Official VXP Battlegrounds Discussion

• zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 286
    MMMMk so now i needa conquest yard - upgraded a few times to build a defending fleet assuming i win something sorda current tech. Ya know - if i coined it out either way a year inna bubble would be much more cost effective if ya gets me drift
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 286
    Meanwhile.... @ lvl 80 and finding out i can hit up and get hit by lvl's 130 with them lvl 741 fleets i suddenly find meself w/o a defending fleet. Just keep loosing more after each event update. Coined stuff before nerfed out within a month - never more.....
  • SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 316
    ParagonD said:
    Ordinarily I'm one of the games biggest critics........................but I actually prefer this VXP format, although it isn't without its flaws.

The biggest flaw has to be hull specific targets. I've got no problem with class specific targets (e.g. siege or skirmish), but a lot of players won't have the necessary fleets to complete a tier set for the bonus. And some will have recycled older hulls like the Tideseeker or Hunter MK1, especially with the free Batray fleet.

The other big flaw has to be the noticeable lag or slowdown for this VXP weekend. I'm having to constantly refresh to keep the game from locking up.

But that said, being able to claim tokens for future hulls is a massive bonus. My Brutal Erad still has 2 days build time, so I thought I'd missed out this weekend - but I've been able to stockpile a few tokens for when it's finished.

So I think the format is a good one, but does need tweaking if it's used in future. 
    I agree with you mostly.   One problem you likely haven't seen is how many tokens you are going to need to rank that new ship of your's once it's built.   After grinding a getting a "few" I think you might be a little disappointed what 1 token actually does to 1 ship; when you figure you have 5 to rank.
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 976
    ParagonD said:
    Ordinarily I'm one of the games biggest critics........................but I actually prefer this VXP format, although it isn't without its flaws.

The biggest flaw has to be hull specific targets. I've got no problem with class specific targets (e.g. siege or skirmish), but a lot of players won't have the necessary fleets to complete a tier set for the bonus. And some will have recycled older hulls like the Tideseeker or Hunter MK1, especially with the free Batray fleet.

The other big flaw has to be the noticeable lag or slowdown for this VXP weekend. I'm having to constantly refresh to keep the game from locking up.

But that said, being able to claim tokens for future hulls is a massive bonus. My Brutal Erad still has 2 days build time, so I thought I'd missed out this weekend - but I've been able to stockpile a few tokens for when it's finished.

So I think the format is a good one, but does need tweaking if it's used in future. 
    What tokens for Brutal Era ?
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 949
    edited 19 Jan 2019, 10:53PM
    ParagonD said:

Hi hanz

Brutal Eradicator VXP tokens from the prize store - managed to get all 5 of the 10000 VXP tokens (are smaller VXP tokens too):

No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 949
    SixOfNine said:
    ParagonD said:

I agree with you mostly.   One problem you likely haven't seen is how many tokens you are going to need to rank that new ship of your's once it's built.   After grinding a getting a "few" I think you might be a little disappointed what 1 token actually does to 1 ship; when you figure you have 5 to rank.
    I hear you - the VXP tokens don't go far, that's for sure.

But I figure if I can get between 30 & 45% VXP rank, it'll be better than nothing - especially given the Erad needs reload buffs to make it worthwhile with no splash or shockwave damage.

Think another problem is the repair times for older hulls - fleet of old Tides with a Harlock Tide take forever compared to a lot of newer hulls.
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • RIDDLER463
    RIDDLER463
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14
    Just one more nail in the coffin of killing this game. nice job on not listening to your customers and total screwing up a VXP weekend. When will you guys wake up and start listening? 
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Just one more nail in the coffin of killing this game. nice job on not listening to your customers and total screwing up a VXP weekend. When will you guys wake up and start listening? 
    28980 online now,thats sad for a "vxp weekend".not more to say i think.
  • maddad
    maddad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 493
    ParagonD said:
    ParagonD said:

