Revisited my Base after nearly 3 years (I think!) my what a change!

impossibru
impossibru
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 640
Hi all

I'm ma Level 81 who took a long break again and surprised to find how much has changed .. I had some pretty good builds but I presume they are only useful for hitting cargo now.

I would probably only be dipping in and out but, looking at this build I have for example, is it any good for at least a FM weekly mission ?

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!0GN401R1S0W1S401S1N5B4U2S68APAOAOAJ4QAJ4Q4QHN20401S0W1S1R1S1N685B2S33APAOAJAOAJ4Q4Q4QHN20401S0W1S1R1S1N685B2S33APAOAJAOAJ4Q4Q4QAN20401S0W1S1R1S1N685B2S33APAOAJAOAJ4Q4Q4Q0ZZdE

Thanks guys!

• rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,263
    I am really surprised  after 3 years you did not get a few fully built fleets from kix and some other build tokens plus a little gold   my alt base was idle for about a yr  came back to check it got build tokens  and a sky fleet built and ranked  plus a phoenix fleet... after 3 yrs  going to be a chore to catch up but can be done with alot of seat time   check out forsaken councils  fleet build site   good info there or go to utube and   type  in your  fleet  build  see what happens  other peeps may have post  vids of the fleet you want to use alone  with builds 
  • rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,263
    there is also a new group on home page called battle pirates nre start for low level players  and folks who have been away awhile  deals  with ship builds   should help you out
  • Lea Devize
    Lea Devize
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 266
    Wow!  Goresabers!.  That is funny, but not in a bad way.  This was the very first (and last) fleet I ever had help getting.  For some reason I still have them, but they are no longer useful for me. Used to run 10 fleets in the FM with these guys at the top.  You know...back when BP was still fun.  Your fleet is far more up to date than mine are but I can't believe they would still be useful.  Good luck tho!
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    rayden said:
    there is also a new group on home page called battle pirates nre start for low level players  and folks who have been away awhile  deals  with ship builds   should help you out
    Thanks! will take a look at it all and soak it all on, seems like a hell of a lot has changed ...
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Wow!  Goresabers!.  That is funny, but not in a bad way.  This was the very first (and last) fleet I ever had help getting.  For some reason I still have them, but they are no longer useful for me. Used to run 10 fleets in the FM with these guys at the top.  You know...back when BP was still fun.  Your fleet is far more up to date than mine are but I can't believe they would still be useful.  Good luck tho!
    i know lol! they lasted like 20 seconds in one of those Ghost fleet skirmishes ! Ranking has goes up quickly now so skull ranked my light cruiser X for fun and at least my nighthawk subs can still auto elite 75 cargo ..
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 20 Oct 2018, 12:27PM
    Just an update everyone.

Kix gave me a little help when I emailed them about coming back and got a Inferno Dragon, TwinFire Rockets, build tokens and some Gold

I've cobbled up my best old fleets together and have managed to auto 40s with free repair to get a few specials that I needed (bit of a grind but using the BP HQ app on my phone is awesome)

Building 4 of these to hopefully take on the higher targets:

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!90OM0BB57BB2ABBBBBBBB5K744U4R5NFJ430X0X420X0ZZ0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdC

Then look onto Fleets for Base parts, Uranium and Titanium.. what hulls do you guys recommend for each (I've heard a nice good icebreaker build for Uranium?)

thanks!
  • Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2018 Posts: 178

For the special res you want the following types of fleets:

Skirmish for uranium- Tides, Fangtooth, proto-tides, Hunters, Batray, and razortails are the ones I can think of.

Seige for Base parts- Centurion, Ironclad, Hydra and buccaneer are examples of hulls.

Assault for Titanium- Apollo, Skyfire, Phoenix and Manticore are your good assault ships.

Garrison for high FM targets: Icebreakers may be good for uranium (I've yet to see a build for that) but they are also good for the FM. The Inferno Dragon is the best ship for FM right now however. Monoliths with a zelo tank is good as well.

Hope this helps.

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Thank you, that's great info. I will have a single Tideseeker soon to hit Scourge 57 so at least get some Uranium to start me off again.. Inferno Dragons are building great but have a conundrum that I might post in another thread :)
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 339
    Returned after a few years myself and find the ship builds, ship stats etc lets just say they have too many variables 
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 25 Oct 2018, 2:41PM
    zeusIII said:
    Returned after a few years myself and find the ship builds, ship stats etc lets just say they have too many variables 
    Yes. it's a bit overwhelming! There are some good changes Kix made though, despite still a lot of unhappy folks about build times:

1) You get a 1/2 repair slot on your guard and can be repaired independently while you repair other fleets
    2) Rocket pad repairs a lot faster (I remember it used to be 24 hours)
    3) Chance to get Ship, structure and repair tokens every week(we had not much of that when I used to play)
    4) You get lots of little ideas to reduce repair times which was only talked about while I played previously
    5) There's an app you can use to launch fleets, attack targets and manage repairs on a phone
    6) You can instant repair on the map

Yes there's a problem with feature creep, but instead of playing to try to compete I just build my own little ships and play weekly at my leisure ..lot more fun that way :)