Energy trio

Flamin Hot
Flamin Hot
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 200

What, out of the three energy weapons, should I chose? The new cannon has a constant damage output even while the ships are in phase (I hope), but less damage output. The Nova had an instant damage output, splits into five other parts, but you can't do damage to the Trojan while it's in phase. The Havoc fires the second the Trojan comes out of phase, and it has moderate damage between the two. I have both Nova I and II, but maybe another preference for when I get the bastion cruiser...

• Houka-4
    Houka-4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 206

Personally, I’d choose either the new one or Echo cannons. The new one pierces and does a solid chunk of damage, plus DoT boosts. Echo cannons are good vs the new cruisers, since they have no chain resist. Suffers a little versus Umbra though

Havoc only seems good on the Manticore from what I’ve seen, and Nova is just...forgettable.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,153
    Against what? Currently bastions are the best against trojans in pve.
    Also trojan has very heavy equipment and is far from bastion in the ability to fill all it's slots by the best gear.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,243
    Epsilon ECHO Cannon on Bastion Cruisers
    Nova Cannon on Wraith Cruisers
    Tera Cannon on Trojan Cruisers
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 824
    It's important to note that ALL weapons on the Trojan will deal DoT. The Tera Cannon just deals extra DoT. That being said, it's accuracy is about as bad the Havoc Cannon.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,921
    edited 12 Jan 2019, 7:45AM
    Due to the spread and projectile speed, the Tera cannon isn't really a long range weapon for cruisers with range specials. Its excellent on medium to short range though. Considering its damage bonus to Battlecruisers the Trojan cruiser intended role would indeed seem to be more close and personal.
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,153
    Considering its damage bonus to Battlecruisers the Trojan cruiser intended role would indeed seem to be more close and personal.
    Right, look at those calamitous fleets. All manticores and slow ogres. This is what trojans should feed on. And instead of using capacitors, better use routers. Maxed commander Burr helps here too.