Breacher Dreadnaughts Resource Drainage

Joseph Simard
Joseph Simard
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 18
I have no problem with the strength of the Breachers and the way they perform my main issue and concern that I feel should be modified a bit somewhat is the amount of resources they can take from peoples bases that cannot stop them. To me it seems that anyone that does not have them or not built yet or ranked either are being depleted of resources and while they refit with salvages they lose it again before they can do any research. I have heard alot of people complaining about there ability to walk through bases but if people had 4 turrets of all damage types then they can be stopped also the guards make a huge difference as well as base design and 32 portal now. My complaint is people ready to quit because they can't build or get anything done. 

• Ruben Kok
    Ruben Kok
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 4
    it is not about drain the reso from base but how must lower players that are lvl 80 defend them self against lvl 100+ players with 3 Breacher"s Dreadnaughts because this is no fun any more those players are now gone farm all lvl 80's players because they cant defend they have nothing to defend them against those bigger players Kixeye need's to put back the 5 up and 5 down than this is gone be fair and fun again but for now there is no fun any more thanks to kixeye
  • William Wolf
    William Wolf
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 23
    I have no problem with the strength of the Breachers and the way they perform my main issue and concern that I feel should be modified a bit somewhat is the amount of resources they can take from peoples bases that cannot stop them. To me it seems that anyone that does not have them or not built yet or ranked either are being depleted of resources and while they refit with salvages they lose it again before they can do any research. I have heard alot of people complaining about there ability to walk through bases but if people had 4 turrets of all damage types then they can be stopped also the guards make a huge difference as well as base design and 32 portal now. My complaint is people ready to quit because they can't build or get anything done. 

Tried using 4 of each turret weapon type with all the new specials, nothing worked per stats (yet to get things worked out), guards are out ranged by dreads so that's out especially to skilled and well funded players. Yes, the take for dreads is overkill. Kixeye doesn't care about new or mid level players. If they did they would have kept the 5 level range at least from 90+ up so higher players couldn't run over them. And as far as strategy.....that has gone in favor of making us use "specified" hulls for "specified" targets. Yeah we can build them, sort of our own way but the "REAL" strategy has been gone from the game for a long time now. I remember how much fun this game was back in the beginning. It really was a strategy game and players could build and use what they wanted to battle and do special events. Many have quit and new player don't last. So where is the game really headed? 
  • heyo13579
    heyo13579
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 19
    i have 3 breachers and im lvl 91 i have seen plenty of bases at lvl 80 that can defend well aginst the breacher, hell ive gone aginst a lvl 87 that insta killed my breachers, the hull was very cheap and easy to get if you didnt get one then its your own fault, if you did build it and place it as a defender as a deffending ship even people attack with breachers will have a though time getting through. one of my buds breacher proofed his base on the same day i got my first breacher built by just moving around turrets and re aranging his base. heres a tip breachers are weak aginst corrosive and pen dmgs so if you have the cryo adder turrets build em if you have the super missle cruiser use them, as they do alot of dmg per salvo to the breacher if built properly. this game still is very much a strategy game when it comes to pvp! as well built and well driven preds can take on any poorly built ship. the reason kix has made lvl 80 the deciding level is becasue if they were to keep the +5-5 rule then there would hardly be any one to attack for the people that do hit lvl 90+ as they only make up maybe 10% of the total current player base the rest are new people below lvl 80 
  • Joseph Simard
    Joseph Simard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 18
    heyo13579 said:
    i have 3 breachers and im lvl 91 i have seen plenty of bases at lvl 80 that can defend well aginst the breacher, hell ive gone aginst a lvl 87 that insta killed my breachers, the hull was very cheap and easy to get if you didnt get one then its your own fault, if you did build it and place it as a defender as a deffending ship even people attack with breachers will have a though time getting through. one of my buds breacher proofed his base on the same day i got my first breacher built by just moving around turrets and re aranging his base. heres a tip breachers are weak aginst corrosive and pen dmgs so if you have the cryo adder turrets build em if you have the super missle cruiser use them, as they do alot of dmg per salvo to the breacher if built properly. this game still is very much a strategy game when it comes to pvp! as well built and well driven preds can take on any poorly built ship. the reason kix has made lvl 80 the deciding level is becasue if they were to keep the +5-5 rule then there would hardly be any one to attack for the people that do hit lvl 90+ as they only make up maybe 10% of the total current player base the rest are new people below lvl 80 
    this has nothing to do with strength or weaknesses its the simple fact that res is being drained by the truckloads in this game from people that can't.