TURRET ARMOR:

LawMan8
LawMan8
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 43
There seem to be no use building up turret to 5 mil armor only to be destroyed by Romero with one shot. There was a lot of thor, time  and upgrades put into building up these bases, me being a level 48 to see these new units cut through bases like they were level 10. I invested lots to make it the best base it can be only to see this. The turrets need to be adjusted with either more armor or more damage output  or bunker with more capacity to defend with. Bases are useless it this point in stopping anyone with a  half leveled up Romero or lower. Just think when Romero and all the other new units are maxed. Can you say level 2 base.  Game seems to be out of balance for now.
  • Zika Virus
    Zika Virus
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4
    Im new, check my join date, I'm lvl36 already, I have a lvl3 Romero which takes out a high level bases, by the time its lvl10 kixeye will be offering elite status for just 99 gold, this isn't a competition you don't have to work for it any more, its become far too easy.

kixeye handing out high level toys to low level players, making it easy to upgrade, they do this on purpose to make players coin more, and if you ain't good enough to win it in an event no worries, they'll hand it to you on a platter with bases on the map a few weeks later just unlocked my first gunship, I used Romero, easy

You are correct there is no balance.

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 469

At first everybody was crying about technicals and phalanx were op. Now people crying about they are not enough. Kix just released new content for base defense and now offense is catching up that seems to be balanced.

• Zika Virus
    Zika Virus
    Greenhorn
    my join date does not tally correct, I only starting playing 4 events ago 

• I_cant_hit_higher
    I_cant_hit_higher
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 16
    same as me lol
     :)
  • I_cant_hit_higher
    I_cant_hit_higher
    Greenhorn
    I have lvl 5 Romero, I have Omega Siege, lvl13 Phallies and lvl12 technical s, that's not balanced, I should not be able to earn these prizes, they've made the game too easy for newbies at the expense of more experienced higher level players, I think they forgot this is a game where the longer you play the stronger you get, there's no game in this game
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 738
    buildings armor is bugged, upgrading them is useless 
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 469

New players should be able to acquire toys. That's promoting growth which the game needs

• Zika Virus
    Zika Virus
    Greenhorn
    growth indicates a slow process, I've not earned anything, I've won the lottery, kixeye giving away the jackpot every week

• Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 758

At first everybody was crying about technicals and phalanx were op. Now people crying about they are not enough. Kix just released new content for base defense and now offense is catching up that seems to be balanced.

the new base defense stuff isn't worth it imo. all mine is maxed and still get smashed offline by 10 levels lower than me. when i asked kix they told me that if they make bases have more defense no now would do pvp. and honestly that is a bunch of crap
  • AlbertCP
    AlbertCP
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 119
    For the game to continue, new players needs to be given the chance to play with old players. Otherwise, old players can only play with old players and and new players with new players only. So far, kixeye is ok on this issue, but they need to do something about frequent disconnects,  uncontrollable units and toons, and long loading issues

The  fool hath said in his heart, there is no God...   Psalms 14:1
  • ibrahim sk
    ibrahim sk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 5
    Im new, check my join date, I'm lvl36 already, I have a lvl3 Romero which takes out a high level bases, by the time its lvl10 kixeye will be offering elite status for just 99 gold, this isn't a competition you don't have to work for it any more, its become far too easy.

kixeye handing out high level toys to low level players, making it easy to upgrade, they do this on purpose to make players coin more, and if you ain't good enough to win it in an event no worries, they'll hand it to you on a platter with bases on the map a few weeks later just unlocked my first gunship, I used Romero, easy

You are correct there is no balance.

lol

• thomas.green.35175
    thomas.green.35175
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 83
    The other part of this that would be nice to see working is the absorption support turret. It's supposed to do 90% damage reduction for the turret it connects to, but still gets killed way too quickly by everything. If you're fixing armor for base defense, this needs another look to make sure it's working as it's described.
  • Stephen Obrien
    Stephen Obrien
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 4
    I think the answer is obvious, more pvp means more repairs/more coining. It takes a long time and some effort to reach higher levels only to be sold short by kix. If your wallet is big enough you win.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,454
    edited 7 Nov 2018, 7:57PM
    Romero shouldn't be too powerful at taking down PvP or PvE bases as he will target all none airborne units with the short range C4 charges. The main defense against Romero is to force Romero to use his C4 charges and this can be done by removing airborne buildings and by placing units in the base behind wall blocks.

However, Romero combined with other units can be a near unstoppable force but it doesn't mean this it's impossible to stop him. It's is for instance possible to use a lot of Sharpshooters inside of the Bunkers and to reduce the amount of potential targets for his rocket launcher.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,226
    depending on the base layout, Romero can be super, or can get eaten ...... depends on how the base is setup
  • I_cant_hit_higher
    I_cant_hit_higher
    Greenhorn
    I dont need to do shadow ops or events anymore, today I log in to find kixeye offering me DS for just 299 gold, what a bargain, another high level toy for a low level player, on a **** golden platter, thank you kixeye lol, this is no longer a game
  • thomas.green.35175
    thomas.green.35175
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 83
    It is still a game. Just one you can buy your way into strength, as it's always been...