Official VXP Battlegrounds Discussion

• Chorey McChorepirate
    Chorey McChorepirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 162
    So if we just want to die in VXP targets, do we hit the 100s?

"Wait...  You mean to tell me that we can hit other player's bases?  But who has time for that?"
  • Capt-Howdy 420
    Capt-Howdy 420
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6
    They don't care they hope someone will pay coin this weekend that all the care about so do not waste your comments not going to help 

• AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,594
    Lol just look at the Rare Crew chest. Death from Above and Molotov Maiden HAHAHAHAHA. DFA is absolutely useless and the silver MM is literally the same thing as the bronze MM just slightly longer.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • Skippy414
    Skippy414
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 91
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 3:25AM
    What exactly does this mean ??

the Siege Targets pay out the SAME VXP as their bonus amount;

tier 9 is 15k bonus for the set
    tier 8 is 2.5k bonus for set

does that mean 15k vxp for tier 9 target? is that total for the fleet or per boat??
    or is that incorrect?

• David Gilmore CN
    David Gilmore CN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 65
    CM Chris said:
    T00T said:

Briefing says Unidentified Raiders Skirmish (10) will drop VXP Defender Tokens x3

Right...

Oops. 10 and 100 got flipped. Fixed!

Does anyone at Kixeye actually play BP?????? We just finished a raid followed by a week with 2 TLCS, the FM heavily overloaded with new content and now instead of a simple vxp we have this load of rubbish....absolute BS
    I mean - this is the exact same VXP weekend you've always had following a Raid and even leaves the valuable targets out for longer - it now just has more options for tokens if you want them. You don't need to engage with the additional part of the activity if you don't want to - but it's there and probably beneficial for ranking up your hulls if you do.
    YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION DUMMY DO YOU PLAY BATTLE PIRATES ? OR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS FUKING THE GAME UP PLAY ? I think you all are just to stupid to play hell you cant even write code and make it work.
  • kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 566
    Ok... so what you're saying is: Instead of suiciding my ships in the siege vxp targets for vxp and brutally long repair times, I can hit targets with my fully built batrays, the gifted betrays, razor tails and eradicators, while still earning some vxp for my eradicators and accumulate points to redeem more eradicator vxp tokens? And then I can just stop when I am fully ranked.. unless I want leaderboard props?

I think i'm good with that.

Me too... Id love to gain potentially 52 vxp tokens damaging fleets that would normally just sit in my dock. 52 at a cost of 20k points each and  because i probably cant kill the siege targets with unfinished unranked ships, 52 tokens without getting a set bonus. I'm sure the skirmish targets will be tuned for minimal damage and I can reduce the tokens needed by suiciding my siege fleet at full repair cost.. Only 5 coins a ship without sacrificing a gm crew which are easily rolled and add little time to my fun times of other chores.

Kudos Kixeye I applaud you on a well thought out well devised event that will succeed in making lots of coins for you.
  • Espace Battle Pirate
    Espace Battle Pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 216
    it a interesting twist but it seem like more content i just want a simple suicide my hull and get the vxp to rank my hulls i dont mind spending the coin just want to get it done dont need another event but that just my two cents as the game is taking too much seat time and i do have a life outside of battle pirates dont get me wrong i like the game just dont need more chores or events to make me happy. If you want to make me a happy do a special event to where we can collect older blue prints as i am missing about 10 or 12 of the older blue prints and i am one of the ppl that like to have everything, even though i wont need it i just like the idea of having it.

Now that is a event i would welcome and would do and lol spend coins on as i want all the blue prints i am missing, but that is just me. 
    Skilled Warrior
    Well this is the event for you... bacon collector crates.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,251
    Ok... so what you're saying is: Instead of suiciding my ships in the siege vxp targets for vxp and brutally long repair times, I can hit targets with my fully built batrays, the gifted betrays, razor tails and eradicators, while still earning some vxp for my eradicators and accumulate points to redeem more eradicator vxp tokens? And then I can just stop when I am fully ranked.. unless I want leaderboard props?

Me too... Id love to gain potentially 52 vxp tokens damaging fleets that would normally just sit in my dock. 52 at a cost of 20k points each and  because i probably cant kill the siege targets with unfinished unranked ships, 52 tokens without getting a set bonus. I'm sure the skirmish targets will be tuned for minimal damage and I can reduce the tokens needed by suiciding my siege fleet at full repair cost.. Only 5 coins a ship without sacrificing a gm crew which are easily rolled and add little time to my fun times of other chores.

Kudos Kixeye I applaud you on a well thought out well devised event that will succeed in making lots of coins for you.
    It is actually pretty well thought out... being able to use previous cycle's ships and making it into an event where there will be coiners dying to see their names in lights and all the while having the same vxp targets and set ups as they usually do for the people who can't be assed to damage fleets that would normally sit in their dock.  
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
    Skilled Warrior

It is actually pretty well thought out... being able to use previous cycle's ships and making it into an event where there will be coiners dying to see their names in lights and all the while having the same vxp targets and set ups as they usually do for the people who can't be assed to damage fleets that would normally sit in their dock.  
    I'll not be trying them out.. I'll rank the ships I need and be done with it.. BUT if you feel the need to get extra damage on ships you don't need to rank.. I hope you enjoy coining those extra repairs. I'm done commenting you have your opinion I have mine.
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,396
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 6:20AM
    Not sure what everyone is upset about. 
    We will have the standard way of ranking ships by suiciding them into targets.  This is usually pretty costly. 
    We will also be able to hit known targets ( skirmish ) to earn VXP tokens for our seige fleets. This seems much much cheaper to me. 
    Unless theres something I'm missing, this could be the best VXP event yet. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Mors Pawlit
    Mors Pawlit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 73
    Looks good! keep it up! (or get rid of vxp all together :smile:
  • Top598
    Top598
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 433
    Fractal said:
    Not sure what everyone is upset about. 
    We will have the standard way of ranking ships by suiciding them into targets.  This is usually pretty costly. 
    We will also be able to hit known targets ( skirmish ) to earn VXP tokens for our seige fleets. This seems much much cheaper to me. 
    Unless theres something I'm missing, this could be the best VXP event yet. 
    As a guess I would say its the thought that there will be players who will get more "stuff" than others.

