KRAKEN another HUGE waste of TIME....KIXEYE what are you thinking???

xxxGRIMMxxx
xxxGRIMMxxx
Skilled Warrior
Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 500
WOW i was really looking forward to having a good base unit this time that could sneak up on a enemies toons. But atlast I got kicked in the balls for this unit SUCKS THAT BAD. It is a HUGE WASTE of time to build and to LEVEL> Find something else to take up your time in the game. KIXEYE dropped the ball again on a good defense unit. They could have made this one great but they have no sense of the game and just wanted to take ppls money. Getting harder and harder to give kixeye credit on things these days. 
  • GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 477
    How so your just bashing it but wheres the proof what makes it bad?
  • xxxGRIMMxxx
    xxxGRIMMxxx
    Skilled Warrior
    The fact i had had over 20 ppl attack my base in series with it in defense with tons of different units. It would not stand up to any of them. It dies to quick and will not cause near the damage it supposed to. As for proof check it out yourself with your go go bar or with players like i did. Trust me its not worth the time of effort or coin to have this unit. Unless they move the stats up its just another EPIC FAILURE like the last base unit.
  • GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    In my testing it looks just fine I don't understand  what makes it useless under no condition should you expect a god tier unit that will make everyone unflatable its a unit with a stealth generator damage boost and speed boost and for defense it stops phalanx and other spam and in the description says combined with the judge  its god tier now I dont even use the judge and its still not that bad this was not going to be a unit that would kill off a siege squadron Romero and Darkstorm in the entirety  of a battle especially without support which is why I dont understand why people coined this thing then complained about it 

TLDR: Unit is working just fine for me and everything I use it for
  • xxxGRIMMxxx
    xxxGRIMMxxx
    Skilled Warrior
    Only think i can see is that you are not using it in real time attacks and have not seen that it will die under support of other units as though there was nothing there to protect it. The first two days it was useable i had it maxed and it was ok. Then as of sunday it went to a PAPER UNIT. They changed the unit cause ppl ere crying about PVP being killed off cause of it. You can promote for kixeye all you want but those of us that use bases and actually fight alot know the real deal. I have a feeling you do not! 
  • MISS PACMAN
    MISS PACMAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 3
    As usual kix nurf the unit,,,kix have lost the plot a long time ago....
  • GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    Buddy I think I know what im talking about im sure your a nice little conformist in an alliance I don't sit in an alliance in comfort I fight for what I want and need and I dont ask for help you paid to max it day one thats your fault no need to call BS noone told you to pay money for virtual things I have played long enough longer than you I am sure to know what im talking about maybe the only difference is I don't  open my wallet honestly that could be the change in perspective but your paying for a free to play game and complaining that your paying I am just telling you that your angry is unnecessary 
  • Far998
    Far998
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 53
    Yeah same coined it leveled it up base tested with gogo looked good! Then base tested with real toons with friend absolute garbage, repeated tests 4 times 4 times with support of other defense toons failed. I'm actually thinking of taking it out like the useless slow judge and just use warlust toons!

• xxxGRIMMxxx
    xxxGRIMMxxx
    Skilled Warrior
    Buddy I think I know what im talking about im sure your a nice little conformist in an alliance I don't sit in an alliance in comfort I fight for what I want and need and I dont ask for help you paid to max it day one thats your fault no need to call BS noone told you to pay money for virtual things I have played long enough longer than you I am sure to know what im talking about maybe the only difference is I don't  open my wallet honestly that could be the change in perspective but your paying for a free to play game and complaining that your paying I am just telling you that your angry is unnecessary 
    Child you have been playing just as long as i have being this is not my first account. My orginal Id is 66416 and being i played before there was a map i TO know what i am talking about. As for using money maybe you should open your wallet and pay some. Or get a job that you can afford to do so. As for getting angry little child there is no way you or anyone can make me mad in a game. But it is telling how you go to that area. You must get mad alot in this game. As for ALLIANCES and sitting in them LOL your just being a TROLL at this point. Please move on little child and please TROLL someone else. So sad to see children like you in this game.

• GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    Child you have been playing just as long as i have being this is not my first account. My orginal Id is 66416 and being i played before there was a map i TO know what i am talking about. As for using money maybe you should open your wallet and pay some. Or get a job that you can afford to do so. As for getting angry little child there is no way you or anyone can make me mad in a game. But it is telling how you go to that area. You must get mad alot in this game. As for ALLIANCES and sitting in them LOL your just being a TROLL at this point. Please move on little child and please TROLL someone else. So sad to see children like you in this game.

I am 24 my guy grow up
  • xxxGRIMMxxx
    xxxGRIMMxxx
    Skilled Warrior

I am 24 my guy grow up
    Yep just proved my point there Youngen
  • GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior

I am 24 my guy grow up
    Yep just proved my point there Youngen
    lol spend more money please and thank you
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 850
    edited 14 Jan 2019, 11:09PM
    It was a bugged unit.
    It wasn't working as intended. 
    Rather than doing its dps split between 16 targets even when there wasn't 16 targets, it was broken
    So attacking it with 1 unit meant that unit would get hit for its FULL dps, that is meant to mean its DPS spread over 16.
    So basically 1 unit would get hit 16 times. Instead of 1 time.
    So it was fixed, i don't see the issue.

Example, it WAS doing 2.8 million dps per laser bolt when only 1 target was in range. 
    it SHOULD of been doing 2.8/16  = 17k dps per blast.

At least im pretty sure that was the issue anyway.
  • GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    Delphinus said:
    It was a bugged unit.
    It wasn't working as intended. 
    Rather than doing its dps split between 16 targets even when there wasn't 16 targets, it was broken
    So attacking it with 1 unit meant that unit would get hit for its FULL dps, that is meant to mean its DPS spread over 16.
    So basically 1 unit would get hit 16 times. Instead of 1 time.
    So it was fixed, i don't see the issue.

Example, it WAS doing 2.8 million dps per laser bolt when only 1 target was in range. 
    it SHOULD of been doing 2.8/16  = 17k dps per blast.

At least im pretty sure that was the issue anyway.
    Yes
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/754046
  • IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 428
    The 2.8M DPS is the unit's max DPS. That is a quark with the DPS system because the Kraken has 16 "guns", but it will only be able to use one gun to target a single enemy.
    IJustine, not iJustine. Or, IJsbrand.
  • Sean_M465
    Sean_M465
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 18
    who ever said this was a useless unit is smoking crack. this unit WILL murder anything less than a unique. siege squad is useless now and so is gunship zerg. no it wont single handedly kill romero or the new unique tanks. ur base should be able to do that...its the fact u cant run ANYTHING else aginst the base now is what makes it so hard for people to crack.

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 503

They dropped the ball making it a unit and not a defensive turret.... same with judge. It's a scam. They could of easily made both units turrets. Now players will be forced to coin build and upgrades or pick and choose between Kracken or Nova.

• wizardraco
    wizardraco
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 51
    Kraken is a unit that works better in events than PvP
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,639

They dropped the ball making it a unit and not a defensive turret.... same with judge. It's a scam. They could of easily made both units turrets. Now players will be forced to coin build and upgrades or pick and choose between Kracken or Nova.

I am finding that difficult chose now. Which will it be Kracken or Nova?
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 778
    I played this game for long time and I know when unit sucks and Kraken will suck big time, it s basically phalanx and liberator spam counter 
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior

@iwona.esser.1 said:
    ARCTIC SWAGG said:

Well honestly coin them both unless you don't coin. If you don't coin then I would stick with Nova because it has far more potential to earn bigger and better stuff. Can't compete in events and such with a unit strictly for defense. Defense doesn't earn you much overall and Kracken at this time doesn't have potential to become Omega.

• iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,639

@iwona.esser.1 said:
    ARCTIC SWAGG said:

Well honestly coin them both unless you don't coin. If you don't coin then I would stick with Nova because it has far more potential to earn bigger and better stuff. Can't compete in events and such with a unit strictly for defense. Defense doesn't earn you much overall and Kracken at this time doesn't have potential to become Omega.

Well said. Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior

@iwona.esser.1 said:
    ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@iwona.esser.1 said:

ARCTIC SWAGG said:

Well said. Thanks.

You coining both or sticking to Nova?