so the trojan can phase, again wheres the love for bases

RaptureAkaDino
RaptureAkaDino
Strike-force Captain
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 936
ok, so the paragon with cruiser decoys used to level a base with its broadside capabilities, but suffers damage then umbra came along and we got based with little to no damage. my question is wtf are kixeye doing bases used to have the edge when max fleet level was 55 bases needed skill and tactics or even to be prepped before hand to kill with the introduction of this new faction bases have taking a another huge leap into the dark, a ship that can phase out of our dimension to gain speed and then re position to engage targets is fantastic but what does that mean to our bases mines are now extinct as phasing ships cannot be hurt by them even umbra had slight damge.

kixeye please release what you are going to do to bases this year they should be twice as strong as the strongest fleet you keep giving xeno echo turret prizes out<<<< xeno is resisted by umbra and the poor damage of this is negated by the sheer force of umbra

why do we not have phase mines for the base that only affect ships in phase, why not give our bases phase disrupters a special that can be added to arrestors, why not increase our base dps 4 fold to compensate for the sheer over powered nature of what we are facing. why does no one care about showing us a road map of what your planning for bases

let the trolls hate
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 936
    edited 10 Jan 2019, 11:53AM
    why not increase the combat arena for bases by 2, and increase the amount of combat modules up to 24, then give us base specific tech. back in early days of our bases we had kinetic driver and coil driver weapons and they was not ship weapons.

GIVE US BASE LOVE KIXEYE
  • War StaineR
    War StaineR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 25
    why not give us the ability to choose the target to be attacked? it will increase the survival chases. And this is stupid when you are a commander and you can not send orders.
  • NotKato
    NotKato
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 17
    ok, so the paragon with cruiser decoys used to level a base with its broadside capabilities, but suffers damage then umbra came along and we got based with little to no damage. my question is wtf are kixeye doing bases used to have the edge when max fleet level was 55 bases needed skill and tactics or even to be prepped before hand to kill with the introduction of this new faction bases have taking a another huge leap into the dark, a ship that can phase out of our dimension to gain speed and then re position to engage targets is fantastic but what does that mean to our bases mines are now extinct as phasing ships cannot be hurt by them even umbra had slight damge.

kixeye please release what you are going to do to bases this year they should be twice as strong as the strongest fleet you keep giving xeno echo turret prizes out<<<< xeno is resisted by umbra and the poor damage of this is negated by the sheer force of umbra

why do we not have phase mines for the base that only affect ships in phase, why not give our bases phase disrupters a special that can be added to arrestors, why not increase our base dps 4 fold to compensate for the sheer over powered nature of what we are facing. why does no one care about showing us a road map of what your planning for bases

let the trolls hate
    There is a little problem with attacking with pharmakon ships, and its that their shield only block one type of damage (instead of the umbra armor that blocks everything), they do not have alien resist (So a mix base of blue and green weapons is a must) and once the phase shield is dropped the ships are vulnerable. Also, using phase shifting to go to the middle of a base would be a really bad idea, as the shield would get eaten up in no time. For what we know, umbra is still better for basing
  • ironspam
    ironspam
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 108
    It is easiest to think of your base as a naked 12-year-old boy in a city park full of perverts and pedophiles.  At one end of the park is a vendor selling white vans and chloroform.  That's Kixeye.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 824
    NotKato said:
    There is a little problem with attacking with pharmakon ships, and its that their shield only block one type of damage (instead of the umbra armor that blocks everything),
    That's not how the screens work. They block all damage types, just like all other shields, but take less damage from their specific type. That's what the "Energy Reduction: 65%" means. They screen takes 65% less damage from energy weapons. So in that regard, it's better than/equal to Umbra armor, which resists nothing (except for Alien and Blight, I think, due to innate hull resistance).
    NotKato said:
    Also, using phase shifting to go to the middle of a base would be a really bad idea, as the shield would get eaten up in no time. For what we know, umbra is still better for basing
    Actually, phasing into the middle of a base has a few advantages. For one, it lets you release a massive amount of DoT damage at the heart of a base, hitting many modules at once. For another, it lets you take out key targets that release massive amounts of collateral damage. It also allows you to bypass stasis weapons which I've seen used to slow down Umbra ships.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,553
    NotKato said:
    There is a little problem with attacking with pharmakon ships, and its that their shield only block one type of damage (instead of the umbra armor that blocks everything),
    That's not how the screens work. They block all damage types, just like all other shields, but take less damage from their specific type. That's what the "Energy Reduction: 65%" means. They screen takes 65% less damage from energy weapons. So in that regard, it's better than/equal to Umbra armor, which resists nothing (except for Alien and Blight, I think, due to innate hull resistance).
    Ablative armor inherits the resistances of the ship's health. If you equip resistors and/or resistance armor, the ablative armor will gain the corresponding resistances as well.

NotKato said:
    Also, using phase shifting to go to the middle of a base would be a really bad idea, as the shield would get eaten up in no time. For what we know, umbra is still better for basing
    Actually, phasing into the middle of a base has a few advantages. For one, it lets you release a massive amount of DoT damage at the heart of a base, hitting many modules at once. For another, it lets you take out key targets that release massive amounts of collateral damage. It also allows you to bypass stasis weapons which I've seen used to slow down Umbra ships.
    While that is true, Pharmakon Screens have lower effective durability than Umbra Ablative Armor due to the lack of regeneration.