Discussion Thread - Cipher Main Event

Zero Calling Elite
Zero Calling Elite
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,511
edited 9 Jan 2019, 2:46AM
Rebels,
Discuss your Cipher-related things here.

Full Cipher Main Event Briefing can be found by clicking on this sentence
Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    So it seems like Level 110 Devourers will be replacing Level 110 Hunters...

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,680
    edited 9 Jan 2019, 1:58AM
    could  they continue the trend of behemoth fragments in event stores?

what is reusable instance?
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    could  they continue the trend of behemoth fragments in event stores?

what is reusable instance?
    RIs. Basically our Reusable Items...

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,259

@Zero Calling Elite said:

They have the same layout as level 110 hunters. I'm puzzled by the name change.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    GDIAX said:

Are you sure? Devourers are supposedly a vertical reflection of Hunters...

• Commander McMuffin
    Commander McMuffin
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 12

Seems like this may be a fun event.

Blight disruptor resistors are kinda a disappointment for people who had to carefully farm behemoth frags. Now blight resistors make it too easy, which is why the Behemoth was so valuable to begin with. It was a status symbol.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,259

GDIAX said:

Are you sure? Devourers are supposedly a vertical reflection of Hunters...

According to preview yes lol

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 728
    Where are the specs on the NEW Weapon, NEW Armour and NEW Screen...… would have thought this would have made it into the briefing...…

@CS Dade Murphy 
     @Cyrus Leung 
    @Playmaker1 ;

• Ewigkeit79
    Ewigkeit79
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 75
    Some specs for new stuff can see now on Blueprints on game.
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,247
    Where are the specs on the NEW Weapon, NEW Armour and NEW Screen...… would have thought this would have made it into the briefing...…
    Why ask if you can see them in the game? Like... always couple days before the new main event.
  • DZ1972
    DZ1972
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 112
     There's only 1 type of Pharmakon (FARMakon haha) fleet to hit in event, and its a blitz?   Pharmakon Torrent...
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    DZ1972 said:
     There's only 1 type of Pharmakon (FARMakon haha) fleet to hit in event, and its a blitz?   Pharmakon Torrent...
    Theres two other fleets that drop plasma elements. They probably contain pharmakon as well despite the deceptive name.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,831
    edited 9 Jan 2019, 9:13PM
    So I guess if were getting plasma elements, any chance this means we'll be crafting plasma weapons now?
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 939
    someone explain screen drain??? does that mean spectal screen has defence against plasma too??
  • Playmaker1
    Playmaker1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,030
    edited 9 Jan 2019, 9:53PM
    someone explain screen drain??? does that mean spectal screen has defence against plasma too??
    If you have a EN Screen 3 on a Trojan (9900 Screen energy), it'll take 6 seconds (the charge rate is 1650 units) for it to be fully charged. Once the Charge is complete, the Drain process begins (the drain rate is 990 units), which would be 10 seconds. During Drain, you're in the Phase state, where you get bonus speed, but cannot fire. Once the Drain is complete, you gain bonuses upon exiting phase state. Then the cycle keeps on going until you have no more screen energy.
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Ore no Na wa Pureimēkā...
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 273
    I know that weapons cannot target or land on a Pharmakon ship while it is phased, but can it still be damaged by AOE?
  • Playmaker1
    Playmaker1
    VC Mod
    I know that weapons cannot target or land on a Pharmakon ship while it is phased, but can it still be damaged by AOE?
    No. While Phased, nothing can harm a Pharmakon ship. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Ore no Na wa Pureimēkā...
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 273
    Good to know. Thanks.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

So while phased the ship qill end the chain sequence of epsilon cannon?

It wont count as a chainable target

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite

So while phased the ship qill end the chain sequence of epsilon cannon?

It wont count as a chainable target

Yes.

• RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 939

we all know a phased ship is basically classed as a dead ship, but i would love to see AOE on the phased ship if it does harm it.

my only concern is basing, if you are in combat all you do is  wait the time needed to go into phase, then rush a bridge and boom.....or is it not this simple to phase rush a base??? where is the base love we need

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite

we all know a phased ship is basically classed as a dead ship, but i would love to see AOE on the phased ship if it does harm it.

my only concern is basing, if you are in combat all you do is  wait the time needed to go into phase, then rush a bridge and boom.....or is it not this simple to phase rush a base??? where is the base love we need

Base XP rework will come soon. AoE doesn't affect Phased Ships at all.

• horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 206
    If you have a EN Screen 3 on a Trojan (9900 Screen energy), it'll take 6 seconds (the charge rate is 1650 units) for it to be fully charged. Once the Charge is complete, the Drain process begins (the drain rate is 990 units), which would be 10 seconds. During Drain, you're in the Phase state, where you get bonus speed, but cannot fire. Once the Drain is complete, you gain bonuses upon exiting phase state. Then the cycle keeps on going until you have no more screen energy.
    So far so good. But the charging does not actually reflect the protection effect of the screen?
    So if I would stay out of an opponents firing range, the 6 s + 10 s cycle would go on indefinitely?
    When somebody damages my screen both values get lower, yes? Less charging time, less draining time?
    The armour has a "+15% screen" effect? What exactly does this influence? Just the screen energy itself? Or the rates as well?
    What is the stacks the weapons do provide? The ship itself has 20 stacks.
    What are all the details listed in that damage stack description?
    What does the damage threshold do?
    Why does the stack has a duration? Is that not the same as the drain duration? Or does the ship come out of phase and already recharges and the old stack is still in place?
    Can the ships fire while they are phased out?

I think that most players still did not understand correctly how ablative works (in all its details), which seems to be intentional, and to be honest it seems to be the same for the new season and the new tech.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    edited 10 Jan 2019, 8:48PM
    Wiki has alien screens, is this going to be a thing later?

also plasma specials later same as blight specials eventually came?
  • Houka-4
    Houka-4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 235

This event is BS!

Just kidding, it’s not that bad. The level 50 Umbra Rotten could be a lot slower in sector though. And they could spawn more often. It’s kinda annoying, only being able to hit one of them every thirty minutes, either because they barely appear or they race at warp speed to a wormhole once they pop up

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,603
    Q: So far so good. But the charging does not actually reflect the protection effect of the screen?
    A: The Phasing mechanic does not consume screen energy, and does not affect screen defence in any way.

Q: So if I would stay out of an opponents firing range, the 6 s + 10 s cycle would go on indefinitely?
    A: Yes.

Q: When somebody damages my screen both values get lower, yes? Less charging time, less draining time?
    A: The screen energy decreases while the charge and drain rates (denoted by Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain in-game) remain unchanged, thus the duration of the charge/drain cycle is shortened.

Q: The armour has a "+15% screen" effect? What exactly does this influence? Just the screen energy itself? Or the rates as well?
    A: Only the screen energy.

Q: What is the stacks the weapons do provide? The ship itself has 20 stacks.
    What are all the details listed in that damage stack description?
    What does the damage threshold do?
    A: Read this: https://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/DoT

Q: Why does the stack has a duration? Is that not the same as the drain duration? Or does the ship come out of phase and already recharges and the old stack is still in place?
    Can the ships fire while they are phased out?
    A: DoT mechanics are separate from Phasing mechanics.

Q: I think that most players still did not understand correctly how ablative works (in all its details), which seems to be intentional, and to be honest it seems to be the same for the new season and the new tech.
    A: Read the VC wiki for more information regarding the new mechanics: https://vega-conflict.wikia.com/
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222
    edited 11 Jan 2019, 4:48AM
    where are the high level hellion and purgatory fleets, there are very few if any zero spawning. just a ton of coop 120 pursuers

• Playmaker1
    Playmaker1
    VC Mod
    Coelus said:
    where are the high level hellion and purgatory fleets, there are very few if any zero spawning. just a ton of coop 120 pursuers
    Majority of the end level fleet are spawning in the Carmine Nebula.
  • horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 206
    Q/A
    Thanks, that was very helpful.
  • Flamin Hot
    Flamin Hot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 230

@Houka-4 said:
    This event is BS!

Just kidding, it’s not that bad. The level 50 Umbra Rotten could be a lot slower in sector though. And they could spawn more often. It’s kinda annoying, only being able to hit one of them every thirty minutes, either because they barely appear or they race at warp speed to a wormhole once they pop up

I can agree. Especially now that you can equip all three faction weapon types to the altarians and above

This discussion has been closed.