Discussion Thread - January Release Notes

CM_Burny
CM_Burny
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,373
Rebels,

Please discuss everything regarding the January Release here.

Release Notes
WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Playmaker1
    Playmaker1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,930
    You're going to enjoy using the Trojan Cruiser. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Ore no Na wa Pureimēkā...
  • Houka-4
    Houka-4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 206

Yeah, but it sounds like it could be a little iffy in event fleets. The idea of free damage that you can’t fight back against (phase) sounds like it could potentially cause some serious BS in AI fleets.

Umbra wasn’t that bad though, so hopefully the VEGA Pharmaceutical Division won’t be as scary as it seems on paper.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,407

They will phase at all the right times..farmakon will farm your wallet$$

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,153
    Wondering what will be more effective against pve T8 enemy ships: bastions or trojans? Provided all are fully maxed.
  • TheDestroyer2320
    TheDestroyer2320
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 4

What is wrong with the down time?

• ironspam
    ironspam
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 108
    edited 7 Jan 2019, 6:05AM
    Sequestor said:
    Wondering what will be more effective against pve T8 enemy ships: bastions or trojans? Provided all are fully maxed.
    (The crowd cheers:)
    "Trojans!  Trojans!  We will never break!  UH!"
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    edited 7 Jan 2019, 6:28AM
    When will altairian ships take 1.5 days to build? Will pharmakon ships be 1.5 days to build from the start?
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,236

@Sequestor said:
    When will altairian ships take 1.5 days to build? Will pharmakon ships be 1.5 days to build from the start?

Yes, pharmakon ships will be 1.5 days.

I've feedbacked about the altairian ships to the devs.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,236

@Houka-4 said:
    Yeah, but it sounds like it could be a little iffy in event fleets. The idea of free damage that you can’t fight back against (phase) sounds like it could potentially cause some serious BS in AI fleets.

Umbra wasn’t that bad though, so hopefully the VEGA Pharmaceutical Division won’t be as scary as it seems on paper.

Then You better not allow your shields or screens to go down ;)

The effect is temporary however and will fade off, so better ensure you can last long enough.

If you're using umbra, pray you can do enough damage for your ablative seven to outpace the DoT until it wears off lol

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,243
    It's dumb that Destiny Cruiser Supplies are still missing from Cruiser Supply Runs, where are they? I need those!
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Houka-4
    Houka-4
    Minor Nuisance

Then You better not allow your shields or screens to go down ;)

The effect is temporary however and will fade off, so better ensure you can last long enough.

If you're using umbra, pray you can do enough damage for your ablative seven to outpace the DoT until it wears off lol

This sounds like a giant step back to the alien season. Tank all the damage, hope you don’t get hours of repair, repeat. I kinda thought events were starting to move away from that with umbra :(

Hopefully it’s not as big of a disaster as ancient aliens were

• Yuudachi
    Yuudachi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 6
    edited 7 Jan 2019, 6:06PM
    when i can see this Technology in game?
  • RAZOR_WIRE
    RAZOR_WIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 150
    Seriously new ships are ok-ish  but basing is just as important. Take a **** break from pumping out new ships every month and start releasing new tech for bases ffs. bases and base killing are 1/2 the game that you are flat out ignoring.
    VEGA BETA ID: 52918 
  • Houka-4
    Houka-4
    Minor Nuisance

@RAZOR_WIRE said:
    Seriously new ships are ok-ish  but basing is just as important. Take a **** break from pumping out new ships every month and start releasing new tech for bases ffs. bases and base killing are 1/2 the game that you are flat out ignoring.

I don’t think bases can or will be fixed. They’ve released a bunch of tech that flat out invalidates bases in their current state (Paragon, all of Umbra, etc.) Even if bases were buffed, I don’t see how they would counteract these ships, without being borderline impossible to destroy.

• RAZOR_WIRE
    RAZOR_WIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 150
    Houka-4 said:

@RAZOR_WIRE said:

I don’t think bases can or will be fixed. They’ve released a bunch of tech that flat out invalidates bases in their current state (Paragon, all of Umbra, etc.) Even if bases were buffed, I don’t see how they would counteract these ships, without being borderline impossible to destroy.

Any thing would be better than nothing at this point.
    VEGA BETA ID: 52918 
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,407

You kmpw whats a preaty easy fix for bases? Its own damage modifire that no hull resists, this would allow keeping current turrets and tributes, while changing all base turrets to the new "base only" damage type.

Resistors ,abalative, screeening none would resist it

Imagine that a decnet very quick way to make bases pack a bit more punch.

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Foooogl
    Foooogl
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 7
    There are changes which are not mentioned in the patchnotes xD. Like harvester got plasma resists (which im very happy about) and altarian can suddenly use non-blight Umbra weapons. Are there more hidden changes :P ?
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 717
    stole this of the discord channel

this need fixing
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Make sorting changes persist upon game reload! The list is full of trash, sorting options need to be permanent.
  • shady8783
    shady8783
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 24
    wow I hat this faction thanks kix I was having fun with umbra now this new faction comes out and kills the game not fun no more so thanks for making the game better then just fooking destroy it I mean invisible what are you guys thinking about all old ships will be beat by this new ship we  are all suckers
This discussion has been closed.