CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,257
“Throwing blondes at Locke Lamora was not unlike throwing lettuce at sharks.” 
― Scott LynchThe Lies of Locke Lamora
-----
Update Notes:  Here (<--- Click Link)
Discuss Below
If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
  • Glitchomancy
    Glitchomancy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 325
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 6:00PM
    so just did a scourge defence grid with hardware thing on and can see all buildings before they pop up, also in full screen the image stutters left to right abit
    edit just tried a blockade all subs are visible from the start
  • fulcrumer
    fulcrumer
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,079
    I have a top of the range PC and graphics card why is the hardware acceleration not available to me??
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 6:05PM
    Hardware acceleration definitely helps me in battle a lot (it basically locks at 60), but something on the world map is keeping the framerate down 30-ish quite a bit of the time in a relatively quiet sector. Also, the average could stand to be over a longer timescale.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Polyeidus
    Polyeidus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 182
    My base got hit right before the update, I cannot view the replay. I don't know if its broke or reset with update. Which is it?
    Battle Pirates player since 2011. ID 1,039,890.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,568
    Polyeidus said:
    My base got hit right before the update, I cannot view the replay. I don't know if its broke or reset with update. Which is it?
    Most likely reset with the update.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Haven't tried it in combat yet. Graphics look a lot cripser/cleaner with it on. I turned on the counter display and it showed 30/30. I turned on the extra and the counter shows a constantly changing range of 30-34. No where near the 60 max. This laptop is probably 2-3 years old though.
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,597
    Will hardware acceleration settings be across devices? I have a more than capable system but sometimes I need to use a less powerful computer so changing the setting might be an issue.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • A7_fire_rate
    A7_fire_rate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6

Wow,, lag 9999%''' wtf

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Tried it in combat. Graphics not complete in battle. Look at the rings.  Got hit by a cheeseball for almost 3 hours repair too. 
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 535
    so, if i KNOW i have a super fast computer, why i can i not use hardware acceleration. seems game has auto not allowed the option?
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,343
    My computer CAN run these new features. I can say I am impressed guys with the improved graphics-good job! Will try them out for a bit and see how it goes

• Glitchomancy
    Glitchomancy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 325
    steshot said:
    so, if i KNOW i have a super fast computer, why i can i not use hardware acceleration. seems game has auto not allowed the option?
    its off for everyone to start with have you tried turning it on?
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952
    Awesome release. I am now able to actually drive my fleet again.
    Very impressed.
    May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    steshot said:
    its off for everyone to start with have you tried turning it on?
    i have refreshed 4 times to see if the option is in settings, but option simply isn't there!!!
  • edsamuel57
    edsamuel57
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 54
    Can't view the Battle Log.  When I try to bring up the battle log the world map or base goes black.  Have to reload to reset.
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,036
    The apathy is palpable...
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    after 7 refreshes, its appeared, and turned onto max. not seeing any difference yet, but at least its now on

• steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    i can see all projectiles again clearly, so thats better
  • stssts
    stssts
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 49
    Can't view the Battle Log.  When I try to bring up the battle log the world map or base goes black.  Have to reload to reset.
    Battle Log doesn't work for me when "Hardware Acceleration" is On is BP settings. Dialog does not appear, screen is black. That's one of the reasons why it is disabled by default.
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,005
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 6:50PM
    I am running a mid 2012 Macbook Pro with 16gb RAM and a pretty outdated graphics card, and i've been able to enable hardware acceleration without any issues. The textures for me a MUCH sharper, HD, and the load times have dropped dramatically. Everything seems much more lively, and less like im playing a 6yr old laggy stuttering Flash-based FB game. Well done, definietly seems to improve my performance especially with the shitternet im running.

edit, also it seems like you can curse again. YAY.
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 726
    Antis dont show as shooting, walls dont show as dying, orange sloth rings make it hard to see what the heck is going on, gates dont show up at all. Thats what I have found in just one battle.....was this tested?
  • davis.pollitt
    davis.pollitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 110
    Retreat button appears not to work with this activated

• jeff.lahaie.9
    jeff.lahaie.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 75
    I use Facebook Gameroom normally. Turned on the hardware acceleration and combat does seem smoother and a bit more fluid. The resolution seems to have dropped though, as everything is larger on the screen and zooming out still seems to make stuff a bit too large for my tastes. If there is any way we can zoom out further it would be appreciated. My computer stays close to 60 FPS even though it is approaching  5 years old. 

I like this update so far.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    As you can see I found a graphics bug on the 60 FPS setting-so far the first I have seen
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,992
    Drop:  Predator Missile Shard (Collect 5 to complete the limited blueprint)

Not to belabor the obvious too much - but we have to hit five of the new, more difficult targets that require the new ID flagship just to get one of these weapons?

um.......
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 217
    having trouble playing in full screen with this new feature turned on. battle seem to start already(can hear the battle going on in background) while its still "loading". it goes away when i exit full screen mode
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 7:21PM
    Drop:  Predator Missile Shard (Collect 5 to complete the limited blueprint)

Not to belabor the obvious too much - but we have to hit five of the new, more difficult targets that require the new ID flagship just to get one of these weapons?

um.......
    I hit them most of the raid and only have 5 fully completed. Sorry I meant the new Phalanx 3. But yeah same idea
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 429
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 7:28PM
    Is MC plate #3 in FM see it in ship yard but not in FM note ?
  • Maxi6b
    Maxi6b
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2
    so just did a scourge defence grid with hardware thing on and can see all buildings before they pop up, also in full screen the image stutters left to right abit
    edit just tried a blockade all subs are visible from the start

same for me