Kraken......review

GeneralHospital3
GeneralHospital3
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 16

I know this will shock people but.......

An utter disappointment

ARE YOU SHOCKED????

I grinded out the 8 bases and started the build.... almost 9 days so I was thinking "yeah no..... let it slow build"

Then awhile later I realized I could use the gogo bar to do some testing....so I sent in the gogo version against my level 10 Roland and it ate it up.

Leonidas was stoked

I looked at the tech and the Lens tech and the stealth/90% time tech seem to make it the perfect unit to trap the "Big Boy Platoon"

FINALLY we have a unit that gives us a chance against that platoon and we can have some defense

In THEORY it uses the Dark Storms ability against itself. It stays stealthed until it gets through the darkstorms cloud....gets up close and personal...destealths and lays the hammer down on the group. With the lens tech its even BETTER because it gives a % multiplier if you are in close. The stealth tech even gives you a 90% damage reduction for the first few seconds of the battle after taking damage

Perfect combination......bring that BIG BOY ON!!!!

In theory

I coined the build (378) and the upgrades to level 10 (500) at it up with stealth tech and the lens tech

Set up the Big Boy platoon in the gogo bar and snuck that **** right up to them AND..........

Did little damage..... and died

How can a unit that has over THREE MILLION DPS feel like its a **** pea shooter??????

It struggled just to kill the **** caretaker I put in there and then it just could do anything with the rest of the Units

I got sucked in again!!!!!!

Just like when I thought maybe the level 20 sentries in bunkers could flip the script ......but they disappointed me too

Lot of coins draining out of ole Redsteel lately with no benefit

Now in wasnt expecting it to be a one unit solution.....I know it will need support but I thought he was a key part in balancing out PvP a little

It's a waste of coin.....get the unit .....build it normally and upgrade normally.....it will be useful in events I guess

But as a PvP unit...... not hardly

Don't waste your coins...... let me do that

• Dubhead
    Dubhead
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 448
    B) Thanks. Wont waste my toons trying those kracken bases now
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,842
    ty GeneralHospital, for the coining, I do appreciate it, it is people like you that allow others to keep playing, sadly many do not realize the value they gain when other's, like you, coin to keep the game up and active

and those who have been playing for years and have still not coined enough to get proper support ... shame on you
  • Ayman Abdalla
    Ayman Abdalla
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 3
    unit sucks ballz and kix are a bunch of fn tards who dont know chit or care about what players want in the game feed us more garbage units kix cause thats all you doing for base d 

• GamerRainbowdash
    GamerRainbowdash
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 577
    You  dont need to coin to see a units applications you have nothing except throw money at a game anyone that used it in the test base and looked at the stats can see it wont be halting the entire toon spending money helped noone but at least you learned not to spend money  on this game 
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,250

@GeneralHospital3 said:

@HELLionnnnnnnnnn said:
    lol, you spend a lil under a hundred to realize the pixels Kixeye are throwing out almost daily is not what you expected.....

Its players like you that enforce Kixey intent on their dump and grind gaming concept... 

And you understand that me throwing 100 at it is like you throwing 10 right?

Isnt it beneficial that people like me that can afford it do these things so others don't have to. I'm sure quite a few people appreciate that they don't have to throw money or excessive time at this unit because I posted this

Its players like you that make others feel like not helping others because your a whinning ****

This guy here :joy:

Image result for nier replicant

• leigh5
    leigh5
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 300
    I think 8 days and nearly 18 hours to build is excessive. i just got mine and thought it would perhaps be a 5 day build but oh no, kix strike again
  • Hella90
    Hella90
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 299
    leigh5 said:
    I think 8 days and nearly 18 hours to build is excessive. i just got mine and thought it would perhaps be a 5 day build but oh no, kix strike again
    i wonder what is the repair time in base 
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,907
    Don't forget they made it an 8+ day build knowing Holdout is only 5 days away...
  • IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 462
    GeneralHospital2 said:

How can a unit that has over THREE MILLION DPS feel like its a **** pea shooter??????
    This unit's 3M DPS represents its maximum DPS, where the Kraken is targeting 16 units at once. If there are only one unit in Kraken's range, only one set of Kraken's 16 'guns' will fire. This is also applicable for the Phalanx as they have multiple guns - hence the DPS seems inflated. Area and AOE damage can also damage multiple enemies, but there is generally only one gun, and the DPS seems lower.

Its base DPS would be approximately 160K based on your assumption.
    IJustine, not iJustine. Or, IJsbrand.
  • Far998
    Far998
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 56
    The Kracken  should be called Phil McKrackin, it's total garbage what a waste of coin kixeye bringing this out is just a have . Did base testing with friend Kracken did jack Chit. Kix you thieving a-holes.
  • Rosey64
    Rosey64
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 196
    Will probably end up in storage with Judge lol 
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    Dubhead said:
    B) Thanks. Wont waste my toons trying those kracken bases now
    The base isnt that hard ,its all always the grind factor that gets me.Yes you can go in all suicidal  but that not what we want to do,especially the way the kix bases are anymore,loaded up to max.So you grind each base 10-15 mins per base and get bored to tears.Also dont forget the occasional disconnect in ther too,to furthermore make the grind that much worse.Doing a stellar job there kixeye!
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    ty GeneralHospital, for the coining, I do appreciate it, it is people like you that allow others to keep playing, sadly many do not realize the value they gain when other's, like you, coin to keep the game up and active

and those who have been playing for years and have still not coined enough to get proper support ... shame on you
    Well if i didnt feel as though im basically flushing my money down the toilet i would coin more.Not spending money on a defective product,if you want to throw you hard earned dollars away thats your call.Good luck.