8.28 Discussion Thread

• jan.jones.37
    jan.jones.37
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5
    I noticed there is no bonus points showing for the target 100,102. Did you drop that bonus or is it a honest mistake? 

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 16,540
    I noticed there is no bonus points showing for the target 100,102. Did you drop that bonus or is it a honest mistake? 

This is intended,  since these are last months targets no bonus is applied to them.
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 89
    bort said:
    msantosjr said:
    5x each of NEW ARMORS (D6 CO/M) 

Well, goodluck for those who can get it and install 1st time! as it is 40mil pts (total), LIMITED and available only at the LOCKED STORE.... smh!

AND for those who already have their mantis completed with armors i.e 4x D5 COM on 5-ships; (Refits of 2xD5com into D6co+D6m)
    - this could bring ±45mins LESS REPAIR time per ship.
    - needs at least 2d 12hrs refit per ship (approx 10x 1day, 5x 12hrs build tokens; or 15x 1day build tokens)

Giggle... giggle... 5x
    aren't there tokens in the raid?

also repair time is only relevant per target, (or per million points) not overall.
    Yep, there were actually 8+2 days manticore build tokens at stake for another 40mil pts, let alone the remaining 5x 12hrs build times.
    hence, i say Goddluck! for players who can have this for 80mil total aside from other limited prizes at stake.

And the ±45mins LESS REPAIR time per ship, are for those who already have their mantis already fitted with 4x D5 COM in each of the 5x ships.
    If they wish to put these armors (1 pair x 5ships) via REFIT, the effect for the entire fleet (once totally dead) is supposedly 5x 45mins LESS . and it is not relevant neither per target nor per million points as this computation is based on full armor health to zero. and as earlier mentioned - Goodluck for 80mil + 5x12hours buildtimes.

Happy hunting!
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    ParagonD said:
    Wild_G said:
    Still haven't listened to players about point reduction for high lvls.  It's not based on lvl anymore what people have. some high lvls don't have the tech they need to hit tougher targets.  some low lvls have better tech then high lvls.  So again the low lvls who have all the tech to hit tougher targets don't get punished with the pts reduction like high lvls get punished for just being a high lvl  The point reduction for high lvls should not be in place anymore.  But like I said to begin with you ALL AT KIX WON'T LISTEN!!!
    I agree totally.

This is a major kick in the proverbials, as level hasn't meant much for a few years now. If you've got the cash, can just buy a top fleet when it's offered regardless of level.

Penalising high levels who may not have the latest tech, or may be returning to the game makes no sense.

Anyway, I agree - the point reduction shouldn't be in place anymore, and should have been scrapped at least a year ago!!!!
    yeah, or atleast make the pts reduction based on higher fleet levels engaged on low level targets, and not on player's base level. 
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 881
    One of each of the d6-m and d6-co armors and two d5com will drop your repair time by 45 minutes but you will lose almost 1-2% pen/cor defense. when you're in the mid to high 90s on defenses that 1-2% drop can equate to a lot more damage. So not sure if the reduced repair time is going to be worth the extra damage.
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 396
    Laredo said:
    I have asked the team about these 1 second repair times just to be sure its correct.  I have been told that it IS correct and the intended repair times are 1 second.  They have done this to help us with repair times going forward and I hope this trend continues.

While the 1 second thing is very cool, if several years overdue, its still a limited print unlike any other D-series armor. Get rid of limited ship prints and it will be a huge step in the right direction of putting players first. 
    Further proof that no matter what KIX does, it will never be enough for some people.  Congratulations, you're part of the problem.
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 396
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 6:02PM
    Laredo said:

This is intended,  since these are last months targets no bonus is applied to them.
    so you take the bonus away so theres no prep and you screw the lowers? Is that correct?  
    Wait, "the lowers" were doing the 100 and 102 previously?  Or by "lowers" do you mean high level folks who were hoping to bankroll this event off their learnings from the last one?  Seems like that's still possible, if that's the route those players want to take.  There's just now an incentive to learn the new targets.  Almost like they want some sort of reward for taking risks in this game.  Crazy, right?
  • xXx_TW
    xXx_TW
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    can we get the chaos cannons in this raid plz
  • mattheus.drybooms
    mattheus.drybooms
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 211
    it would be possible to still add some hunter tokens and general tokens, conq, defenders, ..
    this may come in
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,896

@Laredo said:
    jan.jones.37 said:

jan.jones.37 said:

If thats intended, then riddle me this.

If I only have points for ID and tech, how come all i can get is ID, AND NOT THE TECH?!

• msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    Catastrophic Mortar
    Will there be an increase for the limit?
    Atm, it is max at 2.
  • Thom Lougheed
    Thom Lougheed
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 5
    I would REALLY appreciate my Blunderbuss 2 &/0r my vulture missiles actually firing on attacking ships.  I have not seen a single shot from either of these weapons from my portal when my base is attacked.
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,072
    I would REALLY appreciate my Blunderbuss 2 &/0r my vulture missiles actually firing on attacking ships.  I have not seen a single shot from either of these weapons from my portal when my base is attacked.
    well both of those guns are out ranged by current attackers.. 

so it is quite likely that you would not see them fire..    IF the blunder fires the projectile speed is quite fast which makes it rather hard to see.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,876
    ParagonD said:
    Wild_G said:
    Still haven't listened to players about point reduction for high lvls.  It's not based on lvl anymore what people have. some high lvls don't have the tech they need to hit tougher targets.  some low lvls have better tech then high lvls.  So again the low lvls who have all the tech to hit tougher targets don't get punished with the pts reduction like high lvls get punished for just being a high lvl  The point reduction for high lvls should not be in place anymore.  But like I said to begin with you ALL AT KIX WON'T LISTEN!!!
    I agree totally.

This is a major kick in the proverbials, as level hasn't meant much for a few years now. If you've got the cash, can just buy a top fleet when it's offered regardless of level.

Penalising high levels who may not have the latest tech, or may be returning to the game makes no sense.

Anyway, I agree - the point reduction shouldn't be in place anymore, and should have been scrapped at least a year ago!!!!
    yes, the game needs to encourage mediocrity. everyone should get a prize.... 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 9:29PM
    msantosjr said:
    bort said:
    msantosjr said:
    5x each of NEW ARMORS (D6 CO/M) 

Well, goodluck for those who can get it and install 1st time! as it is 40mil pts (total), LIMITED and available only at the LOCKED STORE.... smh!

AND for those who already have their mantis completed with armors i.e 4x D5 COM on 5-ships; (Refits of 2xD5com into D6co+D6m)
    - this could bring ±45mins LESS REPAIR time per ship.
    - needs at least 2d 12hrs refit per ship (approx 10x 1day, 5x 12hrs build tokens; or 15x 1day build tokens)

Giggle... giggle... 5x
    aren't there tokens in the raid?

also repair time is only relevant per target, (or per million points) not overall.
    Yep, there were actually 8+2 days manticore build tokens at stake for another 40mil pts, let alone the remaining 5x 12hrs build times.
    hence, i say Goddluck! for players who can have this for 80mil total aside from other limited prizes at stake.

And the ±45mins LESS REPAIR time per ship, are for those who already have their mantis already fitted with 4x D5 COM in each of the 5x ships.
    If they wish to put these armors (1 pair x 5ships) via REFIT, the effect for the entire fleet (once totally dead) is supposedly 5x 45mins LESS . and it is not relevant neither per target nor per million points as this computation is based on full armor health to zero. and as earlier mentioned - Goodluck for 80mil + 5x12hours buildtimes.

Happy hunting!

One of each of the d6-m and d6-co armors and two d5com will drop your repair time by 45 minutes but you will lose almost 1-2% pen/cor defense. when you're in the mid to high 90s on defenses that 1-2% drop can equate to a lot more damage. So not sure if the reduced repair time is going to be worth the extra damage.

its closer to a 10% difference 44%ish additional resistance versus 49% additional resistance

and if you're getting your fleet totally destroyed you are doing it wrong. very wrong.

and those tokens will be a piece of cake to get for any decent non-coiner who already has d5com on their ships. At least the first 10 days worth. ALthough for me personally i'll be getting them all to also grab enough hyper 30s.

• Big_Si
    Big_Si
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 76
    So with the upcoming new FM targets in July where they will be even more damage for hardly any more points how are we not getting bent over again?

You are lucky if most people have a full Inferno dragon fleet already due to the amount of builds we have to do with 2 raid fleets and new fleets required for Uranium since the Buccs are useless now too.

So I know a good idea lets make new FM targets where we need 25 pieces of the new Armour plus the new flag! 

Makes perfect sense to me :) 
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 241
    Hey KIX, we have people who have not played in awhile returning, Please release PROTOTIDE in prizes this raid so they can catch UP. 
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 881
    I guess this means we'll get a 108 and 110 in the following raid. Yay!!!
  • DrFeelgo0d
    DrFeelgo0d
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 493
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 10:48PM
    no coin for kix again
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Big_Si said:
    So with the upcoming new FM targets in July where they will be even more damage for hardly any more points how are we not getting bent over again?

You are lucky if most people have a full Inferno dragon fleet already due to the amount of builds we have to do with 2 raid fleets and new fleets required for Uranium since the Buccs are useless now too.

So I know a good idea lets make new FM targets where we need 25 pieces of the new Armour plus the new flag! 

