OP 11. Extra defense platforms and land?

carl.wear.3
carl.wear.3
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,645
Normally with each outpost upgrade we gain 2 extra defense platforms and some more land tiles.
When we got OP 11, it was a partial release over time instead of getting everything at once which is what happened with previous OP releases.

When will the gradual release of OP 11 be completed so we get our 2 extra defense platforms and land tiles?
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

It may not have any more steps of release. We did get a third Portal, and Level Three for them.

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,231
    The extra Portal and Portal/Turret upgrades was the second half.

As far as I am aware there is nothing more planned for OP11 tech. 
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 854
    it was asked at the time of op 11 release if we were getting turrets and tiles increased and that was confirmed to be happening at a later date;   cannot say when that was but specifically remember it being mentioned
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256
    Normally with each outpost upgrade we gain 2 extra defense platforms and some more land tiles.
    When we got OP 11, it was a partial release over time instead of getting everything at once which is what happened with previous OP releases.

When will the gradual release of OP 11 be completed so we get our 2 extra defense platforms and land tiles?
    I doesnt think, that MORE turrets would be needed. You can simply make a balance with the damage, the new turrets will be able to do.
    The numbers of turrets doesnt matter. The damage does...

But i would love to have more landtiles to make more creative/different basedesigns.
    More Landtiles wouldn´t affect shipstats or turretstats...and the tiles are already there: we have watertiles!
    I guess, its only a off/on switch from watertile to landtile.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 573
    if you can't stop them with 24 Turrets an extra two won't make much of a difference ..What we need is level 8 Weapons that actually do some damage ..... B) B) B) B) B) B)
  • Makarovnik
    Makarovnik
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 230
    edited 22 Jan 2019, 6:56PM
    We could have a gazillion turrets per square inch and it wouldn't matter. As long as flattening bases remains the high draw with the mega whale coiners, Kixeye will find newer more creative ways to nerf defense. There is no profit in base defense (for them). Everyone who doesn't have megacoins to spend should just knuckle under and get used to being farmed, or join the waves of those who have already quit. Kixeye isn't going to change. Its on you the individual gamer to adapt or hit repair.
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 998
    edited 22 Jan 2019, 10:31PM
    Doesn't really matter what turrets you have - it's the weapons you have that make the difference.

Unless you've got great turret weapons, Breacher's will just roll through with little or no damage.

Game's been set for a good Defender fleet for a long time now - turrets just don't cut it on their own.

Haven't bothered with base defense for a while now, as there's always an uber Conq hull released that makes it redundant.

Happy to just hit repair and move on.
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    At the moment two more turrets would just wreck the bubble pads even more with how pitiful the armor increase lvl 3 portals got but more land tiles would be really nice.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,645
    Wow, Interesting responses to my post. 
    Can you guys not see the bigger picture here? Instead of asking why we didn't get the extra land and defense platforms like we normally did; you are going on about how we don'rt need 2 extra turrets. Basically you are saying we don't care. We don't want the extra turrets and land we usually get with a OP upgrade. Thats the message you guys are giving kixeye. So IF this was an accidental oversight on their part, WHY would they want to fix it when the players are saying they are perfectly happy with it? When the players don't care, then why should kixeye?
    Whats next? Future Op upgrades we no-longer get extra land and turrets due to players making it clear that they DON'T CARE about them? Just think about that.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@carl.wear.3 said:
    Can you guys not see the bigger picture here? Instead of asking why we didn't get the extra land and defense platforms like we normally did; you are going on about how we don'rt need 2 extra turrets. Basically you are saying we don't care. We don't want the extra turrets and land we usually get with a OP upgrade. Thats the message you guys are giving kixeye. So IF this was an accidental oversight on their part, WHY would they want to fix it when the players are saying they are perfectly happy with it? When the players don't care, then why should kixeye?
    Whats next? Future Op upgrades we no-longer get extra land and turrets due to players making it clear that they DON'T CARE about them? Just think about that.

^^^^^^^^^-------He's right, ya know.

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 252
    2 extra turrets and a few slabs of land wont stop you being a farm if you cant stop attackers with what you have now you aint gona ... guard fleet is where the win/lose button is 
  • davec415
    davec415
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,514
    If you have caustic catylist(which i don't) is a must have special for cryo adders or any corrosive weapon. Kixeye is not re-releasing it any time soon
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    I would appreciate 2-4 more land tiles. It is getting harder and harder to keep everything unsnippable due to the ever increasing range of shipboard weapons. Turrets would be nice but we did get the third portal so  I will let them slide (this time).
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256
    edited 23 Jan 2019, 3:33PM
    Even with the existing numbers of turrets, tier 8 conquerors have a very hard time to reach the OP.
    (Its also depending on the shipbuild...some die a horribly death, and some make it to the OP)

The tier 8 conquerors aren´t indestructible for tier 7 turretweapons, like tier 7 conquerors was for tier 6 turretweapons.
    (Remember the 2% damage they took during a baseattack, lol)

Imagine tier 8 turretweapons - which should DO more damage - on the existing mumbers of turrets.
    AND a tier 8 defenderfleet in your base. With that, the existing number of turrets should be just fine.

Now, i only want a lot more landtiles, because i hate cookie-cutter bases...and i want a loooooong channel with gazillion turns.  :D
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame