8.29 Official Discussion

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,596
    My FPS in base is ranging 27-34. Clicking anything, like collecting res, drops the fps to like 19.
    My FPS on map is ranging 19-23. Clicking anything, like info on a target, drops the fps to like 12.
    This is with Hard acc on but fps off.

With FPS on:
    My FPS is 16-37 in base. Clicking anything, like clicking res, drops the fps to like 17.
    My FPS is 19-29 on map. Clicking anything, like info on a target, drops the fps to like 16.
  • Bouli
    Bouli
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 113
    What an utter crap. I can't even enable the Hardware Acceleration because the buggy thing says I do not have 4k Texture Support lol.

Last time I checked my Graphic Card could handle 4k Textures with ease.
    The fact I run games at 240 fps on my 240 hz monitor should say I am able to get a bit more than the crappy 30 fps this game has to offer.

Hope they can fix this bug fast so I can test out if the Hardware Acceleration fixes all the horrible lag this ancient platform (Flash) offers.
    Hopefully they upgrade to HTML5 fast so they can ditch this ancient platform this game runs on.
  • padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 102
    #PlayersFirst!  MC3 release date please

• Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 312
    Finaly.

Maybe this will help, some fidling and checking before i got it enabled again. And was critical at first when i did go to map and saw fps of avarage 20-30.
    But when i was in battle and tlc's avarage stayed high and acceptable when top is 60 and your well over 55 in avarage.

Only time will tell if this will be a lagg changer in BP, i hope so !

regard.
    Spider OUT ! Lvl 128
  • Mark.Baumgartner1974
    Mark.Baumgartner1974
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 237
    First time in ages that a new feature has impressed me. Game looks a lot better. 59-60 fps in battles. Never thought I'd say this but well done. a very rare thumbs up from me.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,596
    Perhaps removing the gantry's from the map would increase the fps of the map? Seems like a huge waste of resources.
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 736
    First time in ages that a new feature has impressed me. Game looks a lot better. 59-60 fps in battles. Never thought I'd say this but well done. a very rare thumbs up from me.
    Same from me.

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 721
    Can we get a run down of the TLCs coming up this week/month?
  • Terry Jackson
    Terry Jackson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 7
    I have the same problem, but turned acceleration off and tried to go back in and all fences, gates, and turrets still are raised.  Not sure if this is happening for people who did not turn on acceleration.

• DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    Tried two  different 103 Scourge Defense Grids and found that ALL turrets are SURFACED at beginning of encounter. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a glitch or this another "players first" improvement? I retreated before the battle started because you start out right underneath the big Omega Gun and I would probably have been decimated immediately. Any and all feedback appreciated, particularly from a Mod.
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,595
    this hardware acceleration is quite BS as it will not help with lag or serversided datastreams at all. 
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • john.harding.79827
    john.harding.79827
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 52
    get locked out of battle when using
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 553
    Xcalubur said:
    this hardware acceleration is quite BS as it will not help with lag or serversided datastreams at all. 
    I love how at least 50% of this thread is positivity about the feature, and then we get Smarmy McDowner to crap all over things.  Given how often people complain about issues that are clearly not symptomatic of server trouble, anything they do to help make the client run better is a huge win for players.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,242

Well if they are going to fix the ridiculous deflections we already have-I say we dont need it. Nothing can break through what we already have much less even more deflection.

• padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 102

Well if they are going to fix the ridiculous deflections we already have-I say we dont need it. Nothing can break through what we already have much less even more deflection.

Yes we do have some ships that can survive but bringing some of the other hulls up will create more diversity in the game for hitting

• michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Did you guys turn the hardware feature off? It no longer works- I got a message that this was no longer supported and it reverted back to the regular set up
  • Hoot343
    Hoot343
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 245
    This is NOT putting "PLAYERS FIRST" ,,,,, I can do the 112's but 117's for the point payout is just not worth it & now your adding new targets & we need to refit armors,,,,NOT putting players first AT ALL !!!!

