart" guys, which we had during the "glitchrepair" era.
    They did also think outside of the box:" That glitch is part from the game, so it must be allowed to use it...!"

If you "buy" a account from an other player, you are on the top list for the banhammer.
    It isnt allowed to share a player account with other players, smart boy.

BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame