Number of active players

Hey kixeye, when I started this game YEARS ago there were 98,000 players on at any give time. Now, there are roughly 30,000.....all these changes are driving players away. STOP ADDING CRAP that requires more money. people arent interested. 98,000 vs 30,000....get the hint??
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,049
    edited 24 Jan 2019, 4:07AM
    The "Players Online" number isn't an indication of how many people are playing the game. It is how many people are signed into the Kixeye site. Any sort of argument or opinion based on that number to describe the health of the game is flawed and based on misconstrued data. 

Back in the day when you saw 98k players online, there were also 3 other games that were being supported on the Kixeye site. Two of which could only be played exclusively from the Kixeye platform, and now neither of them are hosted here any longer. And one of the games has been straight up retired.
  • John Goddard
    John Goddard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3
    The "Players Online" number isn't an indication of how many people are playing the game. It is how many people are signed into the Kixeye site. Any sort of argument or opinion based on that number to describe the health of the game is flawed and based on misconstrued data. 

Back in the day when you saw 98k players online, there were also 3 other games that were being supported on the Kixeye site. Two of which could only be played exclusively from the Kixeye platform, and now neither of them are hosted here any longer. And one of the games has been straight up retired.
    I wont slag the game off, but I have played since the very beginning, but now I have lost the will to play 7 days a week and put the cash in that is needed to keep up, but you are loosing players even if you dont wont to beleive it
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,049

I wont slag the game off, but I have played since the very beginning, but now I have lost the will to play 7 days a week and put the cash in that is needed to keep up, but you are loosing players even if you dont wont to beleive it
    Making a point on the misrepresentation of data leaves your argument fundamentally flawed regardless of if the argument itself is accurate. The point of my post was to provide the correct interpretation for the data being used for the foundation of this thread.
  • SWAT_SWAT
    SWAT_SWAT
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2
    i say there full of crap , 7 yrs ago it showed 3 million players down to 31k now ......your slowly killing battle pirates .......good job kixeye, good job not
  • Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 191
    edited 27 Jan 2019, 8:36PM
    SWAT_SWAT said:
    i say there full of crap , 7 yrs ago it showed 3 million players down to 31k now ......your slowly killing battle pirates .......good job kixeye, good job not
    I totally agree.  This new crap of only letting us use a defender ship or a conqueror to defend my base makes no sense at  all.  I want to have the freedom to choose what ships i want to defend my base with not  be made to chose a few ship types.   What sort of crap is this?
    You are pissing me off more and more with your stupid nonsensical decisions to limit my choices as a  player with no good reason!
    Tell me what the reasoning is behind keeping me from using any ship I want to be in my base fleet to protect MY BASE ?    It is supposed to be my base right ?   So why are you meddling in my choices ?    I would lay odds a lot more players are upset by this UN-NEEDED AND UN-WANTED CHANGE.   Is this change for change sake?  It seems like your micro managing the game is making it worse and worse  I go in and win a prize weapon and find out.   Oh by the way you can only use that weapon on one hull.   Why ?  its stupid. I wanted to put a big gun on a big ship and oh no that gun only works on one hull.  When did you have to start limiting the uses of weapons like cannons to a single hull that I don't have ?     You are taking the fun and adventure and experimentation out of the game.Thats what Swat Swat is talking about.   I use to play for hours  and hours  and you have slowly leached the fun away to the point where  i check in and do a few things and then check out.  I don't do the basic mission you use to have for a daily play because you first made it unplayable then you removed it.   How is that player friendly     Its not !  You are killing the game with your thoughtless changes.  They are making it harder and harder for lower level players to do anything.  Is  that your plan?  If so you are doing a bang up job.  As you kill more and more of the enjoyment in the game I along  with countless others are playing less and less or outright quitting.  You need to rethink some of these changes and reverse them.  There is no logical real reason to make me use only defender hulls or conqueror hulls in my base fleet.
    So please at least reverse this change.  I am getting tired of unneeded and unwanted change for change sake that dose not make my playing experience better but worse or more complicated !     I have been a player for years and you are slowly driving me away.  I have friends that have quit over this stuff.  SERIOUSLY !!!

Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    User id 520125, 
    OS Win Pro x64 Sp2 
    Adobe Flash 11.6.602.171
    Browsers: Mozilla 28.0 , Google Chrome  25.0.1364.97
    CPU  AMD Athlon ll x3 450 3.21GHz, 7.50 GB of ram.
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Video Card