8.28 Discussion Thread

• nrubnus
    nrubnus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 627
    Even with the latest TLC which helped out a lot, I still would like the option to purchase more Hydra tokens. 

HULLS WON:
    90% + of all hulls/limited offered ever :)

Some places visited: 34, 35, 113, 175, 222, 224, 228, 293, 328, 340, 344, 359, 362, 391, 444, 446, 467, 475, and 493
     "We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye" - MJK
  • williaij
    williaij
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 37
    I was wondering, for players in my alliance that can finally get the dragon hull in the open store for 15 million, but have no newer equipment Rockets and engine in the ladder, is there any way kixeye could get those items out from behind the flagship at 40 million?  It is a barrier to getting a current FM fleet.

Cheers
  • Son_Of_A_Biscuit
    Son_Of_A_Biscuit
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 106
    Maybe i didn't look properly, can someone answer please..................Do we still get 5 mill bonus for the 100 and 102 bases once both bases have been destroyed  = 10k points?

i only saw they bonus for the two higher lvl base. 
  • kixeyeuser_1417385361947_1062541018
    kixeyeuser_1417385361947_1062541018
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 232
    williaij said:
    I was wondering, for players in my alliance that can finally get the dragon hull in the open store for 15 million, but have no newer equipment Rockets and engine in the ladder, is there any way kixeye could get those items out from behind the flagship at 40 million?  It is a barrier to getting a current FM fleet.

Cheers
    RFX eng & Twifire rockets are in the prize ladder. They can get them b4 G's ID. Though i'd go with ss6 over RFX eng.
  • jpeters77
    jpeters77
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 19
    Guess they didn't have a chance to read the surveys yet...

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,229
    I have asked the team about these 1 second repair times just to be sure its correct.  I have been told that it IS correct and the intended repair times are 1 second.  They have done this to help us with repair times going forward and I hope this trend continues.

• dballard601
    dballard601
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 556
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 1:18AM
    I haven't seen any info on the MD 3 in terms of points needed.  Is it going to be a BP drop after a completed target?
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,004
    I haven't seen any info on the MD 3 in terms of points needed.  Is it going to be a BP drop after a completed target?
    It drops upon the completion of a 106. You get 1 shard and need 5 for a full blueprint.
  • Brent Myers
    Brent Myers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 160
    Jason Ma said:
    It has the completion bonus as 5mil for 104 and 106, but it doesn't list a completion bonus for 100 and 102. Are those just independent targets now? I wasn't able to hit top tier targets in the Siege raid, Is that a common thing in the later raids in a cycle? 

they took the 100 and 102 out of the completion bonus and added the new harder one only.
  • dragoon25
    dragoon25
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 37
    Angus_B said:
    not sure I want to spend 40 mil and 18+ days on the dragon lead as it's flag effect is only within 125 range when the savage kodiak can hide in a corner and give the +50% defense for 8 days build time as it has no range limit
    if i had to guess they MIGHT nerf the kodiak to unlessness or ban it from the new targets in an attempt to make you go that route.
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 122
    dragoon25 said:
    Angus_B said:
    not sure I want to spend 40 mil and 18+ days on the dragon lead as it's flag effect is only within 125 range when the savage kodiak can hide in a corner and give the +50% defense for 8 days build time as it has no range limit
    if i had to guess they MIGHT nerf the kodiak to unlessness or ban it from the new targets in an attempt to make you go that route.
    the dragon lead is better then kodiak
    1. it has deflection bonus beyond the 50% defense
    2. you get 20% more fire power for a 5th gun
    3. you get 20% more health for a 5th boat

• James Dwyer
    James Dwyer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 84
    Not a bad prize list,but players are really beyond fed up with limited items.
    100%
  • John-luci Wesson
    John-luci Wesson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 68
    100%
    Indeed what about those of us who have each fleet type missile and scatts manticores  that's 10 needed right away aswell as those who need them for skys or phnxs ontop thats another 5 -10 and the pen on dragons would be useful thats 5 more the list can go on and on but from that list 25+ needed
  • Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 201
    Angus_B said:
    savage kodiak is better than the greta dragon and probably quicker to build a shell

The Inferno Flagship for me is 3d 19h 27m. That is much faster than the Savage Kodiak.
    The Inferno also has as Flagship abilities the same +50 penetration def bonus of the Savage Kodiak, in addition to +300 Ship / Structure deflection. It also has increased bonuses for countermeasures, greater damage bonus to explosions, and greater defense bonuses.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,094
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 9:19AM
    100%
    only because they dont realise that if there are not limited items, some other new items would need to be defined as prizes, making other existing items obsolete. effectively a zero sum game, but older stuff becomes obsolete quicker.

admittedly some are mesmerised by new and shiny ....
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 97
    5x each of NEW ARMORS (D6 CO/M) 

Well, goodluck for those who can get it and install 1st time! as it is 40mil pts (total), LIMITED and available only at the LOCKED STORE.... smh!

