Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@warren.fee.3 said:

@d.scott.hewitt said:

@stephenl90 said:
    LCM 2 with -40% combat speed ?????????

They also took the Accuracy Boost off Nuc ACC III

Fellow ally mate...

Accuracy on your ship design is a ship vs ship mechanic.
    Accuracy is designed to overcome an enemies evade to increase your chances to hit their ship

Any weapon.. even with a 1% accuracy will 100% hit a building.
    Buildings have no evade. Static structure.
    Accuracy increase is not needed to overcome a buildings evade.

Any vs building ships do not need an accuracy boost.
    Accuracy only is needed vs other ships.

So on a ship vs building fleet you dont need any accuracy buffs....
    But evade buff will always be useful to increase your chances enemy turret projectiles will miss you.

If you want to put nuc3 on arb breachers.. accuracy doesnt count neither as arb2 is an area of effect weapon. It fires on an area where the enemy ship last was. For these builds projectile speed is good to get the projectile to where the ship was before it can move too far away from the original area the arb2 fired on.

I forgot that KixEye Accuracy is different. In the real world a 20% accurate Hunter starves.......

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • David.C
    David.C
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 74
    Resistors as prizes would be nice. You know to match the series we are in now! Are the lights on and nobodies home? Come on use your heads.
  • SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 463
    edited 17 Jan 2019, 4:42AM
    Oh my the refit time.   Even if I don't use the lower cannon mount at 22hr refit time per ship the other specials ( Nuc Acc 3 and CL-4 ) I will likely need to use and like mentioned above are a 16 day refit for 5 ships.       Just firmed up my decision on what to do with the sub option ( to be punny I've torpedo'd them).  I have other ships I need shipyard time for.   I can't argue you are giving me options ... may not really like them much but I have to admit they are options. 
  • trumpocalypse
    trumpocalypse
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 38

@trumpocalypse said:
    I see that some items are labeled "(PvP)", such as Radioactive Plate IV. I am assuming that means that this armor (and other items like it) would be rendered ineffective on PvE hulls. Just looking for a MOD confirmation. 

Radiactive Plate is Conqueror/Defender only. At least I-III are........

Are you sure? They are no labelled as Conq/Def only.
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,260

@trumpocalypse said:
    I see that some items are labeled "(PvP)", such as Radioactive Plate IV. I am assuming that means that this armor (and other items like it) would be rendered ineffective on PvE hulls. Just looking for a MOD confirmation. 

Plate 4 is not either:   And the ship designer let you put it on non defender/Conquerer hull.

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    Kalidor55 said:

@trumpocalypse said:

Plate 4 is not either:   And the ship designer let you put it on non defender/Conquerer hull.

Very interesting. 

Personnally I think it is an error and just missed/messed up during refactor it is the only non PVP armour with more than 200 deflection

on that note I don't think Deflection is functioning the way they told us it does (for PvE at least) because Savage CiC did not make the expect difference to damage taken, also I added one of the +200 deflection specials to a Manticore during assault cycle (otherwise the same as other ships) and it didn't make any difference, if functioning as advertised it should have halved my damage (or more),

This is due to deflection being last in the chain - ie 100000 damage vs  99% resistance equals 1000 damage if deflection is above 1000 there should be no damage to hull except any "pass through" or "over damage", if deflection is 800 then you take 200 damage etc. 

so to sum up, I'd caution fitting this armor to your PvE ships as I expect they'll 'fix' it to Conq/Def shortly AND they not "following the rules" when it comes to our deflection stats anyway... 

Can we get MoD / CM comment on this?
  • Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 378
    MINUS 40% on speed for Lowered Cannon Mount 2 makes that a NO for buying that joke.
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    MINUS 40% on speed for Lowered Cannon Mount 2 makes that a NO for buying that joke.
    Reduced Ballistic range also. depends how you play, I had to sit and wait for the turrets to die on the 100s and 102 so if I kept moving the 40% reduction in speed would be a worthwhile expense for +35% defence. 

However if the reduction in ballistic range means I'm now getting smacked by those cannon turrets.... well that's a different story. 

I think Eradicator is meant to be played as a smash and grab hull, the Lowered Cannon mount fits that, it will sail continously although slightly slow and smash everything as it goes. 

• Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,578

@d.scott.hewitt said:

@stephenl90 said:

Accuracy is useless in Siege targets. They took it off because it's not doing anything, so what would be the point?

I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,578

@d.scott.hewitt said:

@warren.fee.3 said:

@d.scott.hewitt said:

@stephenl90 said:

Fellow ally mate...

Accuracy on your ship design is a ship vs ship mechanic.
    Accuracy is designed to overcome an enemies evade to increase your chances to hit their ship

Any weapon.. even with a 1% accuracy will 100% hit a building.
    Buildings have no evade. Static structure.
    Accuracy increase is not needed to overcome a buildings evade.

Any vs building ships do not need an accuracy boost.
    Accuracy only is needed vs other ships.

So on a ship vs building fleet you dont need any accuracy buffs....
    But evade buff will always be useful to increase your chances enemy turret projectiles will miss you.

If you want to put nuc3 on arb breachers.. accuracy doesnt count neither as arb2 is an area of effect weapon. It fires on an area where the enemy ship last was. For these builds projectile speed is good to get the projectile to where the ship was before it can move too far away from the original area the arb2 fired on.

I forgot that KixEye Accuracy is different. In the real world a 20% accurate Hunter starves.......

Apples and oranges. Is the hunter hunting buildings?

