Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2018 Posts: 3
    its really annoying
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,013
    There are two different concepts in the game: PvE and PvP

Most part of the PvE (Person versus Environment) is based on DPS...damage per second, so that weapons suck big time in the PvP part.
    They do less damage, but with fast reload. The new generation PvE ships + weapons will do more damage, but its better to use them for
    the task, they are built for: the chores.

The PvP (Person versus Person) is based on damage per projectile...otherwise you wouldnt be able to overwhelm the deflection from
    the basebuildings/turrets/defenderships. Deflection is a fixed damagenumber which your weapons have to reach + a lot more.

If a building has 20k deflection (as an example), your weapons have to do more as 20k damage per projectile to be able to scratch the paint.
    Less damage = NO damage!

Simple rule: dont use anything less as tier 7 conquerors + tier 7 conqueror weapons to hit bases. Then you will success.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,403
    BattlePirate_BlackShark said: Simple rule: don't use anything less than tier 7 conquerors + tier 7 conqueror weapons to hit bases. Then you will succeed.
    Thanks for that explanation.     Does it apply when attacking mid-level Pirate bases though, say in the L75 to 90 range?