AND for those who already have their mantis completed with armors i.e 4x D5 COM on 5-ships; (Refits of 2xD5com into D6co+D6m)
    - this could bring ±45mins LESS REPAIR time per ship.
    - needs at least 2d 12hrs refit per ship (approx 10x 1day, 5x 12hrs build tokens; or 15x 1day build tokens)

Giggle... giggle... 5x
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,094
    msantosjr said:
    5x each of NEW ARMORS (D6 CO/M) 

Well, goodluck for those who can get it and install 1st time! as it is 40mil pts (total), LIMITED and available only at the LOCKED STORE.... smh!

AND for those who already have their mantis completed with armors i.e 4x D5 COM on 5-ships; (Refits of 2xD5com into D6co+D6m)
    - this could bring ±45mins LESS REPAIR time per ship.
    - needs at least 2d 12hrs refit per ship (approx 10x 1day, 5x 12hrs build tokens; or 15x 1day build tokens)

Giggle... giggle... 5x
    aren't there tokens in the raid?

also repair time is only relevant per target, (or per million points) not overall.
  • John-luci Wesson
    John-luci Wesson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 68
    williaij said:

Cheers
    Rampage report also stated the Dragon hull will be in FM after raid cost unknown or what tier but will be managable to get with an okay fm fleet 
  • jan.jones.37
    jan.jones.37
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5
    I noticed there is no bonus points showing for the target 102,104. Did you drop that bonus or is it a honest mistake? 
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,351
    Not a mistake. Intentional.
  • zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 340
    Limited Blueprints need to die in a raging fire. 
    This is what BP really needs to do.... 
  • Ni-Gel
    Ni-Gel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 378
    Come on Kixeye, put in these prizes most are lacking to have a fair game! Do I have to go a whole month without it again?
    ID: 17244828
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,200
    love the bug fixes. but think some things still missed....
    so anyone else's Jav 2 still not firing?

they are shooting just fine.. 

The projectile speed is just too fast to see it.    If built right they are insta jibbing Bus and sloths.   

REcord your fight, slow it down right after the jav turns to the target it fires.. its a little gold bullet.  really hard to see.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,200
    dragoon25 said:
    Angus_B said:
    the dragon lead is better then kodiak
    1. it has deflection bonus beyond the 50% defense
    2. you get 20% more fire power for a 5th gun
    3. you get 20% more health for a 5th boat

and none of that is worth the added damage that a 5th boat will get with everything doing splash damage.

I can currently do 6 ( sometimes 7 ) 117s with the current set up.  I do not see the GID helping get more then that, or lowering the damage I am taking.   THAT is the problem.   adding another boat isnt always a good thing.

• Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 275
    Laredo said:
    I have asked the team about these 1 second repair times just to be sure its correct.  I have been told that it IS correct and the intended repair times are 1 second.  They have done this to help us with repair times going forward and I hope this trend continues.

This is a positive "attaboy" for Kixeye as repair times per fleet have become ridiculously long again.  Hope they keep this up and further reduce repair times.  It's one reason I don't use my Tideseeker fleet...it's simply not worth the huge repair bill, especially since you can only repair one fleet at a time and cannot "stack" a repair quewe. 

I realize that part of it is that Kixeye wants to "Stimulate" coining repairs to add to their revenue, but for me it has the opposite effect...I won't spend that kind of coin on repairs and simply have reduced my playing time to wait on repairs.  DAYS of repairs if you dare to use more than one fleet during a playing session is a major disincentive toward playing the game, as is the need to keep scrapping fleets due to limited space in the Dock in order to build anything new.  
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 896
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 3:52PM
    Wild_G said:
    Still haven't listened to players about point reduction for high lvls.  It's not based on lvl anymore what people have. some high lvls don't have the tech they need to hit tougher targets.  some low lvls have better tech then high lvls.  So again the low lvls who have all the tech to hit tougher targets don't get punished with the pts reduction like high lvls get punished for just being a high lvl  The point reduction for high lvls should not be in place anymore.  But like I said to begin with you ALL AT KIX WON'T LISTEN!!!
    I agree totally.

This is a major kick in the proverbials, as level hasn't meant much for a few years now. If you've got the cash, can just buy a top fleet when it's offered regardless of level.

Penalising high levels who may not have the latest tech, or may be returning to the game makes no sense.

Anyway, I agree - the point reduction shouldn't be in place anymore, and should have been scrapped at least a year ago!!!!
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • mattheusD
    mattheusD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 312
    it would be possible to still add some hunter tokens and general tokens, conq, defenders, ..