Makes perfect sense to me :) 
    its not luck.
  • Leo Hilton
    Leo Hilton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 82
    What happened to " Going forward, you will only need 1 fleet for raids"      100 & 102 No longer give the 5 mil Bonus for set completion but the 104 & 106 will give you the bonus.     So basically every who built scatter Mantis are now screwed as most likely Missile versions will be needed in the 104 & 106s so you do need 2 fleets.  By hey it's ok Kixeye are selling 30days of Manti tokens for £76 so you can refit them !       

Another example of Kixeye's utter contempt for it's players and screwing people over.  I usually just hammer the raid try get it done within and hour or so and just hammer the gold whatever it costs, this raid my goal will be to spend as little as possible so up yours.   I am sick of your spiteful, deceitful, unhanded way you try and screw people over, am I hope other players do the same and try to keep all spending to a minimum.
  • yasir_BTW
    yasir_BTW
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
    Why Ship builds token no more in prize list ?
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 224
    one or the other cant get both in this raid
    I got "both" last raid. They'v doubled the points this raid though... don't see myself getting 80mil....
  • James Dwyer
    James Dwyer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 82
    I kinda understand there not being a 5 mill bonus for the 100/102 set, not that I agree, but still should get at least half the bonus for this month. The argument that they are last months targets is ridiculous, so are the 60's, and the 80's, but we still get a completion bonus for them. he idea that they are still worth hitting because you get a piece of a blueprint is not enough to offset the damage. Add a bonus, and make it a viable option for raid.
  • Linda_K73
    Linda_K73
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 58
    TheHolsh said:
    Every blueprint ever offered in the game.

Really just wanting the fire field extinguisher tac mod.

ABSO-D^A^M^N-LUTELY, and also include every HULL that has ever been offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let the PLAYERS DECIDE WHAT TO PUT ON THEIR BUILDS AND IN THEIR FLEETS!!

In addition to that, EVERY HULL'S WEAPON'S SPOT SHOULD BE FULLY OPEN FOR WHATEVER ***WE*** WANT TO PUT ON THE HULLS.  That CRAP of designating only HALF of a Dragon's hull for ONLY DEFENSIVE WEAPONS, IS CHILDISH ASININE BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

It's a good thing that a lead ship for Dragons is in this raid because kix was about an eye lash away from me saying to hell with game and putting my $400 a month somewhere else!!  But if doesn't perform, I'm out'a here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kixeyeuser_918613551_30728_3188412
    kixeyeuser_918613551_30728_3188412
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 23

I would like citadel, monolith, and zelos build tokens... even hourly ones

• kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,418
    What happened to " Going forward, you will only need 1 fleet for raids"      100 & 102 No longer give the 5 mil Bonus for set completion but the 104 & 106 will give you the bonus.     So basically every who built scatter Mantis are now screwed as most likely Missile versions will be needed in the 104 & 106s so you do need 2 fleets.  By hey it's ok Kixeye are selling 30days of Manti tokens for £76 so you can refit them !       

Another example of Kixeye's utter contempt for it's players and screwing people over.  I usually just hammer the raid try get it done within and hour or so and just hammer the gold whatever it costs, this raid my goal will be to spend as little as possible so up yours.   I am sick of your spiteful, deceitful, unhanded way you try and screw people over, am I hope other players do the same and try to keep all spending to a minimum.
    while i am completely unhappy with the way that kix is **** this game i do have to defend this point you only need 1 fleet if your loic is correct that the 104 and the 106 need missile mantis because the missile mantis can do the 100 and 102 so 1 fleet can do them all 
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,072
    Linda_K73 said:
    TheHolsh said:
    Every blueprint ever offered in the game.

Really just wanting the fire field extinguisher tac mod.

ABSO-D^A^M^N-LUTELY, and also include every HULL that has ever been offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let the PLAYERS DECIDE WHAT TO PUT ON THEIR BUILDS AND IN THEIR FLEETS!!

In addition to that, EVERY HULL'S WEAPON'S SPOT SHOULD BE FULLY OPEN FOR WHATEVER ***WE*** WANT TO PUT ON THE HULLS.  That CRAP of designating only HALF of a Dragon's hull for ONLY DEFENSIVE WEAPONS, IS CHILDISH ASININE BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

It's a good thing that a lead ship for Dragons is in this raid because kix was about an eye lash away from me saying to hell with game and putting my $400 a month somewhere else!!  But if doesn't perform, I'm out'a here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what are you smoking there linda? 

The IDs do not have a limit..  I have multiple IDs with nothing but rockets.

• Gibbs1973
    Gibbs1973
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 10
    Kix, you are changing the FM and give us some ship builds to help to do them but you don't put the components that you show into the raid so we can build them. Please add the D5-XM Armour and the Lowered explosive Mount into the open store.