FM UPDATE

• Three New Targets: 120,121, 105 (Blitz)

• xBoneHeadx
    xBoneHeadx
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 14
    started new accelerator and my rocket is off its platform now lol
  • g_b_arg
    g_b_arg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 24
    love the new suprise on the gonna be deleted 103's...allready surfaced...wondering how to shoot at guns till you figure out yall fk'd up again and should go that what WAS shootable before...lol..yall just dont give a fk anymore do you...btw..pinchs dont work...am i suprised?...hell naw....
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Ok guys-I do like the new graphics and all-but sometimes it works then it won't for a period of time then it works again-I have changed NOTHING on my computer and have used the EXACT same settings,etc. Do you have some suggestions why it works for awhile then turns itself off only to come back again?
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Perhaps removing the gantry's from the map would increase the fps of the map? Seems like a huge waste of resources.
    Good idea, realy has no effect on map other than bad view. Should be made af sea building inside instead!

Regards.
    Spider OUT ! Lvl 128
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    g_b_arg said:
    love the new suprise on the gonna be deleted 103's...allready surfaced...wondering how to shoot at guns till you figure out yall fk'd up again and should go that what WAS shootable before...lol..yall just dont give a fk anymore do you...btw..pinchs dont work...am i suprised?...hell naw....
    If you go at 103 old basepart targets you can as well just let fleet go auto. That give less damage than trying to drive. Fleet finds it way much better than you if you dont know the timing route to go.

Regards
    Spider OUT ! Lvl 128
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Tried two  different 103 Scourge Defense Grids and found that ALL turrets are SURFACED at beginning of encounter. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a glitch or this another "players first" improvement? I retreated before the battle started because you start out right underneath the big Omega Gun and I would probably have been decimated immediately. Any and all feedback appreciated, particularly from a Mod.
    Yes ive seen that. after i enabled HW acc again. It do nothing bad for me, i auto that target because fleet do better without driving.

Regards.
    Spider OUT ! Lvl 128
  • Brad L Moore
    Brad L Moore
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1
    when turned on cannot see battle log had to turn it off in order to view log
  • kixeyeuser_1395346752766_100005610930752
    kixeyeuser_1395346752766_100005610930752
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 25
    When hardware acccelration is on,, go to battle log I get a blank screen.  then when it is turned off it works.
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 155
    More distractions to avoid the actual problems.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • bass59
    bass59
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 41
    They won't fire till the timer tells them to fire, i drive them the same way

• kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 199
    on win 10 and playing from a gaming desk top i58200, 16gb RAM with a dedicated  GTX1060 gfx card, on a 1920x1200 monitor

resolutions are much better and projectile effects clear n smooth. heck even the wakes look smooth n nice.

base view complaints on blurry are due to the ripple wave effect along the shoreline.. i believe effect can be turned off by base owner settings if required.

on cable internet speed of 100 mbps and getting an avg 45-55fps in battle with PvE. not tried PvP, which i believe the fps may suffer abit more due to the amount of projectiles invovled.
  • xBoneHeadx
    xBoneHeadx
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 14
    edited 18 Jul 2018, 2:20AM
    cant join some battles cost me 2 fleets so far ( with accelerator on )

• Braxton_Kallanar
    Braxton_Kallanar
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 42
    Hardware Acceleration works great.  Graphics are a lot brighter and cleaner. 

Like others have said though the rocket is not on the platform and sits behind it.  My load times have been reduced for the most part and every now and then get lag spikes.  But disappear rather quickly and are tolerable.  Charged armor appears to cast a white aura when you get hit instead of it's specific color.  It does not matter which type it is.  They all appear as a white aura.   All this is for both Facebook game room and playing on chrome through Kixeye site.

Here is where things separate a little bit.  Playing through Kixyeye site the Battle Log comes up as black screen and have to refresh to get back into the game.  However, playing through Facebook or Facebook game room the Battle Log does work and am able to get back to game without refreshing.