Hi hanz

Brutal Eradicator VXP tokens from the prize store - managed to get all 5 of the 10000 VXP tokens (are smaller VXP tokens too):

JUST A LITTLE FYI.IF YOU USE A SILVER SALTY CREW AND KILL ONLY THE HULKS THEN DIE KILLING A TURRET YOU GET BIG VXP.I DID THE HULK KILLING WITH A NO ARMOUR BRUTAL AND NO ARMOUR NORMAL ERAD(2 SHIPS) AND GOT 25K VXP PER HIT,CHEAPER THAN THE VXP TOKENS BTW
  • arnast
    arnast
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 818
    Why on earth did you turn of the daily tlc's there's no raid only your stupid vxp so called thing so they should still be on :(
  • Captain_Jack_Aubrey
    Captain_Jack_Aubrey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 87
    Folks, the sad answer is that they aren't listening, or they don't care...or both. Apparently they needed to monetize VXP. Might even be the last place they could go to try to squeeze more money out of the game - they don't care whether we like it or not. They just need the money.

It's the sad truth. :/

I hope that the game will last another 6-12 months. 

But I fear that it may not last that long.
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 152
    edited 20 Jan 2019, 12:18AM
    how are we suppose to rank conquoror hulls and the lurker?
    can't hit any of the vxp targets.

• hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    how are we suppose to rank conquoror hulls and the lurker?
    can't hit any of the vxp targets.

conq vxp can be reaserch at R&D and for defenders you can win tokens wen kill 98s i think.
  • Ramraider5
    Ramraider5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 24
    i really want to know why the hell is there skirmish targets up on a Siege ranking weekend,,,with a 2 star salty crew 9k ranking points on a flt ...oy Kixeye ,,,wake up.. not all your players have time to do your little bonus events ,,,the ropes getting longer towards you hanging yourselves and killing the game off altogether ...8 years  of giving  you chance after chance to get it right ..but you never listen to what your customers want ..with the player base growing smaller and smaller ...i bet you didnt adjust your profits targets based on players in the game ..just sling more rubbish in every week to try and hit the targets you greedy people want ,,,only way your going to listen is if all players boycott an event and dont spend a penny ..you would soon wake up then or pull the plug and stop all this messing around you have been doing for the last 3 years
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 413
    So no Plain VXP tokens?  Like Defender, or Conqueror.. Seems this extra event was useless... Another thing added to all the crap we already have to do.. 
  • Brotherhigh
    Brotherhigh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 160
    Well what can i say that hasn't allready been said,i did the 100 and 102 just a little more damage than previous raid,but i could not kill the 98 and i tried 4 times still no kill so i gave up,if the 98 is anything to go by i wont be doing next raid,the damage was incredible,those flame throwers ripped my fleet apart,and those long range cannons (forgot there name ) done a lot more damage than they should have.
    BH
  • McSwabby
    McSwabby
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 11
    So...  summary of all the above:

Congratulations Kixeye.  In changing the VXP weekends, you have successfully ignored the golden rule of game design and development:  if something works...  DO NOT KIX IT UP!   

There's no way this game is going to last another year at this rate.  It's impossible for new players to make it on their own, and existing players continually get shafted.  
  • USAF-96
    USAF-96
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 38
    Kix screwed the pooch with this laughable VXP experience. The 100 URS was not providing close to previous VXP weekends, nice job. Please send me a survey regarding this fiasco
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 503
    USAF-96 said:
    Kix screwed the pooch with this laughable VXP experience. The 100 URS was not providing close to previous VXP weekends, nice job. Please send me a survey regarding this fiasco
    try the 98s they are the same as last months
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 257
    Need to take the limit off the inventory capacity for redeemed vxp tokens.   For example, the limit for Erad tokens is 5.  The benefit of this vxp format was the ability to gain vxp without having all the hulls built.   Five tokens not going to cut it for my last two erad hulls which still need to be built.  PLease remove the inventory limit.