Of course he needs accuracy, his prey runs. Your comparison is only actually useful in ship v ship, where accuracy is important.

And regarding AoE weapons not caring about accuracy either, that's how every other game does it too.

I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • Lady-naima
    Lady-naima
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 108
    I get so fed-up with this limite price s....
    and then those high points to get it 
    thanx big coiners that is al to you to thanx for it 
  • thunderstruck
    thunderstruck
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 188
    What is the story with the 82's and 89's?  Where are they?  
  • grime pirate
    grime pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 136
    have the 89"s been taken away ,i know the 82 have temporarily  
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,719
    IronManda said:
    A while back when the FM jumped to over 10 mil for a week, we were told that it was front-loading prizes at the beginning of the month, but could be divided up weekly and wouldn't be that much of a change.  Now with limited items being a must-have, we have to spend weeks collecting things.  Miss out on things and a fleet can't be balanced.  Now things are limited vs. regular prints, so we didn't really get what they claimed to have offered.  On top of that, the point totals have ballooned to over 25 million now.  Really disappointing and so overwhelming I rarely even try now.  It feels like the difference between asking someone to run a marathon instead of a couple miles.  Just way too much even if we ignored the lack of candor.  
    Week 2 of FM and Tier 5 content price comes in at 30.8 mil, that is 2.5 mil more than week 1 - not taking into consideration the lower tiers. Assume week 3 will be the same so this little run of FM will be about 100 mil requirement just to keep up to date. 

FM is all about catch up for the lower ranked pirates, or that is how it was originally sold, try doing that will a part built set of dragons or lesser fleet and with only partial rank. 

Take that if you think kix is trying to help you get into or get back into the game!
  • jeff g
    jeff g
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 294
    communication  communication communication....
    Is a let down for sure when questions being raised & not replied to or addressed in a prompt manner.

i'll ask this today ....

80's in this week's FM  ..will they spawn soon?

the daily has not been made available since start of the vxp raid...when will they return...never,  soon(could be never), maybe or maybe not..

a simple answer is all i expect

• Wild_G
    Wild_G
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 837
    CM Chris doesn't do his job following forums and giving us updates.  Some players can't do FM cause 82s and 89s are missing.  They 82s were taken off cause of a problem.  But no mention of the problem and why 89s are not spawning.  Reaver Tide Daily Daily TLC has been gone for about 6 months now and the other Daily TLC have been screwed up.  But Yet since they added Discord for better communication the forget to come here and communicate.  They NEED to FIND SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS!!
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 1,001
    turn up the spawn rate on the 114's. Tired of driving accross the map because they only spawn every 20-30 minutes.
    same with 120s in my sector
  • Timothy Clayton
    Timothy Clayton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 29
    World of Warships it is.
  • jollyRs
    jollyRs
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 42
    Kalidor55 said:

@trumpocalypse said:

Very interesting. 

Personnally I think it is an error and just missed/messed up during refactor it is the only non PVP armour with more than 200 deflection

on that note I don't think Deflection is functioning the way they told us it does (for PvE at least) because Savage CiC did not make the expect difference to damage taken, also I added one of the +200 deflection specials to a Manticore during assault cycle (otherwise the same as other ships) and it didn't make any difference, if functioning as advertised it should have halved my damage (or more),

This is due to deflection being last in the chain - ie 100000 damage vs  99% resistance equals 1000 damage if deflection is above 1000 there should be no damage to hull except any "pass through" or "over damage", if deflection is 800 then you take 200 damage etc. 

so to sum up, I'd caution fitting this armor to your PvE ships as I expect they'll 'fix' it to Conq/Def shortly AND they not "following the rules" when it comes to our deflection stats anyway... 

Can we get MoD / CM comment on this?
    old armor still got it on my buccaneers i put it on new ship but radiation thrower melts it    cannot see the fun anymore  not woth the coin 17 day upgrade on shipyard has me scrambling to get more tokens  new fm no 80's or 89s  so i could sit and get more than i got today doing the more damage targets no fun so soon i may be most likely 

• KrozeR
    KrozeR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 199
    Where did the 82s go?
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@trumpocalypse said:
    d.scott.hewitt said:

@trumpocalypse said:

I was rthinking of the other thing. My bad.

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • UnderFrosty
    UnderFrosty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 10
    61s and 111s are glitched
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,260
    61s and 111s are glitched
    Every target are glitche right now.
  • carol.roberts.988926
    carol.roberts.988926
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 142

wow go to hit target next to my fleet, fleet then gose off screen to hit a different target by E relay  target I picked was near W relay by me.

Tried again this time it shot off to attack a base nowhere near original target, luckily I stopped the attack. 

• Clive Hill
    Clive Hill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52

wow go to hit target next to my fleet, fleet then gose off screen to hit a different target by E relay  target I picked was near W relay by me.

Tried again this time it shot off to attack a base nowhere near original target, luckily I stopped the attack. 

Just had same thing happen in 88 fleets random targeting off screen
  • Clive Hill
    Clive Hill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52
    Just tried a different PC and internet connection still just the same no fleet control on world map at all
  • carol.roberts.988926
    carol.roberts.988926
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 142
    I still can not attack selected targets just disappears off screen and now parks outside a target 
  • papafishy
    papafishy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 6
    what the hell are you drinking KIX, we are not millionaires ! why not give some stuff away . you take stuff away from us and want gold for everything we use to get by working for it. you going to loss more people in the game ....keep it up and go broke. 
  • Firefighter4
    Firefighter4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 180
    Last post..Good luck all, im outta here.. Firefighter