Personally I see this as a good thing for me. Instead of suiciding/repairing and not much else in between, I've now got other options but at the very least I can still suicide for the same VXP. I wont spend the coin it takes to be in the top 50 in events so I dont bother trying. If I get some downtime this weekend then 100% ill be using BATS/RAZORS to farm the skirmish targets for any extras I can get. 
    No tolerance for idiots
  • SecondTime
    SecondTime
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 267
    GT2610 said:
    All about the coin now with weekly events, my days are coming to a end very fast, shame your killing such a great game, but sure there are still lot left who will donate some coin, i just can't see the fun in logging in and hitting the blitz button, but i guess everyone has a different idea of fun............ here's a tip to the blitzers take that coin you spend on blitzing and put it in a slot machine atleast you have a chance of winning from those crooks.

no one said you have to change your way of play keep doing what you can that's what i do . who cares if they (coiners) have a steady wave of over load we do what we can and let them spend the coins to be top dog of what? base hitting ? tlc / events where will that get them i say to the point where they got hit each other as the rest of us can chug alone and be happy.
  • suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 154
    sooo looking at the prize list wow hull specific vxp tkens and rogue crews ...... well the vxp is a joke we can usualy get our hulls ranked on any given vxp weekent or cooking tokens in gantry and for the rogue crews we can spin those for uranium and ditch the **** ones we dont want ..... and you **** are wanting to turn a mostly free aspect of the game into a pay to win feature for anyone stupid enough to pay ?
    OK.... Who got the weed ?
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 932
    If I understand the format correctly, I think its a positive step. My understanding is that I can collect vxp tokens and save them for when a ship completes building, it means that I don't have to rush that last Erad out of the sy.

If I am correct in my thinking, my only observation, is that once again its all been made overly complicated. For me the easiest way if they wanted to take this route, would have been to just do Siege, skirmish, assault and garrison tokens rather than hull specific.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,552
    Jagang50 said:
    I could quite possibly be still half asleep, and not understanding what has so many players all riled up.

However to me this event looks pretty ok.

If i have shrike shells to rank, i can throw them in and suicide them like usual.

If i don't have the shells built yet, i can use full skulled fleets, at my leisure, and on auto, and earn some points, slow repair.
    Then use the hopefully easily accrued points, to hoard tokens for the shrike (depending on what caps are on tokens). Then rank my shrike as and when they are built, meaning i don't have to rush out shells as soon as i gain a blue print, and can carry on building and finishing a fleet i am working on.

Then if i have left over points, i can hoard some more tokens for fleets i am yet to build, or finish ranking.
    Or get some crews.

Or i can just ignore the event, and happily carry on, knowing i am not missing out on new tech.
    But also knowing the heavy coiners will continue to make the game free.

Seems to me to be a big improvement.
    i agree with you on most my problem is if you dont have shells to suicide then the amount of target you have to hit to claim the tokens is well over twice the amount of targets required to get the new tech out of last raid oh and no half repair and only half the time to do it
  • LSD68
    LSD68
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 101
    wow, one communication and you already managed to screw it up with 2 major mistakes... I see that you take quality and communication very serious.

• Flipper13
    Flipper13
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 77
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 1:18PM
    I understand the sell point that this is intended to help in some way with additional seat or auto time, but much like the change in the start of the last raid time, just leave well enough alone. For me, suiciding into the high level targets for rank was working just fine. Players with higher level more complete fleets had fun destroying the targets etc. The best way to help players gain rank faster is to half the repair time on the normal VXP weekend, not make it into an additional somewhat confusing (at this point) event. I just want some additional rank on my erads dudes, not a new project to embark on for a weekend.

From what I understand of CM Chris' reply, hitting the siege 98 target should provide the same rank as the now former 88. So I guess I will strap on a salty dog and give that a go, hope for the best as usual.
  • kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,552
    Flipper13 said:
    I understand the sell point that this is intended to help in some way with additional seat or auto time, but much like the change in the start of the last raid time, just leave well enough alone. For me, suiciding into the high level targets for rank was working just fine. Players with higher level more complete fleets had fun destroying the targets etc. The best way to help players gain rank faster is to half the repair time on the normal VXP weekend, not make it into an additional somewhat confusing (at this point) event. I just want some additional rank on my erads dudes, not a new project to embark on for a weekend.

From what I understand of CM Chris' reply, hitting the siege 98 target should provide the same rank as the now former 88. So I guess I will strap on a salty dog and give that a go, hope for the best as usual.
    since the new team came in nothing and i mean nothing they do is for the players everything is for the bean counters its that simple
  • DoomsdayRebel_X
    DoomsdayRebel_X
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,957
    Doesn't appear to be an event to me. Rank what you need get boot on the side. I'm cool with these percs, they are letting us unlock tokens for what we'd be doing ranking anyway.  Thanks team.
  • reidid34
    reidid34
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 137
    this "raid" is a great idea to stop the use of salty dogs :) lol