Old Times

Frank Willis
Frank Willis
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 202
So i was going through old pictures and came across these Gems from the good days.
Battle Pirates: Valaquenta Sector 40 Currently level 31, Freelance Soldier
Former Name: Knights-of-NI
Revenge Raid IV Winner.
Base Invader 1-5 Winner.
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 294

This was the time period i started playing. Continuous open dialogue in comms: figuring out the game, trash talk, and socialization.

• Frank Willis
    Frank Willis
    Minor Nuisance
    ive got a few more but i stopped playing a long time ago
    Revenge Raid IV Winner.
    Base Invader 1-5 Winner.
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,396
    ive got a few more but i stopped playing a long time ago
    You stopped playing but you still follow the forums? I find the game way more interesting than the goings on here. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    A tad before my time. interesting to see. Thanks for the pics.
  • Frank Willis
    Frank Willis
    Minor Nuisance
    nah havent touched the BP forums in years, just thought id toss those here lol
    Revenge Raid IV Winner.
    Base Invader 1-5 Winner.
  • PhreddDevlin
    PhreddDevlin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 380
    Nice. I can recall those days. Thanks for sharing.
  • D.Fantum
    D.Fantum
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 19
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 6:03PM
    Here's when I finally got the FF started researching. 
    MFTC: Maw Fok'n Throat Cutters

• D.Fantum
    D.Fantum
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 19
    Fun times.....
    MFTC: Maw Fok'n Throat Cutters

• laura.chapman.94
    laura.chapman.94
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 39
    So i was going through old pictures and came across these Gems from the good days.
    Great pic of old sector 40 back in the day Frank!  Good times with 4TG!!
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144

Back then, we knew how to properly flatten a base!

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • Albert.E.Roberts
    Albert.E.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 666
    I missed those days, that is when BP was fun and every sector was almost full.
    I agree in the rush to try out the GD teams new ideas of how the game they want should be the fun part is being neglected and chore after chore is turning the game into a full time job . So meany hulls required to do FM ,base hitting,raids and not forgetting TLC,s no wonder new players are not sticking with the game.
  • estrauss11
    estrauss11
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 233
    I missed those days, that is when BP was fun and every sector was almost full.
    I agree in the rush to try out the GD teams new ideas of how the game they want should be the fun part is being neglected and chore after chore is turning the game into a full time job . So meany hulls required to do FM ,base hitting,raids and not forgetting TLC,s no wonder new players are not sticking with the game.
    I was happy when I got Levi's and was finally able to do raid and the FM's, and still kill other fleets for PvP.

KaffeEric Stike Lighting
  • jonas.thinius
    jonas.thinius
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 2
    I miss the good old times. the devs wanted / still want to much...
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

I Pepperidge Farms:

Black water

SeaWolves pounding Bases

Sea Scorpions pounding Bases better

Dreadnaught pounding Bases, unless you had Ships set up to run in under the Mort's because everyone used just Mort's and had a Weapons Range Halo....

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,260
    100-150 fleets all going at the same time to smash the other sector.  Epic combat that lasted for an hour, because you coud come back to your base repair for a coin and go back and smash fleet again.  Get smash and repeat.   Hours of real fun action every night if you wanted to.  100's of thousand of players.  Money was flowing for Kix.  Then someone wanted more and it all started to go south to where we are today.
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 81
    Ah black water days, where you had to sail to open the map up and could only sail so far, way before relay towers.  The days when the whole sector would attack the neighboring sector with fleets of battle barges, sea wolves, leviathans, FFs, and marauders.  Back when repairs were reasonable and the addiction to play constantly was the best drug ever invented.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@Xevian said:
    Ah black water days, where you had to sail to open the map up and could only sail so far, way before relay towers.  The days when the whole sector would attack the neighboring sector with fleets of battle barges, sea wolves, leviathans, FFs, and marauders.  Back when repairs were reasonable and the addiction to play constantly was the best drug ever invented.

Traveling HOURS to get to far away Bases and back home. Wormholes were one of the better upgrades they have added.

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 598
    edited 25 Feb 2019, 4:31AM
    i agree with everyone here most fun times ! 

sector invasion used to happen every 1 or 2 days 

a mid lvl could fight a high lvl for hours and have fun 

low lvls used to join in and get fun , not many good results for them but they had fun and kept them in the game 

think the day i most remember was the day i finished my pred fleet off , and fought MD's in fvf for 16 hrs none stop , base must of been smashed 30 plus times , my flt sank less and less the more i used them "took me a while to judge how far away i had to be before surfacing LOL"

And that was actually the day i got hooked to coin  :/ it wasnt in a raid , it wasnt with the latest great hull , it wasnt on upgrades it was for and only with  FUN  , 

Ive said it many times , and i will say it again FUN is why players play and want to play ! Even if kix did a small subscription to allow free repairs but had it 2 tiers behind current tier ships example at the moment tier 6 hulls and below  , it would allow players to have fun , it would give life to older hulls we all have , and it would give a small flow of money to KIX " as we know kix needs money to stay afloat" and the reason 2 tiers behind i think is the right level , simple means players would need to pay for repairs to hit almost all bases , and it means mid lvls can have fun ! and small subscibtion i am think 1.99 a month or there abouts 
    playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 598
    edited 25 Feb 2019, 4:55AM
    and just as a sideline i can remember watching this and thinking KIxeye need to do it LOL 

playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !