Turret questions

Lady-Jessica
Lady-Jessica
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,884
So a few questions about turrets, 1) why is the only long range radioactive turret a short range turret for it's 2nd iteration like there like the pyroclastic thrower turret would have made a great turret if it got a 2nd level, or a cryo turret it only had 120 range which is just a little more than what the new turret has. 2) why do all the newer turrets have such bad accuracy stats like holy cow the javelin lost 40% accuracy from going from level 1 to level 2 and it cant hit the broad side of a barn now and the phlogiston launcher at max retro has over 110% accuracy why is it stripped down to 50% for the level 2 forum? even with the accuracy boosting items its not likely to hit much especially when attacker can get 70% evade on their hulls.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 539
    because the company does not want the players to have better stuff than them
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 233
    I agree with Lady J.  

I would understand the range/accuracy being comparable to lower tier radioactive turrets if there was an aura effect (like glacials) that slows and/or reduce reload of enemy ships, but there doesn't seem to be anything interesting of the turret itself.  It's just a different damage type attackers need to account for.
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    Shock waves better build fast as only way gonna see some use.
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3,903
    So a few questions about turrets, 1) why is the only long range radioactive turret a short range turret for it's 2nd iteration like there like the pyroclastic thrower turret would have made a great turret if it got a 2nd level, or a cryo turret it only had 120 range which is just a little more than what the new turret has. 2) why do all the newer turrets have such bad accuracy stats like holy cow the javelin lost 40% accuracy from going from level 1 to level 2 and it cant hit the broad side of a barn now and the phlogiston launcher at max retro has over 110% accuracy why is it stripped down to 50% for the level 2 forum? even with the accuracy boosting items its not likely to hit much especially when attacker can get 70% evade on their hulls.
    1. Because with the shockwave it's going to hurt. In the past, and currently, we have short range turrets designed to be used strategically in your base design. Personally, I don't want a 'kill-em-all' turret and the range seems to be the offset.

2. Likely because if you are using up special slots for evade you are leaving yourself open for other things. Is it ideal? No. Nothing this year has been ideal, but I can see the thought process behind this design better than some of the other stuff they've put out this year.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,509
    Significant boost in damage for a decent loss in range. Phlog 2 poses a threat. Phlog 1 doesn't. If this had range, accuracy, and damage it would be OP. Plus, a lot of ships will be losing evade when they refit to the new Shielded Circuitry.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    1. Because with the shockwave it's going to hurt. In the past, and currently, we have short range turrets designed to be used strategically in your base design. Personally, I don't want a 'kill-em-all' turret and the range seems to be the offset.

2. Likely because if you are using up special slots for evade you are leaving yourself open for other things. Is it ideal? No. Nothing this year has been ideal, but I can see the thought process behind this design better than some of the other stuff they've put out this year.
    1.1-your missing the point i was making we have 3 other radioactive turrets that haven't been revamped recently which are all close range my gripe is that they used the only existing long range rad turret as the new short range turret instead of one of the existing shot range rad turrets

2.1-you're not really giving up much of anything by adding evade specials on an attack hull, if they only had 4 or 5 special slots sure they would have to make a choice but with 6 they don't have to they can just throw it on and forget about it.
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3,903

1.1-your missing the point i was making we have 3 other radioactive turrets that haven't been revamped recently which are all close range my gripe is that they used the only existing long range rad turret as the new short range turret instead of one of the existing shot range rad turrets

2.1-you're not really giving up much of anything by adding evade specials on an attack hull, if they only had 4 or 5 special slots sure they would have to make a choice but with 6 they don't have to they can just throw it on and forget about it.
    1. It's a new tier turret. It holds a name, doesn't mean it has to mimic the others. The others don't have to be revamped. Why can't you just take the turret as designed and apply some strategy to use it?? It's not really a short range turret. If properly set up there is only one combination that can outrange it ffs. They didn't use any existing turret- they used a friggin' name. That's like complaining that GM put the impala name on a dinky fwd car instead of building a monster rwd behemoth.

2. Just trow it on and forget about it?? lmao!!!! Clearly you don't hit top end bases. It's a struggle to decide what you can leave off on some of these builds. You absolutely will be giving up something to put evade on.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica

1. It's a new tier turret. It holds a name, doesn't mean it has to mimic the others. The others don't have to be revamped. Why can't you just take the turret as designed and apply some strategy to use it?? It's not really a short range turret. If properly set up there is only one combination that can outrange it ffs. They didn't use any existing turret- they used a friggin' name. That's like complaining that GM put the impala name on a dinky fwd car instead of building a monster rwd behemoth.

2. Just trow it on and forget about it?? lmao!!!! Clearly you don't hit top end bases. It's a struggle to decide what you can leave off on some of these builds. You absolutely will be giving up something to put evade on.
    1.2- A name carries more weight than just some letters look at all the other tech in the game that has a number series all of them are at least some what mechanically related with some tweaks here and there but in most parts function at least similarly to its previous counterparts, this new turret does not it takes all the things layed out from the previous line and scraps it all and rebuilds it from scratch even a noob can see something is not right when they look at something like the the victory morder and that it works pretty much the same way threw out all iterations and this new one takes all that and turns all the mechanics on its head, at least the houzer was still moderately the same though they did crank up the range a bit for that one.

2.2- how about you provide an example than, the only real choice for conqueror hulls are what weapons to use, what armors to use and what tactical to use(if you use one at all) everything else is rather strait forward.