How long will be the redemption period?  If a week, then may not be an issue.  If a day, then I will be forced to coin erads just to use the points from the event.  If I was going to coin the hulls, the old format would have been cheaper with less seat time.  
  • kixeyeuser_70218677
    kixeyeuser_70218677
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9
    the damage in the 100 and 102 sets is ramped up, Kix seriously what were you thinking i have seen 4 high lvl players quit and scrap bases over this event

Its a blatant coin grab and this directly after a raid is getting too much
  • carol.roberts.988926
    carol.roberts.988926
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 66
    How about refund of coin for those who followed thr stiki at top of game and used exseve gold on 100s for VXP
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,242
    edited 20 Jan 2019, 7:21AM
    My 2 cents-I find this type of event OK IF and only IF it was half repair. The damage is far too high for this to be enjoyable. The 98 target puts out WAY too much damage. IF you don't have a fully ranked Eradicator Flag and fleet forget it-too much damage otherwise. THe lvl 80 target while less damage is still too much to make it worth the payout. It was indicated we could do the 80 with Fangs-nope-because you guys INSISTED on giving the Protos unlimited Thermal and the other ships have thermal that far outranges your Fangs range-it makes it far too damaging to the Fangs. There is no enjoyment here-damage is just too high and the prices on many
    tokens ridiculous for what you get. And lets not start on the Rogue Crew chests. That Kixeye is not a slap in the face that is a baseball bat to the back of the head-it isn't even realistic. 200K points for a 2 star Rogue Crew or maybe a 3 star one that's useless like the majority of crews these days? I don't get why you treat the players like this. It surely appears that you couldn't care any less about the players at times. And now in a few days still ANOTHER EVENT-Bounty? What is the deal with you? Do you think players are made out of money? You cater to the 1% on this game to the point where the rest of us feel less and less wanted every day.
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 158
    Will the REWARD STORE close at the end of the event? 
  • Louis Kakascik
    Louis Kakascik
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 367
    ty kixeye for saving me money and shedding some light on things. I planned on coining shrike so they were ready but after seeing the way vxp functions I will keep that money. No need to coin a fleet I cant rank
  • Six006
    Six006
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 2
    Dear Kixeye, This has been the absolute WORST VXP event EVER....!
    What happened to easing up on content? 
    It seems as though you just want to fleece every player, of their hard earnt $ with every new event. 
    I guess if you want to push people away, your strategy is perfect. Just keep going this way and only the whales will be playing!!!
  • Chop_1BoB
    Chop_1BoB
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 14
    As Chris said, the regular vxp wknd hasn't changed. The extra stuff is a bonus. I can use my bats to help rank my erads. If you want to approach the wknd as usual, do so. If you want to go for tokens, do so.  Why all the whining? What am I missing here?
    BRING YOUR PRETTY FACE TO MY AXE!!!!
  • Chop_1BoB
    Chop_1BoB
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 14
    Speak up emil! wtf am I missing? You "dislike" my input but offer no criticism.
    BRING YOUR PRETTY FACE TO MY AXE!!!!
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 220
    Chop_1BoB said:
    As Chris said, the regular vxp wknd hasn't changed. The extra stuff is a bonus. I can use my bats to help rank my erads. If you want to approach the wknd as usual, do so. If you want to go for tokens, do so.  Why all the whining? What am I missing here?
    But it did change.  The 100 target at the Nav Relays isn't the high-vxp payout target it's always been.  Many have wasted time, crews and coin figuring that out, which was not clear in the briefing.   We work on our fleets to be prepared for an event only to find out something was changed, badly explained, buffed or nerfed to the point where we aren't actually prepared.  This is just one more in a growing list of undesired events featuring more over-complication of simple game mechanics.   Personally I think more choices are always good, but VXP Weekend was a staple of game advancement that didn't need this overhaul.
  • David.C
    David.C
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 29
     Level 100 only spawns from Friday 9am - Sunday 9am, So at 8:30 no targets? I guess lying comes easy to some!!!