Official VXP Battlegrounds Discussion

CM Chris
CM Chris
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,454
Discuss VXP Battlegrounds in this thread!
WC:RA/BP Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,572
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 12:01AM

Briefing says Unidentified Raiders Skirmish (10) will drop VXP Defender Tokens x3

Right...

• VogonPoet
    VogonPoet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 233
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 12:07AM
    tldr. I just want to skull my erad flag. Outside of that sooooo not interested.

edit: spelling.
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 12:14AM
    T00T said:

Briefing says Unidentified Raiders Skirmish (10) will drop VXP Defender Tokens x3

Right...

Oops. 10 and 100 got flipped. Fixed!

Does anyone at Kixeye actually play BP?????? We just finished a raid followed by a week with 2 TLCS, the FM heavily overloaded with new content and now instead of a simple vxp we have this load of rubbish....absolute BS
    I mean - this is the exact same VXP weekend you've always had following a Raid and even leaves the valuable targets out for longer - it now just has more options for tokens if you want them. You don't need to engage with the additional part of the activity if you don't want to - but it's there and probably beneficial for ranking up your hulls if you do.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

So, there are the Tokens people have been clamoring for. Looks like just Tokens, Crew, or Bacon Chests. The Bacon Chests the ones that had the older Hull Blueprints for completionists?

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 503
    well at least there is no must haves in there so i can just finnish ranking my fleet and be done with it 
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

The regular VXP Targets are NOT Siege?!?!?

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@T00T said:

Right...

1. Maybe was originally a typo? Or you misread?
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,572

@T00T said:

Right...

1. Maybe was originally a typo? Or you misread?
    CM Chris fixed it, see above.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@john.dean.1291421 said:
    Does anyone at Kixeye actually play BP?????? We just finished a raid followed by a week with 2 TLCS, the FM heavily overloaded with new content and now instead of a simple vxp we have this load of rubbish....absolute BS

And, we cannot even normally lelvel the Siege Fleets we are building. The Targets are from the last Cycle, not this one. They basically just called this Raid a VXP Weekend. Instead of "January Token Raid". There should be 88 level Siege Targets, for directly leveling Eradicators and Shrikes.

Kind of stupid that to XP your Raid Fleets you need to use last Cycle Raid Fleets, then buy Tokens for this Raid Cycle's Ships.

• trumpocalypse
    trumpocalypse
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 32
    This has to be clarified. So the only Siege targets are involved in the battleground and they pay out VXP equal to WHAT???????????????
  • kixeyeuser_1367470919448_18903_1935521139
    kixeyeuser_1367470919448_18903_1935521139
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 19
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 1:11AM
    SO EVERYTHING IS AN EVENT/RAID NOW?. VXP, FM, THE MONTH EVENT, EVERY TARGET HAS A BLITZ OPTION. BOY KIXEYE ,YOU HAVE THE BEST **** PLAYER BASE A FLASH GAME COULD EVER WANT. YOU MOVE THE GOAL POSTS ONE A WEEK. YOU REINVENT EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME DAILY. YOU NERF SO MUCH YOU MIGHT HAVE CEASE AND DESIST LETTERS FROM HASBRO. 
  • Coventry
    Coventry
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 341
    Holy wall of text Batman!
    Nope.
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Sorry, the low level VXP-Only Targets that were originally labeled as Skirmish targets had their name corrected to "Raider Fleets". Those are standard.

If you are looking to rank up your Siege ships, you should attack the Siege targets. Last month's VXP targets were just renamed - the 98=88 and the 58 still equals the 58. However, if you want to just accrue VXP by suiciding ships as has been the approach in the past, nothing has changed about the possibility of that approach.
  • Shadow527
    Shadow527
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 635
    "VXP-Only Targets begin spawning at the same time as Battleground begins. The level 100 VXP-Only Target stops spawning at 9:00AM PST on Sunday, when Battlegrounds ends. The remainder of VXP-Only Targets stop spawning on Monday at 9:00AM PST."

Am i reading this correctly? The 100 VXP target thats normally 36hrs will be 48hrs this time??
  • Dave Martin
    Dave Martin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 474
    can kixeye explain this? this is almost as bad as the math u use? so if i use a skirmish fleet i only get skirmish points to use on skirmish prizes? meaning on top of another raid grinding for points... the points are hull specific and can only be used for certain hulls?

or the targets are tuned for specific hulls but can be used for anything?? 

please clarify...

• Capt_Mac_xx
    Capt_Mac_xx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 185
    My response to the raid ... "**** KIXEYE!! My response to this VXP wanna be raid ... "DOUBLE **** YOU KIXEYE !! 
    There is no point in taking this game serious any longer! The Loons are running the show!
  • VogonPoet
    VogonPoet
    Minor Nuisance
    CM Chris said:
    Sorry, the low level VXP-Only Targets that were originally labeled as Skirmish targets had their name corrected to "Raider Fleets". Those are standard.

If you are looking to rank up your Siege ships, you should attack the Siege targets. Last month's VXP targets were just renamed - the 98=88 and the 58 still equals the 58. However, if you want to just accrue VXP by suiciding ships as has been the approach in the past, nothing has changed about the possibility of that approach.
    It shouldn't be the approach though!! You have made it impossible to rank certain ships with a grind and due to the ever increasing amount of armor points on the rest.. practically impossible.  Targets are tuned to require fully ranked ships why when we are expected to coin them to get 2 raid fleets done every 3 months are we expected to pay to rank them too?

The best thing you did last year was to reduce the requirement down to 1 fleet and make the cycle 4 months.. That had a positive response from the community, so why did you reverse course.
    Revenue is counted quarterly. Three months is a quarter. 
  • kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 567
    VogonPoet said:
    CM Chris said:

It shouldn't be the approach though!! You have made it impossible to rank certain ships with a grind and due to the ever increasing amount of armor points on the rest.. practically impossible.  Targets are tuned to require fully ranked ships why when we are expected to coin them to get 2 raid fleets done every 3 months are we expected to pay to rank them too?

The best thing you did last year was to reduce the requirement down to 1 fleet and make the cycle 4 months.. That had a positive response from the community, so why did you reverse course.
    LOL if you say so... not like they would have records of revenue on a pretty much daily basis.

• VogonPoet
    VogonPoet
    Minor Nuisance
    VogonPoet said:
    CM Chris said:

LOL if you say so... not like they would have records of revenue on a pretty much daily basis.

I should have written "reported" instead of "counted" It's a thing.
  • kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 567
    VogonPoet said:
    VogonPoet said:
    CM Chris said:

And they can't collate the data from any period... I'm sorry but the raid cycles were historically 4 months so stating they changed it to 3 then back to 4 then back to 3 due to reporting revenue is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Whilst I thank you for your response, I don't think you are qualified to answer for CM Chris.
  • VogonPoet
    VogonPoet
    Minor Nuisance
    VogonPoet said:
    VogonPoet said:
    CM Chris said:

And they can't collate the data from any period... I'm sorry but the raid cycles were historically 4 months so stating they changed it to 3 then back to 4 then back to 3 due to reporting revenue is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Whilst I thank you for your response, I don't think you are qualified to answer for CM Chris.
    I'm sorry you can't follow things.