Discussion Thread - Pharmakon Reveal

System
System
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,825
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pharmakon and you. A brief introduction to the new Faction.
Resistance is futile yes!
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 717
    Wow, so begins the predictable strategy of Kixeye, spend 6 months building ships from one faction only for them to be obliterated by the next faction......
  • Charly Towers
    Charly Towers
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 61

Kixeye you were doing great job this season please dont f... it up please just dont

I'm one with the Void, it look at me and see me as an equal
  • DZ1972
    DZ1972
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 109
    edited 1 Jan 2019, 5:08AM
    any sneak peaks of what the Pharmakons look like?

• IcantsubmitaTICKET
    IcantsubmitaTICKET
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 5

Rip Elite behemoth owners

• Sovereign42
    Sovereign42
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 47
    This should be interesting... P > U > A > P …  hopefully after the pharmakan role out, we'll see each of the three factions start releasing new tech to counter eachother.  Escalation would be more interesting and fun than another faction that makes everything else obsolete.

Wish I knew this during the refits... I need to add a bunch of alien weaps and pink resistors to my Altarians.  Any chance for an Altarian catchup event?
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,407

Betting IFS people took advantage of the discount refit etc..

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 340
    edited 2 Jan 2019, 3:04AM
    ... So your other T7 faction ships, like the Behemoth Dreadnought, will still be useful when the factions its designed to dominate are on the field ...
    Each new faction of vega conflict, is designed to destroy and make obsolete any other technology and faction present in the game.

So your other T7,T6,T5, etc .. faction ships, they will be garbage compared to the new faction, this is demonstrated with each new content that "supposedly" is competent "with the rest of the content".

Therefore, from my point of view, whatever Kixeye says, the new faction will leave "on the floor" any other faction present in the game; if the new faction is supposed to be the "counter" of the "Umbra" faction, it should have a statistic that "only affects" the Umbra faction, otherwise, it is just an excuse to introduce a faction that will stand out above all others ... as always, a bottomless pit where you throw your money.

------------

In addition:

If the new faction is going to have "plasma damage weapons" available to the players, I think it's convenient to show that no faction (except for Axis and Altairian) have resistance to "plasma" damage ... this is now, and I hope that in the near and distant future, this should continue to be ... I still remember that magically ALL THE FLEETS, from night to day got resistance to the damage "VOID", I hope this does not happen with all the fleets .. Although knowing how Kixeye is and its strategy / business works, I guess it will not take long to implement, and invent an "excuse" to make it real.

Reading that "Pharmakon faction" is weak against "Altairian faction", it's just a fallacy ... because as we all know, the "direct damage to the hull" will always be "assured", no matter how much resistance your ships have, there will always be a "minimum" but not a "maximum" damage inflicted.

The new effect "DOT" (Damage over Time), will be applied regardless of whether the ship has energy shield or ablative armor, this will ALWAYS DAMAGE the ship's hull, no matter what faction/resistance ship has ... if it is assumed that the new faction is the "scissors" against umbra "paper", this new type of effect (DOT), should affect "only" ships of the faction "umbra", leaving the rest of the factions "indifferent / resistant".

Welcome to the new era of vega conflict, welcome to the type of "damage in time" ... where it no longer counts if you can "dodge" a certain amount of damage, now it will count "how much repair time" you are willing to face , where each "shot" in your ships, will imply an "extra" time of repair, no matter what you do ... if a hit can make you now close to 700 damage, it will not be a "real damage", because You must add a "Damage over Time (DOT)", which can multiply the damage you receive by x2 or x3.

image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 177

@FreeMann2018 said:
    Aletheides said:

... So your other T7 faction ships, like the Behemoth Dreadnought, will still be useful when the factions its designed to dominate are on the field ...

Each new faction of vega conflict, is designed to destroy and make obsolete any other technology and faction present in the game.

So your other T7,T6,T5, etc .. faction ships, they will be garbage compared to the new faction, this is demonstrated with each new content that "supposedly" is competent "with the rest of the content".

Therefore, from my point of view, whatever Kixeye says, the new faction will leave "on the floor" any other faction present in the game; if the new faction is supposed to be the "counter" of the "Umbra" faction, it should have a statistic that "only affects" the Umbra faction, otherwise, it is just an excuse to introduce a faction that will stand out above all others ... as always, a bottomless pit where you throw your money.

In addition:

If the new faction is going to have "plasma damage weapons" available to the players, I think it's convenient to show that no faction (except for Axis and Altairian) have resistance to "plasma" damage ... this is now, and I hope that in the near and distant future, this should continue to be ... I still remember that magically ALL THE FLEETS, from night to day got resistance to the damage "VOID", I hope this does not happen with all the fleets .. Although knowing how Kixeye is and its strategy / business works, I guess it will not take long to implement, and invent an "excuse" to make it real.

