Attacking other players

Iw4ntmll
Iw4ntmll
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6
Why is it now, that a level 117 can attack me, level 88, but I can not attack a level 69 or lower. I got my **** handed to me at level 50 but EVERYONE higher than I but now... No can do. Not fair.... These changes have to go back. If I cant attack someone that's 25 levels lower than I than no one 25 levels higher than I, should be able to attack me.
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144
    That change was a temporary band-aid while they coded the refactor. The Great Refactor will fix that, so they told us. Guess we find out next week. 
    Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,035
    VvVvVvVvV said:
    That change was a temporary band-aid while they coded the refactor. The Great Refactor will fix that, so they told us. Guess we find out next week. 
    The focus of the refactor is balancing T7 tech out, not who can hit who. Though that is still something that they want to address, it just won't be part of the refactor.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,035
    Why is it now, that a level 117 can attack me, level 88, but I can not attack a level 69 or lower. I got my **** handed to me at level 50 but EVERYONE higher than I but now... No can do. Not fair.... These changes have to go back. If I cant attack someone that's 25 levels lower than I than no one 25 levels higher than I, should be able to attack me.
    The free for all PvP level was raised from level 50 to level 80 a month or so ago as a temporary band aid for PvP. At some point the intention is to add a more dynamic way to determine base level and who can hit who with what fleets.
  • Iw4ntmll
    Iw4ntmll
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6
    Still no fixing the issues to attacking other players? Come on guy, pull your heads out and get this right. Seriously thinking about moving on to something else. Too many other fixes need addressing as well. Weapons/components don't come up when trying to refit defender/conq hulls. weight limits aren't right, you guys nerfed the Apollos so now cant do mega mayhem anymore with them. I paid good MONEY for them now they r useless. 
  • Victor Rainey
    Victor Rainey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3
    im lvl 96 but have been attacked by 126. how can players do this? I cant attack back. wasted my money
  • kixeyeuser_1457312889426_100677303661985
    kixeyeuser_1457312889426_100677303661985
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 65
    Cracks me up he talks to people like that then crys in forums   If he learned respect he wouldnt have a perma-bubble :)
  • Victor Rainey
    Victor Rainey
    Greenhorn
    lol that is funny. don't mind getting whooped just not by people out of my reach
  • WAR-GAMES
    WAR-GAMES
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 421
    With high level players hitting lower players it makes it harder for them it stops there shipyard and now takes a lot of res from them. After being hit over and over the players stop playing I really hate to see any players leave game. Players like Price_is_wrong and a lot of the others that have left game. We the players have spent a lot of money to play this game and really have nothing to show for it.  
  • kixeyeuser_1457312889426_100677303661985
    kixeyeuser_1457312889426_100677303661985
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 65
    Still no fixing the issues to attacking other players? Come on guy, pull your heads out and get this right. Seriously thinking about moving on to something else. Too many other fixes need addressing as well. Weapons/components don't come up when trying to refit defender/conq hulls. weight limits aren't right, you guys nerfed the Apollos so now cant do mega mayhem anymore with them. I paid good MONEY for them now they r useless. 
    He's mad that his $5.00 apollo's dont work as well over a year after he bought them lmao
  • Victor Rainey
    Victor Rainey
    Greenhorn
    lol gotta know how to use them. I still use mine