time limit on rogues should be changed

highlandwolf
highlandwolf
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 654
Ok, so here's my thought, i followed someone who hit me today and when i got to the sector he was in temporarily (apparently not his home sector) he was getting a "ring of fire" around his base from a friend of his. For those that don't know basically someone sends enough platoons to surround a friends basethen either attacks his friends platoons and keeping them engaged for 6.5 minutes at a time or attack and hold rogue bases for that time so their friends base is guarded and not engaged so that pesron can continually send out platoons to attack other players. Now i'm not saying we need to shorten the engagement times when attacking other platoons (you lot can argue the right or wrong of that). 
 No what i want to suggest is the attacking of rogue bases and i mean all rogue bases/faction bases too, that time limit needs to be reduced to something like 1 minute, for the following reasons
1. rogue bases arent usually hard
2. boss bases and faction bases aren't usually 1 shot bases that reset
3. you can release and attack and release and attack until it's beaten (this is for those that complain beating such bases takes longer than 1 minute.
4. it reduces the "ring of fire" time that these people have, they cannot just engage and leave the attack after deploying an invisible air unit without actually attacking..which means they better pay attention and engage or lose their unit, their friends unit etc.

For those of you that LOVE pvp (and i'm not one of them) it'll enable attacking of bases if it's 1v1 and it might even promote the old skill of mapfighting that i miss.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

• mike.hellyer.52
    mike.hellyer.52
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 69
    in some bases takes longer then a minute just to get to the target, like token bases and boss bases.  you would make slow units like herald and ojugg 100% useless for hitting rouges of any kind.  also think on this....who the hell wants to hit a high level event base with such a small attack window.
      think about it bud
  • highlandwolf
    highlandwolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 654
    in some bases takes longer then a minute just to get to the target, like token bases and boss bases.  you would make slow units like herald and ojugg 100% useless for hitting rouges of any kind.  also think on this....who the hell wants to hit a high level event base with such a small attack window.
      think about it bud
    Those things can be excluded from what i'm talking about, i'm basically trying to put forward a way to stop people having rings of fire around base by engaging rogue bases for 6.5 minutes..boss bases can be different obviously. I'm basically talking about bases we have most of which would be 30s, 35s, 40s etc