Disappointing Nova

Nawar Nweder
Nawar Nweder
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 43
So Nova was supposed to "single shot almost any other unit" according to Kixeye, but it seems that this statement isn't 100% accurate. The "almost" should be replaced with "not really".... I tried it against Roland and sunder, and it took it many shots to kill them.
Should we expect it to be another unit to collect dust in the storage alongside the Prophet?!
That is really disappointing .
plz see the video

https://streamable.com/nt9fb
  • GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 477
    Did it just launch a nuke lmao anyway looks fine to me while I do not understand sunder Roland has tech that reduces damage taken and since thr nova charges to the units max health any reduction tech on paper should make it survive the first shot
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 779
    kix realized one shot kill would be OP so they made it this way, I haven't used it much but I noticed Nova charge for some time then fire fast 
  • BerryGood
    BerryGood
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 5
    kix realized one shot kill would be OP so they made it this way, I haven't used it much but I noticed Nova charge for some time then fire fast 
    Charge time is based on targets health.
  • lolwut1337
    lolwut1337
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 445
    edited 14 Jan 2019, 2:53PM
    Funny how there're two threads on the 1st page, one claims nova to be overpowered while another thinks it's underwhelming.

Here's how nova works, the mechanism.

1. Nova runs into a target (more specifically, a unit).

2-1. The target has insignificant amount of health left that an uncharged shot can finish it off (i.e LSDs). Nova fires instantly.
    2-2. The target has significant amount of health left. Nova charges up the weapon until the damage matches the target's current health.

3. It fires the shot, dealing damage equals the current health of the target.

The raw damage, as advertised, ignores innate resistance, most workshop component and armor type.
    Only a few things do effect the damage received (maybe there's more)

1. Weaver's shield. While active, it cuts the damage down to 10%.
    2. Adaptive body armor sort of things. Corpus faction traits, workshop techs, phalanx etc.
    3. Level 10+ Defense lab passive damage reduction buff. This defensive bonus isn't fully effective, just partially, but enough for units to survive the first  few shots.

Have your defense lab destroyed first and you should see some clean OHKOs.

• Steel123
    Steel123
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 611
    Only try base stats on a unit when it is fully customize as they still thinking of what tech to add to Romeo in event, then they also coming up with a New shadow ops unit as we on 9/10 of shadow ops & a Gen 3 unit for this event... With all that in mind i think Nova is at the back of the book for now...
    2019 & still playing 
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 779
    BerryGood said:
    Charge time is based on targets health.
    OK...