Reading that "Pharmakon faction" is weak against "Altairian faction", it's just a fallacy ... because as we all know, the "direct damage to the hull" will always be "assured", no matter how much resistance your ships have, there will always be a "minimum" but not a "maximum" damage inflicted.

The new effect "DOT" (Damage over Time), will be applied regardless of whether the ship has energy shield or ablative armor, this will ALWAYS DAMAGE the ship's hull, no matter what faction/resistance ship has ... if it is assumed that the new faction is the "scissors" against umbra "paper", this new type of effect (DOT), should affect "only" ships of the faction "umbra", leaving the rest of the factions "indifferent / resistant".

Welcome to the new era of vega conflict, welcome to the type of "damage in time" ... where it no longer counts if you can "dodge" a certain amount of damage, now it will count "how much repair time" you are willing to face , where each "shot" in your ships, will imply an "extra" time of repair, no matter what you do ... if a hit can make you now close to 700 damage, it will not be a "real damage", because You must add a "Damage over Time (DOT)", which can multiply the damage you receive by x2 or x3.

Wrong. Altairians are strong against pharmakon.

• fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 177

@FreeMann2018 said:
    Aletheides said:

In addition:

If you paid attention to anything at all. They state thay dot does nothing to shields. It only has the 10% bleed through like everything else. So if youre hit one time for a dot of 10 every second. Youre only taking 1 damage every second, before resistances. Altairian get a natural 40% resistance to plasma, and dot is always plasma. So any dot damage you take will be the same if you were fighting an umbra fleet. If you even get hit at all. Im sorry but the "every new faction obsoletes everything else" isnt true anymore. Im sorry but its just hilarious we finally get a use for altairians after 6 months and people like you are still complaining.

• RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 584
    I want to applaud Kixeye for clearly putting serious thought into the mechanics of the new faction. The Umbra faction was well done and allowed for  diverse and creative fleet designs and flying. This new faction seems to have even more possible creative potential. I'm glad we're getting three T7s instead of an another absurdly powerful step up.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 824
    Here is a video demonstrating DoT against shield tech:

The following two GIFs demonstrate Phasing in action.

- Charging vs Draining

- Behavior as screen energy decreases

Oh my god, what is that projectile speed?! Please tell me that video is sped up or something.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,243

The following two GIFs demonstrate Phasing in action.

- Charging vs Draining

- Behavior as screen energy decreases

Oh my god, what is that projectile speed?! Please tell me that video is sped up or something.
    Eclipse Driver?
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,153
    Wait, there will be something more effective at killing umbra fleets in pve than... umbra fleets? Unless there will be something much stronger and higher level than we have ever seen. Especially considering the level 100 commander, which requires a level 200 target to avoid a life-time grind.
  • horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 171
    Why did I knew that it would be "We have a new mechanic, it is "your old stuff does not work any more".
    Personally I do not like this trend. "There you have a cool new weapon that chains, but oops, all new targets have anti chain 10." It is a bit predictable and boring. 
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,553

It's just Eclipse Drivers. Do note that the battle screen has been zoomed in by a lot.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain

It's just Eclipse Drivers. Do note that the battle screen has been zoomed in by a lot.
    Are you sure? They look like they have AoE on them
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 318
    edited 2 Jan 2019, 4:59PM
    How work Marauder in the sistem Scissor.Stone.ecc....

......and the Axis Faction .... Harvester new entry have a strange "Alien Nebula 100% Resistance" ..... and other old... faction... ?

Future evolution ? ..... A more complex multi effect..... 

Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,407

They are ensuring players must invest in every faction,thus maximizing revenue while minimizing developer investment

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,236

@Daniel Rose said:
    Cyrus Leung said:

Daniel Rose said:

Cyrus Leung said:

Tats true but it's just the impact effect magnified.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    GDIAX said:

@Daniel Rose said:
    Cyrus Leung said:

Daniel Rose said:

Cyrus Leung said:

Tats true but it's just the impact effect magnified.

Okay, good. Glad there's only 1 Kinetic weapon with ridiculous projectile speed ;P

• Infinity EIC
    Infinity EIC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 166
    Sexy Foxy said:

......and the Axis Faction .... Harvester new entry have a strange "Alien Nebula 100% Resistance" ..... and other old... faction... ?

This is the most complicated game of rock paper sissors I have ever seen
  • Liath555
    Liath555
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 13

@Infinity EIC said:
    Sexy Foxy said:

This is the most complicated game of rock paper sissors I have ever seen

Get it right dude, Rock Paper Scissors lizard Spock. It’s the geeky version!

• DZ1972
    DZ1972
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 109
    Sexy Foxy said:

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock haha

• Darthkuriboh18
    Darthkuriboh18
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 17
    Pharmikons sound like a multi-bot from transformers like the constructicons
  • Darthkuriboh18
    Darthkuriboh18
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 17
    "Pharmikons, merge to form Walletkiller"
  • Lasimpert
    Lasimpert
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 6
    Great video Cyrus, excited for next week.